Le Pain Quotidien Employee Reviews

No overtime or benefits
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2019
I wouldn't recommend working here at all. If you can do better, then do so. But for first time job seekers or those with minimal skills, it's a good place to start.
The place was effective and fun as an IT.
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2019
There is a great place to work with people.I Enjoyed the freedom of working without Micro Managing. Employees and Team members easy to get along and work with. Higher ups motivate employees to do their best and beyond
Don’t plan on growing there
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2019
It’s a good temp job but the management is poor no real organization communication could be a lot better they need to hire qualified managers to lead the team
Poor management
n/a (Former Employee) –  Support CenterJuly 16, 2019
No support from upper management. There is continuous pressure to support the field when they cannot support themselves. Constant hiring of department heads but no leaders. You can never get a decision from anybody. There is a revolving door of people. Because they hire more and more department head, they always give you more work without the compensation. Also feels like they really only "hear" white men even though they try to act like they are an inclusive work place.
Good place to work.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJuly 11, 2019
Management needs a little bit work. The front of the house needs more work. And for the back of the house needs to improve more too. Overall, the whole restaurant needs improvement
If you like being stressed and lied to apply here
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2019
High turnover for employees and upper management. Upper managers lie to you constantly and some are very rude. Store Management EXTREMELY unprofessional instead of trying to work with you they would rather sweep it under the rug and if you go above there heads they transfer you to slower stores so it will be hard for you to make money. Wasn’t always like this it used to be a really good company but now DONT EVEN BOTHER
Pros
Tip (only as a server at decent or busy store)
Cons
Everything else
Horrible.
Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2019
I had a coworker who was physically bumping me, touching me, hitting me with restaurant objects, and they allowed her to keep her job and moved me to a different location.
Pros
Tips.
Cons
Everything.
Productive and Great place to learn Responsibility
Line cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2019
Working at Le Pain Quotidien showed me how to manage time between school and work and is a great experience for young people looking for work. It is a great productive place to learn responsibility.
Pros
Good pay for college student
Cons
Short break
bias
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 13, 2019
the management does not have a great culture. Some individuals receive promotions and perks and some just don't. It does not allow all employees to develop their full potential because they are not valued.
Le Pain Quotidien
COOK (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2019
I enjoyed being a cook at Le Pain Quotidien but I didn't get enough hours to support my living arrangement. The work environment was very busy but the staff in the kitchen worked together to get things done the most stress less why.
They don’t care about their employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYApril 20, 2019
I thought I was put in a position to make a difference. When it came down to hard decisions, they were scared to get rid of the underperforming and unmotivated employees that brought moral down. The store could have been a cash cow but they would not allow management to put aces in places. Their managers have no idea how to run a store. They never talked to guests. They never were a solution, they were always part of the problem. I would never recommend anyone to work for this company. They don’t pay well, the company cares more about sales (lack thereof) than the people who work for them. You will miss all holidays with your family to make a few bucks for the store. They are down millions of dollars as a company that they will never bounce back from. Broken promises from every executive you cross paths with. They thrive on the gossip instead of getting rid and building a better culture. Not the kind of people I want to work for nor would I recommend.
Pros
Food is great
Cons
No holidays off, low salary for invested time, executives are not businessmen
turn for the worst
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 17, 2019
While working there we went through many general mangers. The last one was duplicitous person. She smile and told you positive things in your face while trying to cover up write up and pushes blame on employees.
Worst job I have ever held
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Broad streetApril 15, 2019
This is hands down the worst company I have ever worked for. When I finally quit, I was working over 70 hours a week... salaried. Little to no support from district management. Arriving at the restaurant at 3am to make sure the deliveries were out on time. Nor nearly enough staff and not allowed to hire anyone. Meager pay, no support, stressful environment. It's a good place to get your feet wet but beyond that I would recommend staying far away from this place
I loved it but no hours
Cook/retailer/barista (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2019
A manager over hired a dozen of people and effected up the people that has been working there. Now we all barely had 2 days out of 7 days. I quit in 2
Pros
Tips
Cons
No healthcare, free meals or nothing
Fine work environment
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2019
Le Pain Quotidien is an organic communal fast paced sit down style restaurant where ones meal is made to order. Friendly, courteous staff and management. Enjoy!
Amazing company
Barista (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 5, 2019
My favorite job so far, everyone is so nice and friendly. It’s definitely a great place to work, you have lots of responsibilities but lots of help, you’re never alone!
Loved this restaurant
Retailer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2019
I absolutely love this restaurant and this job. I was mostly at the main counter/register. We would take to-go orders and make to-go espresso drinks. We would also make sure the pastries looked nice and would clean the guest seating area.
Pros
Discount, food and drink
its ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2019
taking customers
counting draw
management is cool
diverse workplace
dealing with customers attitude when your trying to help them the best way you could
talking with coworkers and cleaning to go home
Fast pace workplace
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2019
Its a great company, however they have a poor management.
basically the longer you are you get the shifts you want. at the location i worked, the senior servers get away with everything and get the shifts they want.
poor
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 6, 2019
job was hectic , environment was a little petty and some of the staff were not as friendly or welcoming. the customer demographic was challenging as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Le Pain Quotidien. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight