LeafFilter Gutter Protection Employee Reviews

Too Much Driving for Too Little Money
In Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 23, 2019
Too place to work. Lots of driving for little return. Product is OK but way overpriced. Beware of promises made by Sales Manager. Only a few Sales Reps make money. I lasted 8 months and I'm a hard working closer.
Nothing positive to write.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 14, 2019
The worst part is the lack of leads and the quality of the ones you do get. I never received more than one or two in a a day and other days none at all. And when you get to the prospects home, the call center forced the appointment down their throats. So there are plenty of no shows. The product is great, but overpriced. Often your expected to sell at cost, which means you lost your time and gas.
Pros
Cons
Very poor pay
Company is a scam!
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  South FloridaApril 9, 2019
You will be lied too on your first day of training. The company does not have the REQUIRED LICENSING TO WORK IN SOUTH FLORIDA. Don't believe me---walk in the door and look for the occupational license, as well as the Florida Specialty Aluminum license--they have zilch!!! The only contract you will get is the no compete--they won't give you anything on paper that says they will pay you this amount, and paydays are on this date, etc etc.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
A complete company scam!!
find another sales job
Salesman Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2019
the worst run sales organization I ever worked for.told to lie to customers ,price starting out is 35-38 ft. then if they don't buy, you lie about some bogus promotion and 15% off and then if they do it today another 15% until your at the bottom cost to get the sale, for a product that is overpriced by 75%.then if you don't sell it the mgr calls customer and low balls your price the next day. also you will not get paid on any customer that buys later on, its a one call close for salesman or never get paid.you get no commission or credit for sale.mgr makes all the money salesman make about 300-500 deal.its a revolving door with poor training from mgr and national sales mgr.lots of cussing,vapeing during meetings ,sexual content,in meetings.it was a joke.only 2 people in office made money.find another job this place is horrible,everday felt like the principal at school was watching every thing you did.no support at all.no benefits, commission based pay.i now love going against them in the field,i destroy their product every week.
Pros
appointments set
Cons
sales enviroment
Not a bad place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHApril 4, 2019
Is actually a pretty nice place to work. Clean, people are nice, own work space. It’s kind of borijg but if you’re the kind of person that just works to make money then this is your job
Pros
Own work place, paid weekly
Cons
Boring as all heck
You earn what you put in
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2019
LeafFilter is a great opportunity. I will say, it is a marketing company with a single product. Everyone is a contracted employee. They care about one thing, Money! 80% of the sales force makes very little money. The top 1 or 2 people at each location are the earners. If you're the salesperson that only wants to depend on yourself, and you believe that appointments should be set by previous success, this is the job for you. Survival of the fittest.

Leaffilter is not my cup of tea. I prefer integrity sales processes versus manipulative ones. I like the job because it has pushed me to be a better closer.
Pros
no bosses
Cons
they care about one thing, money.
great training
REGIONAL COMMERCIAL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 20, 2019
only real bad thing with this job was the traveling, no reimbursement for fuel, off on Sundays. leads came from terrible sources.sink or swim atmosphere.
Pros
flexable
Cons
not consistent
Best job ive ever had
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHMarch 12, 2019
I've been working at the corporate call center for about a year and a half. When i first started i was very shy and scared to talk to people over the phone. I quickly grew a thick skin and this job gave me LOADS of confidence. I was extremely depressed, making barely enough money to buy a pack of ramen, but when i started working here my life completely changed. My management team is extremely supportive, friendly, and they really care about you. If you put in the work, and do good at your job, *ALL* you have to do is ask for a review and a raise and they will give it to you. They also allow you to work overtime IF YOU JUST ASK. The bonuses are amazing! They actually do offer room for advancement especially in 2019 as we are growing immensely. They changed their training completely, before it was only 5 days and now it is 2 weeks with in class training and on-the-phone training to ensure the employees are well off and knowledgeable on the product. Definitely recommend working at the call center, and definitrly recommend the product!
Pros
Pay, relaxed environment, wonderful coworkers, fun games, pot lucks, confidence building, bonuses
Cons
Extremely stressful, thats about it.
Good company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHMarch 11, 2019
Good company to work for. high demand, high stress, but overall satisfying. yearly paid trip for awards ceremony. early, and late hours make hard for family time.
Great Product - But Slave Labor a component of Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 1, 2019
Great Product but very long hours and company restrictions that are problematic.

Typical days 12 to 14 hours and a great deal of daily driving that you are not reimbursed for.

The product is expensive and you are not allowed to give the consumer a day to decide. If you do not sell them right there, they want you to sell the deal at cost which does not include your expense of perhaps driving 150 miles round trip. Secondly, if you sell the job at retail you must add $300 administration cost to the job. If you sell it at cost you don't add the administrative cost and you sell it at 60% of the retail cost which is a significant discount.

I experienced numerous customer no shows after driving up to 150 miles round trip. They don't allow you to call the prospective customer to confirm the appointment.

Managers are under a lot of pressure, so if you don't produce immediately you're gone.
Pros
Great Product
Cons
Stressful job that asks you to work for free if you don't sell the job at retail.
If you are an experienced in-home sales professional, this is a dream job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 21, 2019
I have quite a few years of in-home sales experience which has helped me greatly as a sales rep for Leaf Filter. Here is what I learned, and would tell a friend:

1. You can make a lot of money at Leaf Filter. In my market (Pittsburgh/WV) a good salesperson can easily eclipse 100K per year in the first year.

2. You will be asked to drive long distances. If you don't want to do THAT, look elsewhere. In this job, you have to run hard and be disciplined.

