LDMTS

Working at LDMTS: 23 Reviews

United States23 reviews

managementworkjobcompanyavailtimehelpfulgood

Decent job.

Good job if going though a tough patch in life but low pay and no benefits at all including medical, dental or vision. They also don’t take out taxes so you will have to pay those at the end of the year. Extremely nice people but getting promoted can take a while. Some of the providers and notes can be hard to track as well especially with talkative patients. So if you are hard of hearing like me certain providers you may have a difficult time with. There is text in the side but it is not always accurate. Everything is completed online and there are hardly any meetings if there is you don’t have to have the camera on.

Ldmts is where its at!

an amazing, supportive company and staff. Daily emails with check-ins and hey how are ya's, everyone is so amazing, welcoming and just all around awesome to work with.

Pros

work from home

Cons

no cons!

LDMTS insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Below poverty wages.

They pay rate is so low and the available work is not enough to make any kind of living. It’s not even enough for “fun money” if that’s all you are looking for. They are a subcontractor for Nuance which has sent most of the MT work overseas leaving mere kibble for US workers to do and get paid extremely little for. Nobody ever gave any answers to questions about volumes, just consistently claimed they weren’t sure why volume was so low.

Very low pay, but get to work at home

The pay is very, very low unless you type for a lot of hours. There is always work and the management is great. They are always friendly and helpful.

Pros

Work at home, work available

Cons

Very low pay. Pretty much minimum wage for a skilled profession.

Flexible schedule...not great pay for IC and paying your own taxes

You pretty much make what a waitress makes without any tips. No bonuses, no Christmas gifts. The hours are flexible being IC and there is always work available if you want it. You make more on weekends, but it's pennies on the dollar if that. You can't make a living at this job, but okay for retired person or stay at home parent that works at night.

Pros

Flexible, lots of work, good communication

Cons

No pay hardly at all.

Productive workplace. I was able to move up to a next level job in my career.

Great place to work. Very helpful! I was able to learn more and succeed to working in a hospital. Now I have advanced my career even further to something even better.

Flexible schedule for home/work balance

QA helpful most of the time. Wish I could work earlier shift (was promised I could switch if job became available but never offered). The management staff is helpful. Sometimes there is not enough work to reach minimum lines but that is rare.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Some QA not consistent

Excellent company to work for.

Excellent management, friendly, supportive, no stress at all. Everyone is incredibly friendly and easy going. My only complaint is that the pay is a tiny bit low.

Great company, typical low pay for industry

I absolutely love this company. The remote atmosphere is great and everyone is supportive and always willing to answer questions. Very flexible and understanding of schedule changes. My only complaint is the pay is not great but is typical for the MT industry right now. They pay what most every other employer in this industry does. So that isn’t necessarily an employer complaint as an MT industry complaint.

Pros

Flexibility, support

Cons

Low pay

Lack of communication

I greatly enjoyed working for this company up until this year. One positive thing was that when things go smoothly, there is virtually no stress involved. Most of the providers are really good, and there is (supposed to be) a wide variety of specialties. Work is performed through VDI, but once it is up and running, there are no problems with it. There are no expenses associated with working through VDI, and in general, speed is not affected. There is consistent lack of communication and lack of work available. Wages are low enough, but I also suspect dishonesty when calculating the lines. There is perpetual lack of available work. Many accounts, but jobs are barely trickling in. Company has lost one work site after another with no explanation, and there is never any warning from management; you just wake up one day to discover there is no work, so job security is nonexistent. However, you are still expected to produce your contracted lines; otherwise, your pay is docked even more.

Pros

No micromanaging.

Cons

Not enough work to be able to make any money.

employee status

Would prefer to be an employee and not an IC, otherwise it's a good place. I can log on, get my lines in and then spend time with my family. As I stated I would much prefer to be a regular employee.

It’s ok

Since the company has grown, things have gotten worse. Used to have a family atmosphere but now it feels like no one cares about anyone. They only care about the money.

Cheap wages paid once a month for demanded high dollar skills

Requiring expensive computer upgrades for an old, useless VDI system which causes nothing but headaches for the MTs with little to no tech support and what tech support you do get is from India complete with language barrier, calling you on their time to do tech support which is middle of our nighttime. Even then, the system does NOT work well at all. . Much time and money lost by the MT while installing their required patchworked, undependable VDI system. Paying us bottom cents per line wages and demanding we produce 98%+ quality skilled work, while telling you how fortunate you are to work here, such a wonderful company. Demanding you work a specific schedule, while calling you an Independent Contractor, thus skirting around employee laws and tax issues. NO THANK YOU.

Very good place to work from as times are easily adjusted.

There is always work available and i enjoy every moment. My only objection is getting paid once a month. This is an at-home job with plenty of support from managers, etc. Provisions are acceptable if you have to change your work schedule for any reason and you can make up your time if you chose.

Great company to work for

LDMTS was a wonderful place to work. They really help out their employees and care about them. If you get a chance to work for them I highly recommend them.

Management was very flexible

I was expected to work my shift, which I do not mind, but after a while, I had family issues where I am a caregiver now to my mother and needed to take time away. I would work for them again. I just had family issues and needed to resign.

One of the better choices in an unappreciated profession.

What can I say? The trend is for greedy corporations to pocket most of their profits for management and shareholders while underpaying and overworking transcriptionists, who are the very reason they make money. They make us "independent contractors" so they don't have to offer any benefits (except for management, of course). I don't see any positive changes in this type of job because there is no union (leverage) to get us a decent compensation package and the owners seem to have zero conscience, paying their workers what amounts to minimum wage for a highly specialized job where 98% or more accuracy is demanded along with unpaid clerical work because hospitals and transcription companies are too cheap to pay clerks to do this work and free the MT up to actually transcribe, which is the only thing we actually get paid for.

Pros

Work at home, set your own schedule.

Cons

No benefits, no raises ever, no incentives for people with experience, who get paid the same as beginners, unpaid clerical duties, endless, non-standardized client instructions that take up time an MT could be using to be productive.

Great management support, plenty of work

Love working here! Management is very supportive and encouraging. Love working with others and feeling like a team instead of feeling isolated like some other places. QA team is also very supportive. Workplace culture is very positive. Plenty of work available at all times.

Pros

Flexibility, low stress, plenty of work

Cons

No benefits, IC position

Excellent Company

This company gives you all the tools you need to succeed. Hours are excellent, and Management is Top Notch! There is plenty of work, if you run out. Excellent communication.

Pros

Atmosphere

Cons

Pay

Not good

Poor communication here. Frequently changes staff. The operations manager was not very responsive to my questions and like a typically unorganized MTSO, there was conflicting information about account specs, formatting, and pend protocols. Their corrective protocols are poor and slow work down. If you quit this job without giving at least 2 weeks to a 1 month's notice, they fine you. Not a good place to work.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Disorganized

Enjoyable company to work for, flexible within reason

I had a very good experience working for LDMTS. I only left because of family obligations. Management was great, helpful when I needed adjustments to my schedule. Would work for them again. Pay is about average, software easy to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LDMTS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare LDMTS with

Learn about LDMTS in popular locations

• LDMTS