LCS Employee Reviews

Poor Management/leadership members
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 24, 2018
Promises of promotion and advancement, but when the time comes, someone else gets it. When taking concerns to HR, you’re ignored and told the manager is “Justified and has reason to react in unprofessional ways.”

Overall a very hostile, stressful company to work for, many hours of overtime expected, but not enough work to fill said hours.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management/HR lacks education and proper training
Regional management is about promoting themselves not working with team.
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 30, 2018
LCS management is about promoting themselves, charging their clients and minimal to no hands on with communities. LCS has a mentality that the communities and owners work for them not the way the contracts read.
Great company to work for- competitive environment but overall very satisfied at LCS
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 21, 2018
I started in LCS a PDP, I work in Minneapolis and when to New Mexico to open a new community. I enjoyed the opportunities to move to different states. Although I was a PDP, I already had experience managing assisted living, and I acted more as an interim ED than a PDP. I left LCS because I wanted to advance much quicker than what LCS can offer me at that time.
Pros
Good training and experience
Cons
pay was low for an ED role.
Very family oriented company
IT Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 6, 2018
Very family oriented company. They care about their work/family life balance. LCS makes sure all employees have the opportunity for training each year.
Poor Management Style
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 28, 2018
When I first started, it went well but then they “re-structured” and promoted managers who were under experienced and did not know how to train. Power went to some of their heads which made work difficult and caused many headaches.
Pros
Downtown
Cons
Poor management
Unethical business practices
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 6, 2018
You do NOT want to work at this company.
Look somewhere else. Nothing with this company is as it seems, or as they say. The management team are only in it for themselves and will lie to you and everyone else to get their bonuses.
Bonuses that "management" only gets. And yes, it comes off the back of all the true worker bees.
Run and never look back. You do not want to put yourself through the turmoil and back stabbing that goes on in this "home office".
Pros
some of the staff are good people
Cons
management, all
Strong Corporate Culture
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 28, 2017
Strong Values Statement. A commitment to excellence and dedication to the customer first and foremost. They are interconnected and interdependent on their associates and clients.
N/a
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2017
This company is great to work for and provides a lot of growth opportunity as long as you are willing to move with them. Community life is great with residents.
One of the best employers in the Senior Housing Development and Management Industry
Corporate Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Missouri, Florida, MichiganOctober 26, 2017
I worked for this company for 19 years. I was asked to re-locate, and due to family commitments, I was unable to do so. The culture of LCS was that we served the customer first and foremost.
Pros
Autonomy, Corporate/Supervisory Support, Service Environment
Cons
Requirement to re-locate
LCS is a wonderful place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 26, 2017
LCS is a great company. In my experience, I have met some great people all over the country that work in different LCS owned or managed properties. We serve the residents with dignity and respect and customer service is one of our number one priorities. I truly believe each person who works at LCS has a passion to help our senior population live full and productive lives.
Pros
Education opportunities, great people
Cons
No or very limited career advancement opportunities.
Good company, poor managment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 28, 2017
The managers in my department were micro-managers. Communication wasn't great and it didn't feel like an open door policy. Overtime was expected and work-life balance wasn't the best.
Pros
Good company, people, and benefits
Cons
Poor management and work-life balance
Great people!
Interim Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2017
New to the company filling in to help during a transition. Due to to my unique position, I have not had the full experience, but everything has been nothing but positive thus far!
Great Company - HORRIBLE Regional Management Team
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  OpenAugust 23, 2017
LCS could be a great company to work for, however their
Regional Management Team is nothing short of a joke. There is no objectivity with the Regional Team and they absolutely DO NOT support the Executive Director. They totally trash the Owner group and then act totally amazed when it is brought up. Worst experience I've even had in a working environment. Beautiful community -- the residents deserve far more!
Benefits
Cons
Support, Regional Team, Unethical
Great Company with very knowledgeable Team
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 16, 2017
I worked at LCS and enjoyed the structure. Unfortunately some of the senior management are very unethical and unprofessional but this does not smudge my opinion of the company's day to day professionals that work had.
Pros
Great Regional Team
Cons
Vice President Level Executives in the Rental Division
Unethical company does not support executives and leadership
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 1, 2017
The most difficult day was interacting with regional directors. Disrespectful to leadership team at the communities. They frequently lied to owners and corp re issues. Worst place to work in 20 years employment. How do they get away with lying to owners
The community was beautiful but that was because of owners not this management company. Great residents and staff (until the regionals treated them so poorly and they got frustrated with them)
I had to do a lot of clean up overtime they left. Like the tazmania devil when corp came in.
Pros
Beautiful buildings and community!
Cons
Unethical practices, dishonest, disrespectful
Did not like working there
Payroll/Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 3, 2017
Not open to culture, in the beginning you felt welcome but afterwards everyone are in their small groups and you don't feel accepted. Lots of gossiping.
Good company with good benefits
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 8, 2017
They really care about their employees. They have activities to help keep moral up. Fund raising such as United Way and Alzheimer's research are made fun with variance activities planned out by thoughtful committees.
Great company to work for
Associate Administrator (Former Employee) –  variousApril 13, 2017
LCS is a great company to work for. The executive corporate team seems to care about their employees. LCS operates senior living communities all across the country.
Productive and fun workplace
NYHR Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 3, 2016
I got great experience working with people from different, authoritative culture and ethnic background, and I have learned a lot dealing with a little conflict and getting solutions. It was really important experience.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Impossible to be accepted by authoritarian team, felt myslef outsider
Very organized and fun work place.
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 8, 2015
This work place is very fun to work at. Everyone at the office is very nice and helpful in any way they can be. They try to be fair, flexible, and make you feel like a person and not just another employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LCS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6

1.7Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight