Le Moyne College Employee Reviews

Collaborative work environment
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 5, 2018
Tutoring at Le Moyne is a great opportunity to gain some experience in teaching and instruction, and it is a great way for students to pick up some extra cash on campus.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Low number of hours
student and employee
Switchboard operator/Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 22, 2017
I worked at Le Moyne while I was a student and then was an employee who was taking courses at the college. As switchboard operator/security dispatcher, I came in contact with many people, students, parents, teacher and guests alike. As a whole, the college was a friendly and rewarding place to work as both a student and employee.
great school
PA Student (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 17, 2017
This is a great school to get your physician assistant degree. The staff and faculty is great and willing to help you achieve your best. Couldn't recommend more.
The communications department has some definite dead weights
Community Relations and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 10, 2017
There are a number of professors in the department in which i worked (communications) who do little to no work, and are not good at serving others. My manager was divisive and undermining towards the chair of the department, and encouraged negative speech and poor attitudes in the workplace. The position was great for being a student, but her management was atrocious.
Wonderful place to study and to work!!!
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 8, 2017
This is a wonderful place to be a student and to be and employee. Great people and wonderful campus. So many opportunities and wonderful things to do and enjoy.
Pros
Amazing place.
Cons
Short term assignment.
Productive Place , good people , Flexible with student life.
Student ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 4, 2016
The School is very good with helping student balance work and school life. The management is very open minded and understanding.
Pros
Free Lunch
Productive and Inclusive Community
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 15, 2016
Student community outreach is at great potential at Le Moyne College. Faculty and staff really care about students to ensure a safe learning environment.
Friendly environment filled with thought provoking individuals
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 6, 2016
Worked with staff in the science department to come up with research questions and methods to address them. Presented research and findings at many events on campus and across New York State.
Excellent Place to Work
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Le Moyne College is a WONDERFUL place to work! Great people, great benefits and wonderful students.
The experience of working with so much diversity at Le Moyne College has helped me to face the challenges of almost any institution or company.
Faculty Secretary (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 25, 2014
At Le Moyne College, I wore multiple hats. I was secretary for the Special Assistant to the President until he passed away in the early 90's. His work also involved Provost and Campus Ministry Director where I became a part of those positions also.

Working with faculty I worked for departments of English, History, Political Science, Economics, Accounting, Peace and Global Studies, Religion, Math, Biology, Chemistry and Environmental Science.

The variety of jobs and locations kept me moving and I was flexible for the many changes necessary on campus.
Pros
Variety of work and people to work with.
Cons
Down times on campus were challenging to me.
Relaxed Environment
Work Study: Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 28, 2014
Very low effort needed to excel in the workplace. Typical Work-Study atmosphere, where students do the majority of the work needed.
Fantastic Atmosphere
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 15, 2014
As an RA, I have the opportunity to work with over 100 different students in my area, every year. I plan events to ease the stress of college life for my residences, and I work duty shifts to ensure the safety and well being of all of my residences. I would have to say that being an RA is as rewarding as being a teacher because I provide alot of one-on-one support for my residences that are seeking an ear to listen to what troubles them. There are many times I have sat down with a single resident and talked them through a personal issue that plagued their minds - guiding them to a resolution.
Pros
Work at a personal level with students to help them succeed in college
Cons
Not all students are receptive of help, and avoid assistance despite efforts.
Athletic Department
Basketball Camp Counselor and Coach (Former Employee) –  Syracuse NYFebruary 11, 2014
Worked at many athletic events that Le Moyne had to offer, Rather it be selling tickets at the door or running the shot clock.
Good Environment
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Le Moyne is a good, fun environment to work in. I enjoyed all the staff in the department where I interned. Even though I was not a regular, full time employee, I was treated as an equal, not an intern.
Best College in Syracuse
Communications Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 6, 2013
LeMoyne has so much to offer any student who attends. Their classes are small so the professors are more "hands on" and you can certainly learn more in an in-depth discussion.
Easy college job
Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 25, 2013
The typical day of work at the library consists of lots of books and some homework as well. I learned that customer service is key and a smile always helps. The management team was excellent. The hardest part of the job was being asked a question I might not be able to answer, though there were other departments in the library to direct a question to. The most enjoyable part of this job was that it was lackadaisical and sometimes fun.
Pros
fun and easy
Cons
slow and sometimes tedious
Biology & Education Major
TEACHING ASSOCIATE/STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 26, 2013
Attended Le Moyne for two years to complete my Bachelors degree in Biology (major) and a minor in Secondary Education.
A family oriented place to work with wonderful benefits.
Senior Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse NYJanuary 9, 2012
Le Moyne College is more than a place of employment....it is a family! The environment was safe, secure, and a delightful place to work. As an employee we were also mentors to our students. It was uplifting to be around the students.
Pros
educational benefits, health and dental plans, holidays and environment
Cons
mascot costume was cumbersome