Leaders Moving & Storage Company Employee Reviews

not a good place to work at all
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 7, 2018
They feed you breakfast and then try and make you work harder not claiming thats why they do it.......I would not recommend this company to no one unless they like to be slaved they bird feed you in order to make you think they care but will fire you in a heart beat for reasons like rates dont matter how hard you work...They pretty much use you....Try working here and you will find out for your self I will never work for a moving place again they lie to you about the time and 6 hr job can turn into a 12 hr job easy.Dont be teased by the pretty lady in office this job is back breaking low pay unless its summer and then you work so much you cant focus on the job your that warn out.......Go else were to make your living
Pros
Tips
Cons
There not honest at all
Terrible experience
Driver/Crew Foreman (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 2, 2018
Leaders Moving was an overall terrible experience. They treat employees like numbers. Everyone is disposable no matter what. The employees are overworked physically and mentally for at least 15 hours a day/ 6 days a week. Absolutely awful place to work for.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great Salary, Poor Leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Leadership fails to conduct adequate training on process. There is no discipline measure for destroying customers household property, no accountability process.
Not good place
Mover (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiSeptember 5, 2018
Cincinnati managers are pieces of and lazy. Dont care about employees they will mess with ur money and every check will be wrong. U will work long hard hours with one person when the job should have 4 people. U will work with people that dont care about the job or even know how to move because they hire anyone just to have a body..they dont care about customers
Work for 10 hours
Mover (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
The night before you call a phone number and they tell you if you're scheduled for the next day. If you are, you get there at 6 AM and get ready to be deployed to your job. You work for 6-10 hours, depending on how quick you are and how big the house is. You work with one other person.
Fast paced and long hours
Mover (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 4, 2018
This job is not for lazy folks so get ready to work like i did. You work in all kinds of weather and may have to sit and wait sometimes. Moving a lot of heavy stuff as well
Pros
Good pay for longer hours of work and drivers
Cons
unknown work times sometimes
Idk
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2018
Leaders overall was a nice place to work. I didn’t really get along with my co workers because we had different interests. But my manager was really nice and understanding.
Great Company
Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2018
Worked there for a few years. Definitely a team atmosphere and gained many friends. The company promoted relationships and always did things for us such as breakfast and offered incentives for good work. Sometimes we would get back and they would have the grill going. They always supplied breakfast on Fridays but would also have things like oatmeal for the guys everyday. Pretty good when you are in a rush in the mornings. They cared and it showed. I was able to speak to managers and even the owners anytime I wanted and sometimes just to get advice. All the management were promoted from mover positions and sometimes they would go out with us. We like being able to work the boss. It made it fun and let us know they were willing to do what we do. The job itself can be hard. Must be in descent shape or plan on getting in shape....lol. Customers are nice and appreciative. They tip well and I furnished my apartment with really nice furniture that I got from moves. Feels good to know your helping people and getting paid at the same time.
Pros
Good people to work for
Cons
Hot summer days
Heading Downhill
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 14, 2018
I was the 7th person to leave or spontaneously be fired by the company within about a 6 month period. In almost every instance there was zero communication internally regarding the absence of these individuals.

Recently the COO was let go due to cost cutting and there is very little direction within the company.

The owners initially intended to separate themselves from the day to day business but having let go of internal leadership, they are now at the helm. When they decide to show up at the office they offer little communication or direction but are expecting complete autonomy from their employees... and presumably mind reading.

They've had an issue keeping movers on staff due to poor conditions and lack of sufficient benefits. This started to show with a steep reduction in quality and drop in sales.

Sales have dropped considerably even while the housing market continued to improve (IE. more people still moving) due to a drop in capacity from lack of movers and marketing. This year they started down about 30% in revenue over the previous year. As of my departure there was no clear resolution for these issues.

