Leadpoint Business Services Employee Reviews

Great job
Sorter Operator (Current Employee) –  Zionsville, INApril 20, 2019
This place is a very good place to work. You can start a nice new career here with Leadpoint. New hires can move up very quickly and the supers there are very nice patient they work with you on just about any issue or problem you may have.
Pros
The job.
Cons
The work.
April 22, 2019

Love your comment! You're right-our entry-level jobs can be the path to a long-term career in recycling. We hope you continue to have a positive experience with Leadpoint!

Slavery
Sorter/lockout/tagout (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 8, 2019
They treat everyone like a felon. Male or female. Modern day slavery. They give u only 1break in between lunch for a 10+ hr shift. Half hr lunch break which is only 26mins really so they rob you of your full 30min break
April 22, 2019

Your comments are serious ones. Would you be willing to speak with a member of Leadpoint's management team about your experience? We want each of our employees to have a positive work experience with us. Thank you for sharing your concerns.

bizzare
sorter (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 23, 2019
I tried to work but the small parking lot was full and shady characters were hanging around the lot. I didn't feel safe at all and every instinct was telling me to run so I did. Don't apply unless you like smelly trash and shady people
April 22, 2019

It sounds like you had a bad experience. Were you here to apply to work or to start work on your assignment? You are right that recycling work can be smelly; our sorters work with recycled material. That's the nature of the work.

Temporary Staffing Service
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 9, 2019
Leadpoint specializes in personnel management and staffing for the recycling industry nationwide. Most of their workforce is manual labor that requires standing and sorting for long periods of time.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Manual labor
April 22, 2019

Thanks for your review - it is right-on. The work is general labor and it does require standing and sorting recycling material as it comes down the line. Every employee has an opportunity to practice the work during the interview and hiring process to make sure the job is a good fit.

You're also right that the work is steady. All our jobs are full-time and offer the opportunity to move up quickly.

Sorter
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Sorting trash caused severe nausea,headaches,and lead to throwing up even with the provided face mask.Living he** if you’re sorting through the mixed garbage looking for recyclables.You will learn what bad smell is,trust me you know nothing,smell kills your will not the physical aspect.Pay and management are OK.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Environment
April 22, 2019

Thanks for your comment. Recycling work isn't for everyone. The work can be physically demanding. We hope you were able to find a different job, one that was a better fit for you.

Fast paced environment
Sorter (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2019
It was a job that is fast paced. Some days are good some are rough with massive sorting quota that has to be met. For lunch there is a food truck. It will be easier by the day?
April 22, 2019

Thanks for your comment - yes, the work is definitely fast-paced! And like most jobs, it does get easier over time. We look forward to working with you for the long-term.

This place is very unprofessional
Recycling Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILDecember 28, 2018
If you want a life outside of work don't work here. You are over worked and under paid. No paid time off. Micromanaged, and very very unprofessional. Please stay away
stressful and crazy
bin coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harrisonville, MONovember 5, 2018
I liked working here but I had to relocate. the hardest thing about this job is getting there at 5 am and not leaving until 6. I hated the hours. but the pay was good and the people were great. the site manager looks like mr rogers so hes not scary.
Great Company
ONSITE MANAGER/OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver CoJuly 7, 2018
I miss this job. I loved the people, the hours, and the challenges. I traveled to many states for Leadpoint and met some great people. The best part is I learned something new from everyone.
Pros
Great People
Pay was good
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2018
I learned how to do a manufacturing job. By learning how the molding machines worked. How to sort the molded parts into boxes to b shipped out. Enjoyable part was I was off on the weekends.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Plastic is hot after it is molded and can burn.
Productive workplace and room for growth
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 11, 2018
I started with Leadpoint Business Services as a sorter and wanted to grow with the company. I put my hard work and effort to show that I was worthy and ready to expand my knowledge of working in the MRF. I became a LINE LEAD a little over a year and continued to pursue my ability to show and prove that I could go to the next level. After 3 years, I became a Shift Manager, in charge of 60 or more employees, directing people and executing game plans on a daily basis. The focus was and is always to accomplish and meet the customers demands in production. With these skills that intact in my daily routine, I get to work on outdoing myself everyday to progress and to meet the results that are expected of me as a leader.
Pros
lots of overtime and steady workflow
Cons
health care benefits
Orginized
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 27, 2018
Lead point is Well Organized. They are very Article. With a no tolerance Zone!! Fair pay for starters. Easy training.Lasts for 3 mins. The shifts are long and dreadful because you have to stand on your feet all night for 10hours straight.
Leadpoint
HR Generalist/Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2017
I gained great experience and insight while working here and I appreciate the opportunity.

They are great people to work for and I enjoyed the learning experience.
Disrespectful
Onsite Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 21, 2017
Applied for job and spent time traveling for interview and being recruited for over a month. Sent numerous emails and phone calls to top management to see about position and they couldnt even respond telling me the status of hiring. Didnt care if i got the job or not just wanted to know whether i did or not. Time and travel i at least deserved that a response.
It was overall a learning experience to be had over and over again.
Material Sorter (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 8, 2017
The hardest part of the job is: The speed of which one would have to reach first thing in the morning and keep it steady for ten hours, of course, there are two breaks and a half-hour lunch within the 10 hour day.
Pros
it poses a challenge for anyone regardless.
Cons
the breaks seem too short.
a good place to work.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85054August 7, 2017
Business has now slowed down, too many expenses and not enough revenue to support the many people working there. I would go back it requested to do so.l
Pros
sometime free lunches.
Cons
short breaks, no family health care contributions.
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Airway Heights, WAJanuary 16, 2017
Hard work with alot of standing. The supervisors are very rude though and very horrible pay considering tbe amount of work required.
Quick and fast place to work at must have good hand-eye coordination and be able to recognize things
Sauder (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2016
The typical daily point starts at 4:30 in the morning if nothing breaks down and production was smooth our first break comes at 6:30 then 15 minutes and we're back to work until 9 a.m. that's a 30-minute break then we're back to work until 11 a.m. and that's a 30-minute break then we work to 12 at 12 we stop the line and start the cleanup until 12:30 time to go home a typical day at Lakepointe
Pros
Must be quick to get to the microwave
Cons
If not you can waste your whole lunch long time
Unorgaizned
Recyclable Materials Sorter (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDMay 25, 2016
The was just changing rapidly new faces every few weeks and the job was to demanding. Most of the time you felt over worked and cheated of money on your check
it was ok
SORTER WASTE MANAGEMENT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 10, 2015
good people to work with,good coworkers,if ur in Albany and u need a job to start u out that would be the one.money could have been way better
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leadpoint Business Services. Our community is ready to answer.