LeafFilter Gutter Protection Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Run management very poorly run. Dont waste time
Sales (Former Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 2, 2018
Employees are great. Immature management 32 yo
Doesnt have moral or years to know how to manage
A company... lots of promises he can’t deliver on.
Don’t waste your time.
Contract
No benefits, no vaca
Pay your own gas upfront
Pros
Good product
Cons
Your own costs
Horrible Company.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIAugust 24, 2018
Hard to explain how bad it really is.
Actually a pretty decent product and solves the customers problems.
Horrible and I mean horrible management. Installations never on time. Leads never on time. Meetings inconsistent and full of false promises.
You’ll have to fight for your pay and double check everything.
If you have been around a while and can sell this is not for you.
Pros
Non really
Cons
To long to list
A company built on bending the truth
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 12, 2018
I didn’t realize the extent of how shady most home remodeling businesses were before taking a sales position with LeafFilter. Not to say that LeafFilter is the worst of the worst, but the sales tactics you’re taught and are expected to execute out in the field are laughable. I won’t get into the details, since I don’t want to expose the sales process. I respect the success the company has had, but my God. The tactics are about as cheesy and as deceitful as you can get.

Onwards... LeafFilter sales reps will be driving anywhere from an hour to 3-4 hours a day, depending on how many appts you’re running. You’ll put an absurd amount of miles on your car. If you’re leasing your vehicle, this isn’t for you. If you like driving, maybe you’ll like it. Who knows. But facts are facts. You’ll drive... a lot.

One thing I absolutely hated about this position was not knowing your schedule for the next day until after 9pm each evening. Impossible to make plans, have a social life, or a family life when you have about 12 hours notice to know if you can make your kids baseball game. You’ll work every Saturday, most nights, and like I said, won’t know your schedule until the night before. If you’re a single 22 year old guy, totally different story than a married 50 year old with 4 kids.

The appointments... a good deal of them are garbage. So, you’ll drive 30, 45, 60 minutes to your appointment, only to find out that the guy at the home show basically almost bribed them to accept an appointment. Or the rep at home office said they would have a “no obligation quote” from a rep who
  more... wouldn’t be more than 5 minutes at the house. Yes, I ran into this constantly. A good sales rep can overcome a lot and also build a lot of value, but you can’t do much when the person says, “Oh, they told me you would be 5 minutes... I have my sons football game in 10 minutes.”

I did make money at LeafFilter. Don’t get me wrong. I was on pace to earn over $50K if I stayed there a year. Not the best. Not the worst. But factor in the miles on the car, the unbalanced work/life balance, the shady sales tactics they encouraged, and the often suspect appointments, I determined it wasn’t for me. I don’t think any true sales professional who has morals would enjoy this position.
Pros
Pre-set appointments, decent income potential, management opportunities
Cons
Poor work/life balance, unsteady appointment flow, tons of driving, questionable sales tactics
Still the best thing going sales-wise
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 4, 2018
The job isn't for everyone.
Only for true closers and those that don't mind driving. That being said, love meeting new peopleeveryday, selling a GREAT product and making some REAL money.

Autonomy is nice for me,but also appreciate the accountability to keep my game tight
Pros
Great commission structure
Cons
Other Whiny salespeople
long drives
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
Drive all over the south with a commission only job you did get to see a lot of new places and eat lots of different food. commissions can be high or they can be zero. feast or famine
Pros
see new places
Cons
always traveling
Amazing Employer for the Right Canidate
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2018
LeafFilter is an amazing company with a ton of growth potential. If you work hard and perform, you will be noticed and move forward in the company. The sales position is a commission sales position that has a higher pay scale than most other home remodeling companies. I came from the roofing/siding/windows environment, and LeafFilter has gave me a better quality of life. I see some of these reviews on here, and I can't believe it. I've traveled the nation with the company working with many different managers, and all have been amazing. If you're lazy, you won't make it and you probably shouldn't work in a commission sales field. The best things in life aren't handed to you. If you want it, work for it! LeafFilter will match your effort in helping you succeed. Daily we can work up to 2 hours out. I love the drive, it is my escape from reality. It lets me focus through the day and wind down in the evening. My favorite part of the job, unlike almost all other sales jobs, you do not have to prospect your own customers. LeafFilter schedules your appointments with future customers who requested a quote. All in all, amazing company and I'm excited for my future!
Pros
Growth, Advancement, Pay, Warm Leads, Time Off
Cons
Not enough time in a day to sell more
Management needs overhauled
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAApril 1, 2018
I actually enjoyed working there up until a new manager arrived who was transferred from a southern state.
His first comment to me was, you're too old to be working here as I have to worry about you getting up each day, driving to appts, etc.
What he did not have clue on is age discrimination nor did he care; where he lived before doesn't have our State and Federal laws.
That was my last day yet, he still works there.
I was hired by one of their competitors and easily out sold LF with a 4/5 closing ratio without high pressure.
This is a great company BUT the new manager (from a southern state) in my opinion is the reason the turn over is so high.
Pros
Excellent Earnings
Cons
Local management
Carrots and sticks for all but ....
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  BirminghamFebruary 25, 2018
Do you really think any Company that says you can make $80k +++ a year would have constant turnover? Baited initially with better appointments but eventually it becomes impossible to survive off jobs selling in the ‘Hood’ and ‘Dirt Road’ Crackerjack low income rural households in the middle of ONLY God Knows Where! Go for it SUCKER!
Pros
Plenty of windshield time to drive your car into the ground burning gas.
Cons
None if you’re a Sucker. Eventually you figure out your true value.
The best sales job out there
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 13, 2017
First of all this is a 1099 sales position so they do not offer benefits but what they do offer is the opportunity to make a lot of money. Going in, I was a little skeptical about the amount of money they said I could make but after being there a couple of weeks I saw first-hand that it was not only possible but it was happening weekly. My largest paycheck was $3800. I had to leave the position for medical reasons but I do plan to rejoin them as soon as I am cleared to return.

In my experience, the "sales people" of the world would not do well here. This company lives and dies by closing. If you are a closer, you will absolutely love this job and you will be compensated more than fairly.
Pros
work mostly from home, great commission structure, training
Cons
learning curve, driving
Worst Company I've ever worked for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 3, 2017
Total pyramid scheme. They lure you in with high dollar checks, but neglect to tell you how one-sided the pay plan is. The absolute worst company I've worked for from top to bottom. They have no HR or insurance even available.They give no gas allowance. They give no training or training pay. They employ shady sales managers who steal from own employees every chance they can. Stay away from this company at all cost
Pros
Cons
No gas allowance. No insurance. No Management.
Flexible schedule, performance rewarded, smart fun company
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 30, 2017
If you like being rewarded based on your performance and you hate the 9-5, LF is the best company to work for. If you're positive, motivated, ambitious, you'll fit right in.
Awesome Company for One Call Closers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 23, 2016
True Sales environment. You will not enjoy if you are not comfortable with one call close. Great product. Great support. Lots of travel but enjoyable for the person who likes to go where the people are.
Pros
sales sales sales
Cons
1099 pay