In the last 6 months, none of the individuals who left or were fired have been replaced. Including the entire marketing department and Chief Operating Officer.
Pros
Limited oversight.
Cons
See review.
Straight Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 26, 2017
Understanding, fun, fast pace, great company to work for, decent trucks to drive, great hours, great pay, family oriented, they give u bonuses for doing good on the job and how many moves u have under ur belt
Fast paced job have to be ready for everything in the moving business.
DOT. Certified Driver/Mover (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 8, 2017
Not everyone is built to be a mover. It takes a certain type of individual to work in this field. This is a physical demanding job. If you don't take care of your body you will pay the price.I would recommend this type of work for young men and women . This job will change your life in good ways by staying fit building relationships with your co workers and clients. Builds respect and honor.
Pros
Daily crew meetings. Crew reconigtion. Bonuses.Family orientated.
Cons
Missing out on family events due to long hours. But over all great place to work. Hardly any cons.
If you like getting stronger this is for you!!
Furniture Mover (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2017
I worked seasonal/part time.
I was learning the different positions you could turn a piece of furniture to fit it through a doorway or hall and how to load items on a truck. You may think there is no way something can fit only to find out it can if you learn how to do it right.
I learned teamwork as most of it is done by two people and you must heavily rely on your teammate to not only carry the furniture but to not damage anything.
Its hard work no doubt but i liked the challenge and the money was good.
This was my first job ever and being seasonal I was mostly needed on Saturdays in the summer.
Hardest thing was sometimes jobs took longer than expected.
Pros
Good pay & you get stronger
Cons
Jobs sometimes took longer than expected
60+ hours weekly
Mover/Driver/Crew Foreman (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2017
As a single person needing a lot or work and doesn't require much time off, leaders is an excellent company to work for as advancement is easy. However, being a parent and new home owner leaves little to be desired and not much home time if at all.
Pros
Quick advancement, breakfast every Friday, managers do best to work with you
Cons
No home time, long hours (60-70+ weekly), not family time friendly
Leaders
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of everyone folding the pads on the truck and making sure you have the amount of correct pads bungee cords if needed dolly,bubble wrap, and 150 storage pads and put them on the truck. what ive learned from working at leaders was how to communicate more because there will been a time where u and whoever you are working with are picking a 2 man piece and if you and him both are on 2nd floor have to pick up a 450 armoire vard
dresser and if neither of you guys are communicating then someone gonna get hurt if they dont have grip. The hardest part of the job was picking a piano which took the whole team from the company to lift up. it was hard because after you used all of your energy and youre left with 4 heavy items and u lose all your energy and then your tired u cant work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to travel outside places you never been. Working there i have traveled to kentucky, indiana, coloumbus, dwntwn cincinnati like every trip was a fun adventure for me i enjoyed the work. the people where nice there as well it was a fun environment and great workplace to explore and work out in.
Fun, great place of business.
Mover (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2017
I loved working here because this is truly a mans job. Everything about this job was great. From the staff, employees, even the customers tipped us or fed us when they could.
Pros
Tips and free food
Cons
Too far out, no reliable transportation
Fun people to work with
Packer/mover (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Either packing household or commercial goods
Moving household or commercial goods
The hardest part of the job is moving heavy or odd goods
My most enjoyably part of the job is being somewhere new everyday and seeing new things daily
Pros
Possible tips, possible free lunch from customers, health benefits, 401k plan, good ownership
Cons
Potential long days, not knowing when I'll be off
Fun work environment very competitive
Crew Member / Mover (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2015
I would go into work at 7:30 in the morning and work until me and my co works moves are complete. I worked with somebody different each day. The co workers and i could have up to one through five moves a day. Working with the co workers was enjoyable and respected. Some of the hardest parts were carrying pianos to king size beds. Trying to fit everything in one truck was pretty difficult at times but my co workers and i were always able to finish the task safely and correctly.
Pros
Tips
Cons
never know exactly what time i would get off
Lots of work in summer and spring. Winter hour are next to none
Mover/Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2015
Everyday, I inspect my truck and job list. after completing the job/jobs for the day I do a post trip inspection on the truck. This branch is only 2 years old and management has been rocky lately but is showing a lot of improvement. The co-workers I have are great. But, it hard to keep them there when work gets slow because money needs to be made. That is the hardest part of the job. The not knowing when you will be working next. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I did my job the best that I could and that the we leave the customer happy and willing to use us again or refer us to someone that will.
Pros
Good tips, management willing to be flexible with hours.
Cons
Very hard and strenuous work. Unpredictable working schedule
Fun place to work, bad management & training for Admin.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJuly 8, 2014
Sorely understaffed regarding phones, customer service. Admin assistant position needs to be uninterrupted, which it is not. Receptionist sorely needed for overflow of phones and box sales and returns and applicants. Sales staff and management awesome, operations and claims department awesome, even though some claims should not be paid as much as some are. Whoever is in admin will be micro-managed horribly, will be told constant conflicting information and trained as if they should know how managers want tasks completed without direction. Also, admin assistant should never disagree with managers, even if told something completely different, standing up for yourself will eventually lead to losing job.
Pros
Fun people and constant work to to.
Cons
Terrible training and management for Admin position. Horribly understaffed.
Heavy lifting, poor management, sometimes great customers
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHSeptember 10, 2013
Typical day at work is moving customers household belongings from there old home to load into a truck to be unloaded at storage or new home.

Learning experince on how to lift household goods and put them down safely, loading a truck to ensure all belngins fit.

Management is poor.

Hardest part of the job is the heavy lifting of heavy household goods ranging from armoires to baby grand pianos. Up, down,or both with flights of stairs.

Enjoyable part is when you get lucky enough to have great customers that treat you well and with respect.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, tips sometimes, overtime
Cons
bad management leads to no moves booked, communication is horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leaders Moving & Storage Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Leaders Moving & Storage Company Reviews by Location