Le Cordon Bleu

Le Cordon Bleu Employee Reviews

United States78 reviews

bleustudentculinarychefinstructorclassschooleducation

Students and other chefs were pretty awesome

Management was less than helpful. Often dropping large projects on the Instructor Chefs & students at the last minute. The amount of grading for each day for each student was over loading. Class sizes were often over class limits, space limits, and the amount of equipment in proper working order for the students. Generally, the students were great, hardworking, and open & interested in learning. As well as the other Instructor Chefs great people to work and learn with. High energy in the building.

Pros

Great students and co-workers

Great company

Great company Everybody works together as a team. They really care about the students in the development of the students they help him find great employment.

Pros

Wonderful people

Cons

Nonw

Teaching students not only culinary skills but also theory in management, sanitation and nutritional skills.

Depending on the class taught, I would set up the classroom either for lecture or lab class. When students arrived and signed in I would do a brief overview of what we would be covering that day. With lecture classes, I know the can get boring, so I tried and seceded in keeping the lectures lite, informative and entertaining. With lab class I would also briefly go over the content of the day and then demo the procedures and the products that the students would be producing that day. Then the students would break up into their groups and start their prep for the day, then start their production for the day. When their products were finished I would taste and critique their final products and give feedback on what could have been done different to improve the final result. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching the students grow in skill and confidence.

Students

Students were excited and very eager to learn. Accelerated programs in a fast pace learning environment. School culture was most often positive and energetic.

Cant believe they closed

It was a great job- great pay but they closed down. Many proprietary schools are closing but one would think a culinary college would make it in Las Vegas.

Pros

pay

Cons

closed

awesome

working for le cordon bleu was a good experience I learn many thing and met so great people that I changed there lives and if I had a chance I would do it all over again .

school closed down

great school while it lasted good for students who wanted to study to be a chef. had good work home balance and great environment to work at good benefits

Love Working There

Work was rewarding. To bad they closed the school. I taught one or two 4 hour classes, depending on the day. Students, for the most part, were great. So were the other teachers, and my immediate boss. Upper management left something to be desired. They seemed disinterested in events at the school.

Pros

Free Lunch, all the pastries you can eat. Working with like minded, and passionate people

Cons

Darn school closed

School

Le Cordon Bleu was a good school to learn culinary art. However, the tuition was over priced and upper management was concerned only about numbers. High priced

Slow paced job

While I worked at Le Cordon Bleu, I was a student as well. Balancing out work and school was never an issue due to how little hours I got. Working in the library was very slow paced and relaxed. This gave me the opportunity to work on homework and study for classes.

Business Closed

Closed Operations 2017. They are no longer in business. No one would invest in the operation. Bad business model. Too much government assisted students and too many GIs using the system for monetary benefit.

Pros

Practice culinary techniques.

Cons

Passing students that should not be part of the culinary workforce.

no all cracked up to be, wish it was

When I started, they fired the President. It was a steady stream of people out the door as well as students enrollments going down. It was a sinking ship and I didn't realize it until everyone around me either quit or was fired.

Pros

got to try all different kinds of food

Cons

students left and didn't come back, at times it was a little scary with all the fights

loved it

was sorry they closed. great school and a great place to work. interesting and fun. challenging yet inspiring. i miss all of the students and employees

great helping students achieve their dreams

Helping students with issues, all about food, and deserts. hardest part is when people do not keep their appointments. Open house was disappointing people were their mainly for the free food.

Pros

Students

Cons

open house

Volunteer

I was only a volunteer at some cooking events, but it was overall an amazing experience. People all over metro Atlanta would come to the school just to watch and learn how to prepare food.

staff bullies eachother and Dean of the school does nothing

I had to quit working at the school because I was being bullied by one of the instructors and after reporting this issue repeatedly to my supervisor I went to the dean of the school and they did nothing. No wonder the school was sold and shut down.

Great place for a Chef to expand and pass on their knowledge and love for the culinary arts.

A typical day would begin by preparing for the day's demo(s) and loading the power-point into the computer for the lecture and instruction. I would demonstrate the subjects for the day as the students took notes and asked questions. As I would demo, a lecture would also ensue. After the demo and lecture, students would prepare to practice the days demo(s). As they practiced, further individual instruction and encouragement occurred as I observed each student at their work station(s). Critiquing and grading each student's dishes was the next to the last task of the day. The final task was cleaning and sanitizing the lab. This not only included washing dishes and mopping but also getting the students in the habit of time and dating the food as well as working as a team. I learned, while teaching at Le Cordon Bleu, that as a chef, I will always be teaching, mentoring and I relished it. Outside of the classroom I worked with the other instructions to develop and modify curriculum. Organize new student orientations. I also judged high school culinary competitions. The management team, in charge of culinary, was awesome to work with. They were great in supporting each instructor with advice and teaching techniques. I had a great deal of respect for them. The support encouraged an open and collaborative culture. I believe the most challenging part of my job, at Le Cordon Bleu, was instilling work ethics into people that had weak ones. The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching then watching the students understanding and applying what they learned.

Pros

Working hours were good, the vacation time was good as well, the facility was top of the line, We were always encouraged to further educate ourselves, the benefits weren't too bad either

Cons

In order for me to pay my bills, effectively, I had to work double shifts.

Great place to be

As a school it was wonderful. The teachers were very helpful and knowledgeable. There wasn't a day when I didn't laugh or have fun, even in the very beginning.

Pros

Fun and exciting

Cons

school closed

the death of a chef

Miss management by a large company drove this iconic name into the ground. this establishment went from a pillar in culinary education and was turned into a cash cow for a company that could care less.

Fun school and job to have

I was a student first at Le Cordon Bleu before O became a student worker. I was so much fun working in the student center after classes and helping all the instructors and teachers. We decorated and made the student center comfortable for all students as well as assisted anyone who came in with questions. I had a blast working and studying at Le Cordon Bleu.

Pros

Convient

Cons

Over after graduation

Receiving clerk at le cordon bleu

A typical day at work would be to ensuring the classes got the food they needed and coordinating with chefs, making sure the orders came in correctly and putting it away. I learned a lot about the food industry, purchasing and receiving, and supply chain. LCB helped me get my Bachelor's degree in business and supply chain management so i am grateful for that. The culture was of taking care of the student and getting the job done. Hardest part of the job was monthly inventory. we did it on paper and input everything into a computer. Mos enjoyable part of the job was being able to help contribute to the education of student.

Pros

excited students sharing success

Cons

inventory

Common questions about Le Cordon Bleu

Answered by current and former employees at Le Cordon Bleu

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Le Cordon Bleu. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight
  • Le Cordon Bleu
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?