LDV, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIOctober 19, 2018
I work at LDV as a Material Handler. Overall, it is a good place to work. The work is fast-paced but relaxed which is really nice. The parts department also has a great team that is always willing to help out you or anyone else. I really like the hours, 6 am to 4 pm, overtime is built in to the schedule which is awesome. I think that the pay and benefits are good and similar to other companies I have worked at. One other great perk is that there is a variety of music played rather than the same radio station every day.
Pros
hours, insurance, 401k, culture
not recommended
Builder/ Electrical (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIAugust 22, 2018
negative work environment, don't pay what your worth, very late reviews. unfriendly and very clicky group of people......................................
Great Onwers
Builder/Refurb Tech (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIMarch 6, 2018
Working for LDV can be rewarding and fun. During my time there I have met governors, Speaker of the house, Corporate executives, for various large companies, law enforcement; from secret service, army, navy, u.s. marshals, sheriffs, local, state, homeland security, numerous other fire agencies, Snap-on dealers, and other tool dealers. The owner and family are pretty awesome people.
Pros
free lunches at times, christmas luncheon, bonuses, unlimited overtime
Cons
some of the people in shop can be childish, they form groups or cliches, can be very unsocial
Innovative Workplace with Variety in Day to Day Duties
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIDecember 20, 2017
Family owned business with friendly atmosphere. Custom vehicle manufacturing allows for a something new every day. Opportunity is available to challenge yourself and grow. Understanding management that will listen to everyone's ideas in efforts to continue to grow you as an employee and grow the company through the years. I feel appreciated as an employee and am shown through many benefits and even small things like free lunches periodically and even ice cream treats on hot days. It's the little things that make employees feel at home.
Positive place and positive people
Welder and Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIDecember 18, 2017
I have worked in the fabrication shop for seven years. I can say that this company does its best to accommodate you as long as you prove your value. We build million dollar custom vehicles for great customers and they are worth taking pride in the job asked of you. This job has been rewarding as far as improving my personal problem solving. Every question I ask is answered with a positive recommendation for a solution. I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience in the few years I have been here. The benefits are good and and the free lunches now and then are often times catered and delicious! Our shop is also kept pretty clean despite how busy we are at times. I have only been laid off for one slow week in the time I've been here, and half the shop was laid off one week and the other half was laid off the following week to keep things fair. The week after that, we were back to working 45-50 hours a week and haven't stopped since. If you have a solid work ethic and are eager to learn, LDV is a great place to work!
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits
Great place to be
Team lead, Trainer, Detailer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIDecember 13, 2017
Working at LDV has its ups and downs just like any job would.
It’s is a very quick pace job and can be frantic at times when busy. Other then that it is an amazing company to be apart of. The company cares about their employees, and will help you with whatever you need.
Pros
Luncheons keep employees close and happy. Unlimited overtime.
Great place to grow
Production (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIDecember 11, 2017
Great opportunities,competitive pay, and benefits. Management and ownership that care about running a great company. The product, and workplace are fantastic. Quality and craftsmanship matter. You are rewarded based on your effort and ability. The work is fast paced, and you have to want to learn. There is a lot of teamwork, which can be challenging, but rewarding, too. I have learned ALOT, and have had great opportunities!
Pros
Very steady work, great environment, competitive pay, growth from within, impressive product, appreciative customers.
Cons
If you want to coast, this probably isn't the best place.
Terrible
Builder (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIOctober 31, 2017
Hated it since the second week I was there. No advancement. Promised raises but never got them despite the work I did. I carried the refurbishment crew while others played on their phones all day. Manager was two faced. One day he was cool, the next was whining because nothing is done because he over promised something. Not a fan of working outside in the middle of winter hanging mudflaps either. Nasty conditions, filthy shop.
Pros
Squat
Would Not Recommend
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WI 53105October 6, 2017
They don't really care about you, you are just a worker that can be easily replaced. Pay is low unless you have been there forever. Shop Managers are nice and cool but upper management could care less about any "shop guys". Not what I expected.
poor training
worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIOctober 4, 2017
training is very poor. youre expected to know how to do the job you were hired for on day one with no or very little explanation. asking for help seems like youre asking too much.

Want to know more about LDV, Inc.?

Ask a question
terrible place to work
Builder (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIMay 22, 2017
no chance for advancement. racist employees with lots of discouraging remarks. work is mind numbing and repetitive with lots of loud and terrible caustic chemicals.
Just another number
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIApril 21, 2017
I worked in the overstaffed and underfunded parts department. 6 guys doing the job that three or four could do. Management is disconnected and incompetent.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Its who you know
Great compant
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIMarch 28, 2017
Great company to work for, very safety and detail oriented. Management is very understanding to personal issues and always looking to help an employee grow personally and in the company
Pros
Good people
Cons
Pay
Great family based company to work for and grow with.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIMarch 10, 2017
I have worked for LDV for just over 6 years now. I originally came to LDV because the trade I was in very slow and it was almost impossible to find consistent work. I was working for a small company and was very good friends with the owner so I was naturally worried I would go to work for a company this size and feel like just another number. This is not the case at all. while the company has well over 200 employees it still has a family feel from the newest employee all the way to the President of the company.

I started in an entry level position and was given many opportunities (through hard work and dedication) to succeed and grow with the company. The work is interesting, the coworkers are easy to get along with, and to top it all off we get to build a pretty cool product. I would recommend this place to anyone who is willing to work hard for what they want.
Pros
Many growth opportunities and consistant work.
Fun and challenging work in a family-oriented culture
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIJanuary 26, 2017
I have worked at both large and small companies and to me, LDV is the perfect size. It is small enough that you aren’t treated as a “number” and each person has a direct impact on the success of the company. Yet large enough that there is room for advancement; in my five years here, I’ve seen employees start in entry level positions and move into Mechanical Design, Technical Service, Project Management, Supervisory positions, etc. If you are hard-working, flexible, reliable, and have a positive attitude you can turn a job into a career here.

I also love the family-oriented culture. We have summer cookouts, holiday luncheons, donut days, pizza days, and other little perks that make a big difference. We are also really involved in the Burlington community, participating in food drives, Adopt-a-Family programs, and other fund-raising events.

The work is fast-paced and ever-changing which isn’t for everybody, but those that are successful here love the fact that each day is different and you never stop learning and being challenged. It is a great feeling to be involved in building a cool, custom product that is used to do good around the country and the world!
Pros
Stability, good benefits, family-oriented culture
Big Company that understands its market
Worker (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 10, 2017
Great local company to be able to advance and improve your skills. Will take you under their wing to provide you with a a team based environment. Lots of skills can be learned here.
Poor
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIJanuary 3, 2017
Typical Day consists of 4 different bosses telling you what to do, I was taught 4 different ways to do a task and to each boss the other ways were wrong. Each of the crew leaders had a different way of doing tasks, and a different grading criteria for those tasks making it extremely difficult to perform. The management there is poor, they dont talk to their employees when there is an issue until it is too late.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Poor Management
good company to work for
crew lead/ lead builder (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIDecember 19, 2015
The day at LDV was usually busy. I learned a lot about troubleshooting and wiring 12v and 110v. The managers were very good to me I enjoy my job but some coworkers were hard to get along with not with me but other employees i get along with everyone .the hardest part for me was doing vinyl plank flooring because it takes long to do and was painfull on my back and knees
Pros
great bonuses good benafits
Cons
long days and installing fiberglass
fun place to work
general laborer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIJuly 8, 2015
i enjoyed working here. downfall not alot of help or direction. You are able to work independently. I really liked the receptionist, but HR was very rude.
Pros
doughnuts on fridays, people are friendly
Cons
not helpful for family illness
Very Productive
Parts Runner and decals (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIOctober 14, 2014
Inventory Control/Forklift Operator, Shipping & Receiving, Pick and fill orders, Preventive maintenance on man lifts and forklifts
Pros
have good experience
Cons
not enough work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LDV, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

LDV, Inc. Reviews by Location