LeafFilter Gutter Protection Employee Reviews for Marketer

Great product, employer and manager until..........
Event marketer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2018
New management people made changes in working conditions that made it impossible to earn any income, especially as an independent contractor. Original management and working environment was profitable, fun, good product and wonderful co-workers.
Fair and Respectful in Every sense
Event Marketer (Current Employee) –  Papillion, NEDecember 28, 2017
I have never worked for a company that is as respectful of their employees as both workers and individuals. Supremely good people would honestly present the full scope of the job and prepare you for every step in exceeding their expectations.
The CLASSIC Bait and Switch
Marketing Department (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHAugust 22, 2016
This "Good Old Boys" network of upper management is completely stuck on the old ways of marketing. They respond to nothing new and no other methods of sales than event marketing.
Their unprofessional tactics are the reason everyone is on eggshells. Trying to do our job while not shake the boat. A very nervous experience like I've never known before. The work isn't hard, but it's never good enough. $30,000 a month, up from $5,000. And it's not good enough? Simply a tense, library environment day after day no matter how in sales you've increased. Weird work environment.
Plus, they poached me from my old job and now have threatened to let me go only a few weeks in. I'm bringing in profits, so I don't understand the problem.
I'm so scared for my job, but want to continue to help the team.
#BaitandSwitch
Pros
I can't think of any.
Cons
Management/Directors - Favored Treatment - Fear of Job
Easy money/erratic schedule
Event Marketing (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 26, 2016
Great company to work for. They lay out what you will be doing from the beginning. As an event marketer, your main priority is to generate leads. No selling. No appointment setting. Just giving information and receiving information.
Pros
Good pay by the hour, not by the performance. Great management team.
Cons
Hard to schedule a weekend being as you don't know when you'll be working. Long days at the shows.
Flexible weekend hours
Marketer (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAJuly 6, 2015
Marketing the product at fairs, festivals, and shows is an opportunity to interact with a plethora of people. The shows are different every weekend. Usually work independently; but the management is always available and allows for flexibility in work assignments. If a person has an gregarious personality, then this is a great employer to work for.
Easy-going and a great resume booster
Regional Marketer (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 13, 2013
The job has you attending various shows, setting up a booth, and producing leads. You talk to people the entire day and try to get them interested in the product.This is NOT door-to-door and they do not train you to be pushy and rude like some companies with similar jobs. The company gives you little to draw a prospect in so you have to rely on the display and people skills. This does help develop useful skills and can be difficult when your not even supposed to hand a brochure unless you get there name and number first. My manager was the nicest guy in the world and will do anything to help you out. After a few weeks training you work by completely yourself. So if you like working in teams and around co-workers do not apply. The gutter system is the best on the market so this does help make the job a little easier. The worst part about the job is you have to travel a ton and sometimes you get minimal compensation for travel. Yes, they pay for gas and hotels. The hotel will be very cheap and they will not pay you windshield time or mileage on your vehicle. I rarely stayed at a hotel though but still the compensation was not worth the time it takes to drive up and drive back. You will only work weekends too. There is no work during the week except sometimes you get a friday show. My final complaint is they put you on a 1099 misc. tax form. Meaning they do not take taxes out of your check, which is nice until you have to pay your taxes. Basically you are not considered a Leaf Filter employee but a contractor. This is a great job if you are a student or need some extra money just  more... be careful on what shows you accept marketing at because if the drive is more than 90 minutes you may feel under-paid. My manager really took care of me and is very reasonable if you cant work every weekend. Also the hourly wage is pretty reasonable.   less
Pros
Complete freedom, easy after trained, fair hourly compensation, provides great career building skills, great boss
Cons
Minimal compensation for longer drives, can get very slow and boring some weekends, 1099 tax form job