Le Pain Quotidien Employee Reviews

Poor management
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYFebruary 18, 2018
Work was great and ideal balance of work culture and life. management on the other hand was not productive at all nor was supportive in growing up the career ladder.
Serious need of replacing our "leaders"
Pros
Lunch
Cons
no time for lunch
Great food
Assistant General Manager/ Server (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 14, 2018
Rewarding to see people enjoy great food, A good balance of busy and slow moments. Great training tools and management, easy to learn, very hands on training
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
A little far
Tough environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
A lot of false promises. Upper management was not interested in development of mid management. Long hours and if help needed you are on a lonely island.
Great Coworkers Poor Upper Management
SERVER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
The management in this company is terrible. Some service managers and AGM's are fine but once it gets up to the top they are rude, unprofessional, demeaning, and completely out of touch with reality.
server
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 5, 2018
This is a great company to work for. I was able to get hired immediately for a seasonal position they were offering. I made good money and my co workers where great people
Below average
Server|Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2018
a typical day at work included opening the store and taking all the chairs off the tables, wiping everything down and setting the dining room up for breakfast. served guests and made beverages including coffees, alcoholic beverages, wines, lattes and espressos. most enjoyable part of the job was the loyal guests. the hardest part was dealing with the management. they were racist and rude.
enjoyable
Team Member (Intern) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
This company to a sealed place to watch the baker mix and and form bread. it's a peace full place to. I enjoyed my time there. if anybody love baking or cooking this is the place for you
Pros
discounts
Cons
less breaks
GOOd place
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
It was a good place to work , and I very much enjoyed it . I plan on working with them when I build my own franchise because there food and hospitality is amazing.
It is a fast pace business and fun to work
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  550 HudsonJanuary 22, 2018
I have work for le pain for some time and learned so much. And the ppl I've work with are great to work with. The company it's self, has so much to offer. I would recommend this job to Donald Trump.. Himself!
Amazing place to work
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 13, 2018
Great family like atmosphere amongst staff
Wonderful food and great restaurant culture
I love the story behind the communal and the fact that the managers listen to what you have to say and are on the floor with you
Pros
Healthy food that's delicious
Cons
Fussy guest
I dont want to comment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
My experience was exceptional and doesn't apply on all positions available at the company. I'm sure it's a great place to work if your profile matches with the company culture.
Fun, Advancement, easy commute , wide food chain
Head Role Cook (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2018
I actually enjoyed this job the most. My boss was very understanding whenever it came to my kids. the job alone has plenty of room for growth. You gain experience for every role . this job is very beneficial for someone who likes to keep busy and learn fast. the servers get paid the most depending on your location.
Working at Le Pain Quotidien
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2017
My experience in this store has been very different from the previous jobs I have worked before. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. I have made friends as well as networked with my fellow coworkers. This store is a very family oriented place with a warm environment for not only employees but for their customers as well. I have grown and learned a lot from the company and had the honor to receive a new experience as a server. I have learned more about customer service and greeting and getting to know how to interact with different people and work well with others.
Pros
Discounts for Employees, Great Food, Friendly Staff, Flexible working hours.
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Hygiene, and unorganized environment to work in.
Great food
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 25, 2017
At LPQ I learned about framed fresh organic ingredients that supported the quality of the brand that was also nourishing and delicious. The breakfast menu includes a range of organic breads, pastries, eggs, yogurt, organic coffee and teas. For lunch, our handmade organic wheat bread serves as the base for our signature tartines, and the perfect accompaniment to our soups, salads and quiches. Many of our menu items are vegetarian and vegan. Takeaway and catering menus offer fresh Le Pain Quotidien products to enjoy at home, offices or at events.
Pros
Great opportunity for growth with the company
Cons
at the end of the day your only as good as yesterdays numbers
Not a great place to grow
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 19, 2017
The job doesn't demand a lot. The workers are fun and helpful. Management was pretty cool and uplifting. The kitchen is entirely too small. The main problem at the job is that there is no room for growth.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No room for growth
Agm
Acting General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYDecember 10, 2017
A typical day for work for me started usually at 6 am - and didnt end until 6pm or until closing. i was the only support my team had. Ive learned that for the most part as long as you have a strong team, as a leader you are able to support and uplift the moral of the whole environment. For the most part , there was a different corporate leader every other month. starting from scratch over and over and over again, with no progression. The guests that came into the restaurant was always pleasing and enjoyable.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor upper management
Great pay as a Server, but stressful work environment
Server/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 28, 2017
Typical day as a server includes Greeting guest, taking orders, running your own food, bussing your own tables and making your own drinks and the end of the day cleaning bathrooms and taking out garbage. A lot of regulars, guest tip very well so there's money to be made on the floor however the job requires much more than any other serving job. If you don't mind getting paid 7.25 for high maintenance job then this is the job for you. Most enjoyable part of the job is the guest, they are mostly regulars so you get to know them pretty well. In terms of benefits all you really get is 50% of really expense food so either way you're still paying way too much for an Avocado toast. If I could give management 0 stars I would. Manager is always screaming to the top of her lungs and degrades workers but the staff learns to not take it personal. However overall if you don't mind being stress, its not too bad an there's money to be made.
Pros
Guaranteed 40 hours, Closing is at 8
Cons
Short breaks, 50% off really expensive food, Long days, Always understaffed
place is nice
Counter/ Waitress (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2017
working at a French restaurant opens your mind to new things about how thy celebrate or even enjoy their meals everyday. but I learned about the different ways they like their coffees
Working at LePain
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 17, 2017
AMAZING FOOD! Customers are rude but you just have to take it. Days are slow because it is in the corner of the mall. great place to start in the restaurant business.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Dont make a lot of money
Complete replacement of all managers and supervisors at least once in 2 years.
Porter/Prep Person (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 13, 2017
Daily duties included keeping dish area clean. To keep restrooms stocked. Throwing away trash. Prepping recipes. Bussed dining room. Some stocking and request for new supplies.
Pros
Small restaurant. Descent closing time.
Cons
Very little room for working, Lack of change or communication from management, Long hours, No schedule for pay increase

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Le Pain Quotidien. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight