Le Pain Quotidien Culture reviews

Crumbling from within with the wrong leadership at the highest levels.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2019
Crumbling from within with the wrong leadership at the highest levels. No culture, no training procedures in place. Everything is behind schedule but you are expected to operate at the highest levels. Your expected to forgive their short comings but don’t you ever make a mistake, you’ll be held “accountable”. “Mandatory” “un aceptable” “immediately” are the phrases you’ll hear daily.
Cons
Unprofessional upper management
In the past this was a great place to work
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2019
Once things in corporate changed the company lost it moral and culture of simplicity. When I first started working here it was a company that made you feel like family.
The place was effective and fun as an IT.
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2019
There is a great place to work with people.I Enjoyed the freedom of working without Micro Managing. Employees and Team members easy to get along and work with. Higher ups motivate employees to do their best and beyond
bias
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 13, 2019
the management does not have a great culture. Some individuals receive promotions and perks and some just don't. It does not allow all employees to develop their full potential because they are not valued.
They don’t care about their employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYApril 20, 2019
I thought I was put in a position to make a difference. When it came down to hard decisions, they were scared to get rid of the underperforming and unmotivated employees that brought moral down. The store could have been a cash cow but they would not allow management to put aces in places. Their managers have no idea how to run a store. They never talked to guests. They never were a solution, they were always part of the problem. I would never recommend anyone to work for this company. They don’t pay well, the company cares more about sales (lack thereof) than the people who work for them. You will miss all holidays with your family to make a few bucks for the store. They are down millions of dollars as a company that they will never bounce back from. Broken promises from every executive you cross paths with. They thrive on the gossip instead of getting rid and building a better culture. Not the kind of people I want to work for nor would I recommend.
Pros
Food is great
Cons
No holidays off, low salary for invested time, executives are not businessmen
Amazing company
Barista (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 5, 2019
My favorite job so far, everyone is so nice and friendly. It’s definitely a great place to work, you have lots of responsibilities but lots of help, you’re never alone!
Competitive and Quick-paced.
Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 13, 2018
Typical day is just like any other server job, and the enviroment of dc always brings customers. There are rarely every any slow days, just some slow evenings.
Pros
Great Management, Great Location
Cons
Its hard work, with good tips.
Full of culture and class , if you can handle the stress.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 10, 2018
Le Pain Quotidien goes through great lengths to teach you their culture and standards . Management was friendly and often helpful when possible. However , high standards + high volume + highly understaffed crew = high stress.
Pros
Free Lunches, Discounts
Cons
Under Staffing, High Volume
Great starting point
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2018
Lovely introduction to corporate culture, lots of training available. The company was undergoing radical changes when I left so who knows what it's like years later. Overall pleasant experience.
it was okay
Barista (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CTNovember 15, 2018
i loved working there, until i was always put down by one of the mangers. i loved making drinks and the customers where very nice, i had my regulars and knew there drinks by heart. they all loved me, i really loved my co-workers they were so kind and friendly.
Very fun & fast paced workplace.
Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 8, 2018
I love, love, loved working here! I also learned a lot while working there as far as different, healthier diet & lifestyle. I would recommend this company to anyone who loves to meet people and can take a little heat
In with it
Barista (Former Employee) –  Tribeca, NYAugust 23, 2018
They had very nice service and staff also the food was delicious the area was pretty nice and the people are very friendly I would recommend a lot people to work there
LPQ Great Concept
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2018
Awesome concept with amazing food. High end health food is definitely worth the price. As far as the management it’s lackikg at corporate level/ uppper levels. Strenuous budget expectations, and lack of resources. There definitely seems to be some sort of bias as it pertains to promotions. With that being said its understandable to hire and promote individuals that align with your brand, but LPQ seems to be treading the fine line between discrimination and being selective. This company has great structure as it pretians to operations, training is simple and effective. The culture amount management is very political rather than practical and fair.
Pros
Bonus are great if you manage to hit all the check points
Cons
Unfair hiring/ promotions
Fast and clean work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 24, 2018
Working for Le pein was fun fast paced competitive and challenging with well trained staff that made sure everything and everyone was on point and aware at the task at hand.
Productivity
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
Good environment to grow,but it is not the job culture is not followed.The hardest part in the job is to find employees.The most enjoyable part was to work with different people of culture.
Productive and fun workplace
Barista/Retailer (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMay 15, 2018
A typical day is preparing drinks such as coffees, lattes, and smoothies. I've learned how to multi-task and make cappuccino's. Management is great very helpful when needed. The workplace culture, I would say, is warm and cozy. A nice place to come and read, do some work, or have a small meeting. The hardest part was making multiple drinks at once. The most enjoyable is satisfying the guests.
Pros
Discounts on lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced environment
Service Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYApril 17, 2018
During the amount of time that I was here, the restaurant was always understaffed so it would get stressful on busy days (mostly the weekend) due to it being a fast-paced job. The pay was good, higher management was bad, it was a very disorganized store and there was no communication between everyone to keep the store running smoothly. A lot of gossip with the employees, no one really put in a huge effort to work as a consecutive team. The brand and the culture of the place is great and a great environment to work in if it didn't run so poorly. It's in a bad location this restaurant for it's demographic so it would be slow on most days, but overall it's a great place to grow if the restaurant business is something you want to be in.
Pros
Free lunch as you move up in position
Cons
low hours on slow weeks.
Poor management
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYFebruary 18, 2018
Work was great and ideal balance of work culture and life. management on the other hand was not productive at all nor was supportive in growing up the career ladder.
Serious need of replacing our "leaders"
Pros
Lunch
Cons
no time for lunch
Amazing place to work
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 13, 2018
Great family like atmosphere amongst staff
Wonderful food and great restaurant culture
I love the story behind the communal and the fact that the managers listen to what you have to say and are on the floor with you
Pros
Healthy food that's delicious
Cons
Fussy guest
I dont want to comment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
My experience was exceptional and doesn't apply on all positions available at the company. I'm sure it's a great place to work if your profile matches with the company culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Le Pain Quotidien. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight