Le Sueur Inc. Employee Reviews

Great work place, wish i never left
Plastics Operator (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNJuly 25, 2018
We would be talked to before work would start to give us our stations. we would work our stations until we either were done and had to be moved or if we needed to be at a different station they would switch us up. If there was nothing for anyone to do we would either clean or help out other employees with their job if they needed help with it.
Pros
Worked with great people and the job was easy going
Cons
poor pay
Productive and fast paced environment
Automation Technician (Current Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNJune 27, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Fast paced 10 hour days 4 days a week with overtime fridays. Good crew to work with, management could be better feel like they drop the ball on a lot of commitments. Wages are getting better in certain departments, just not in all departments.
Hot and sucks
Perm mold prep (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNMarch 21, 2018
If you like to work in 100 degree or more climate all summer and profusely sweat for $18 an hour this is a job for you. When its humid its twice as bad.
good people, hard workers
Plastics counts (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNFebruary 13, 2018
Have enjoyed my time there, people are great, work can be hard, but having the right mind set can make the difference they keep you busy and the pay is descent depending on what your job entails.
Pros
healthcare benefit, 401k, people, location
Cons
can get hot, can get pretty busy but that just means overtime
Not perfect but what job is?
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNJanuary 28, 2018
Still work here. This company does not look like it is going anywhere soon. I an personally amazed on how the company has grown since 2004. Cleaner, cooler, easy money, safer by 70% but always improving. When I started in 2004 it was like a maze to get to my work station till 2006. 2006 till 2009 they were working on both air quality and cooling in the summer. I went to try other jobs in 2009 that worked around my school schedule and came back in 2016 now to pay my loans off and hopefully advance in the company. I was amazed on how open the department's are and organized.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Depends on department, some manegers sound crabby while others are nice. Thats every job.
Do yourself a favor...look else where!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNJanuary 6, 2018
Pay for the working conditions do not match This company does not follow industry standards for this type of work. You have to do 50 hrs a week to have a livable salary. Also promised raises never materialize. Nobody stays here either...management does not treat you well! Look elsewhere. Seriously!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, management
is what it is I do not speak bad about past employers
CNC Technician (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNJanuary 3, 2018
It is what it is and I do not like to speak bad about past employers I enjoyed the type of work I did and got along with my supervisor the benefits were acceptable but most other aspects of the job we’re not up to par.
You can learn even at a starting level with the right supervisor, safety is number one there, good working enviornment, always looking to improve.
Plastics Operator (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNOctober 8, 2017
I always got there early, we had lay over periods to make sure everyone got their packaging before working the job.
We made sure we read instructions if we didn't know the job, and check them. Took over twenty minutes later, the supervisor helped us if we needed anything.
It was calm, but hectic if we had orders to catch up on.
I enjoyed meeting new people, and my supervisor.
Some jobs were harder than others, but we made sure to do them.
I hope all supervisors could be like mine with always giving their new employees a chance to learn!
Pros
Helping, safe, productive, makes sure you have what you need.
Cons
Hardly any breaks
Le Sueur Incorporated
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNJune 16, 2017
Le Sueur Incorporated has good work quality over quantity. When I was there, everyone was required to do quality that would satisfy our customers. In fact, Le Sueur Incorporated was a good place to work because it valued its workers very much.
June 19, 2017

Thank you so much for your time worked at LSI and for the generous comments. We are a bit confused because you shared awesome comments about us such as Le Sueur Inc. is a "good place to work" and that we value our workers but then only gave us two stars? Would you mind considering increasing the numbers of stars you rated us and give us 5 stars instead? Because if your comments are true, then this really seems like a five star review.

LSI HR Director

Hard Working Family Owned Manufacturing
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNMay 2, 2016
Pouring molten aluminum parts is hard heavy and hot work. The good news is that the aluminum division pays better than other companies in the area and has great benefits.

The company culture has improved in the last few years as have many co-workers attitudes. The management works hard to encourage employees ideas and has put in place over 5000 employee improvement projects since 2010. In many ways I have really found a family here that cares about each other and like most families we aren't perfect.

The normal work week is 4 -10 hour days per week plus several Friday's per month of overtime. Add this overtime to the good compensation and LSI is a place to work hard and get paid well for it.

Hardest part of the job for some people can be doing the same thing all day, but there is opportunity to move around from time to time as well as the ability transfer and advance your career. For employees with good attitudes and in key positions, LSI even helps with college tuition.
Pros
Great benefits and great pay
Cons
Hard work
December 5, 2016

Thank you for the generous comments. As of November 2016, LSI celebrated that we have now implemented over 10,000 employee ideas!

In today's work world it is hard to believe that there are companies where someone can come and find a place to belong and to grow in their career. LSI is that place for many of us. We remain family owned (3rd generation) and I think this is the magic sauce that makes working at LSI so different from other companies. LSI has a culture based on respect for our staff and that respect is reflected back toward the ownership.

HR Director

Slow work conditions with unorganized management
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNNovember 13, 2015
The company hired way too many people so there was/is not enough work for everyone to do. I literally cleaned the floor for like 8 hours straight 2 times a week. The rest of the company is fine, but the machining department specifically is bad.
Cons
Short breaks, smelly, dirty
December 5, 2016

Thank you for your comments and for the time you worked at LSI.

2015 was an extraordinarily busy and successful year for LSI, including the machining department. Many employees worked significant overtime or followed the workload by working in other departments in order to ensure LSI hit the delivery dates needed by our customers.

We are very proud of our machining department and the way the team there works together to keep it incredibly clean. We have people like you to thank who keep LSI clean for the rest of us.

- HR Director

good pay,lots of brown nosers.
pm operator (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNNovember 12, 2015
this place is only good for a paycheck,they preach safety first but it's just a front supervisors only care about themselves not their crew.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
horrible management
December 5, 2016

Thank you for your comments. LSI takes safety very seriously. Managers, supervisors and employees work hard to ensure their co-workers go home uninjured at the end of each day. As a foundry in 2015 we were substantially safer than the industry average.

In the spirit of continuous improvement, LSI continues to listen to employee feedback and to find many ways to improve safety. By employees and supervisors engaging a "Safety First" attitude, 2016 has been a remarkably safe year.

If you would like to provide feedback about your particular situation, please let us know.
- LSI Safety Team

A good place to work
Molder/Furnace Tender (Current Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNOctober 13, 2015
its a good work place to work, the hours are very good. there is always a chance to advance in the company. they inform you at all times what is happening in the company
Pros
good work environment
Cons
its really hot
December 5, 2016

Thank you for your encouraging feedback. Every quarter, LSI has company-wide meetings with the President of LSI to ensure everyone is informed and to create a town hall level of two-way communication.

On the foundry side of LSI, it is hot work, especially in the middle of summer. We work to ensure a safe work environment with a program that extends break times on hot days and we have shut down operations when it becomes too hot as well. LSI also provides cooling vests . All of this helps but there can be a couple of weeks each summer that can be a challenge.

LSI HR Team

descent work enviroment
Mold Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNJanuary 21, 2015
When you work that day most of the time will fly by but some days it just drags by. I have learn to put up with some of the most difficult people and machines working here. Management can be mean like expect to much out of the employees and not really understand when you have problems at home. For the most part the co-workers are good they are really friendly. The hardest part is dealing with machines having problems and them not getting fixed tell they break. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with there they are really friendly.
Pros
only having to work 4 days
Cons
the work enviorment
fast past
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNDecember 3, 2014
a typical day at work is high paced and busy with fun people to work with your involved with management daily and at times can be difficult do to management not being crossed trained so your asked to do things in a way your not allowed to do them because they don't know that. material position is extremely physical.
Pros
fast paced, every day is diffrent to a point
Cons
poor crosss training in management, management takes alot of time off
A family run manufacturing plant with strong values.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNMay 15, 2013
An overall high paying manufacturing plant procuring aluminum and plastic castings for many high end industries. It was a great place to learn how to manage employees in a fast paced, challenging environment. I enjoyed managing the 20+ employees under my direction at any given time. The hardest part of my job was working on the night shift. I would have enjoyed my position more if it were on the day shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and managing my employees. They always had interesting and brilliant ideas and thoughts to make the job better.
Very productive atmosphere. I always felt like I was part of the team.
CAD Management Engineer (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNMarch 11, 2013
This company does a very good job of making everyone involved in a project feel like they have an important role to play. This promotes good work ethics.
Nice work environment
Electrical/Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNNovember 14, 2012
Working with plc's to trouble shoot problems as well as programing
Pros
learning new techniques
Cons
lack of planning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Le Sueur Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about