3. You will be given a never ending stream of leads. 90% demo rate, 55% closing rate.

4. Leaf Filter offers the best financing options for consumers I have ever seen.

5. YOUR CUSTOMERS WILL BE HAPPY. Bottom line, If something goes wrong, and your customer has a problem, it will be fixed, period.

In order to be successful at Leaf Filter in SALES, you MUST take the time to learn about gutters. It is not difficult, but the company offers a variety of tools to get your knowledge base to where it needs to be, quickly.

If you have the mental toughness and discipline with your time, money, and mind, you can have fun and make a very good living at Leaf Filter.
Pros
Great product, insanely good customer service, great $$$$
Cons
You must be disciplined with your time, money and mind. Not everyone is.
Worst company I ever worked for
sub contracter (Former Employee) –  NjFebruary 13, 2019
You need insurance and workers compensation to get in the company, what you got pay is no Enough I did $35000 in jobs and I just got pay a $800 not even the 3% funny making them rich. I don't recommend no one to work for them In the management are very aggressive with Installers In not polite at all and when you don't want to continue with them they make to many Excuses to pay you.
Productive Workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 11, 2019
Best company I've ever sold for. Generous commission structure, plenty of prequalified leads, #1 rated product in the industry. I've seen people come and go from this company in the last 6 years. The people who stick around are the people who train well, and in turn, earn high incomes. Overall great place to work. A salesman's dream.
Pros
Prequalified leads, generous commission plan, lots of ongoing training
Cons
It's still work.
Poor
Regional Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 6, 2019
They don't care about their employees. They only care about collecting that dollar. They will promise you the world but never follow through with it.
Have to work 7 days a week to make very little.
Subcontractor/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORFebruary 2, 2019
Made $1 a foot to clean out gutters that weren’t cleaned for years and then had to fasten loose spikes and reseal every corner and any areas that are leaking. Ended up working 4-10 hours a day and made $70-100 and that’s if I was able to complete the job in one day and includes the $.30 a mile for gas which isn’t enough to even pay for gas. I had several jobs that ended up taking several days to complete due to sales people having no idea what they were doing and telling the elderly customer that we were “magicians” and that we can install this magical product anywhere. I ended up averaging out around $8 an hour maybe!!!! 1099 so I spent $1,300 on tools and bought a truck. . Jobs were often over an hour or more away. Ended up making $1,600 in a MONTH with the new installer bonuses after my cost on supplies. Oh and that’s before taxes!!!!!!! Was told that I would make $1,500-2,500/week. Yea, maybe if you work 7 days a week, 10 hours a day and that’s only if the sales person doesn’t get the job info wrong like saying it’s a shingle roof but really it’s a tin roof so you have to drive all the way back to the shop to get the right fitting for the filter. Happens all the time. Oh and if it’s not raining and the roof isn’t at a dangerous pitch so you can install from the roof. Otherwise you have to do it from the ladder which will take way longer. Basically the absolute ONLY way you can make $1,500-2,500 a week is if you work a ton of hours 7 days a week and have a second person working with you as a team which means you have to split those wages. So ya might as well just get a  more... normal job and get paid time and a half and you’ll make that much without the headache.  less
Pros
Very flexible hours. Choose your schedule. Work as much as you want
Cons
Too many to list here. Just read the review!
Not that good job
Installer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 1, 2019
I liked the staff, but the job was hard and didn’t pay enough. Also in winter time we have to work getting pay the same and is way to cold outdoors. Even if you work during the winter, they don’t have enough work for you.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Not fair with workers
Good place to work, but the pay can be a bit unmotivating.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHJanuary 24, 2019
Great management, all great people. My co-workers are great too, and the day goes by generally quick. The hours for the week allow you to actually go out and do things, have a social life and stuff.
Pay is $10 for my position, which is pretty average, but they consider 32.50 hours a week full time, and that can be really underwhelming for most people. With how much money the company makes a year (currently that number is rising a substantial amount every year), you would think they would pay the people that book the appointments with customers more money.
Pros
Weekly Pay, Busniess Casual Attire, Great/Supportive Management
Cons
Pay could be better.
Dont gamble your money
Gutter contractor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2019
I was recently fired for not lieing to a customer. The sales reps are extremely uneducated when it comed to gutter drainage systems, and 40% of the jobs were either cancelled or rescheduled. This results in lost money from your pocket for material, gas, and time. Management expects you to lie more so than not. Typical examples are, tell them your an employee, tell them their 5in gutters are smaller so we can sale them more 5in gutters. The pricing is outrageous, gutters are sold around 12-15 dollars per foot, installer makes 3 a foot. And industry standard is between 3-5 a foot. Most customers are retired nice people, and leaffilter gutter protection is literally lying and stealing from them.
Pros
Good money if you have no conscience
Cons
Needs new management in a bad way
Project Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Pay is decent if you dont mind putting in a demanded 14 hours a day while someone is looking over your shoulder constantly. If you like to suck up to your boss, have no life, do things how someone else thinks you should and be forced to use your own cell, laptop and vehicle then this is the place for you! Dont ever sign up as an installer for this company. You will not make what they promise.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to list
working for pennies
Installer (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 16, 2019
Worked a job installing leaf filter, was on the job for over 10 hours , it was an hours drive to the job and got $170, then wanted me to install gutters, a $1700 job, was going to pay me less than $500, after buying materials I would not make any money, $1 a foot they were paying. Found out about the job at 9 pm the night before, when I told them I was not taking a job I was not going to make any money off of, I got major attitude from the manager. On top of that pay they were taking money for a so called "deposit" they require of their subcontractors, totaling $1500, taking $50 to $100 a pay period until you reach the $1500.
Pros
empty promises of making alot of money
Cons
horrible pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LeafFilter Gutter Protection. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight