LeafFilter North, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Still the best thing going sales-wise
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 4, 2018
The job isn't for everyone.
Only for true closers and those that don't mind driving. That being said, love meeting new peopleeveryday, selling a GREAT product and making some REAL money.

Autonomy is nice for me,but also appreciate the accountability to keep my game tight
Pros
Great commission structure
Cons
Other Whiny salespeople
Awful work enviornment!
Regional Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHJuly 1, 2018
This is a racial company with zero integrity! The management team is disrespectful and inconsistent with all policies. My schedule was promised and rarely delivered. I was required to travel weekly with very little time off.
Have to be able to talk to people
Job and Lead Builder/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHMay 27, 2018
You have to be good on the phone. You have to know how to map locations. Must follow directions. Fast paced. Fun and competitive atmosphere. They do not have paid vacations.
Pros
Many paid lunches, family.environment, free activitiea
Cons
No vacation pay, lack of raises
Discriminatory, no human factor to managers management style.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHApril 28, 2018
Not a good place to work. Fellow co-workers are good, upper management is terrible. If your not young and completely mold-able, forget it. They have no human factor to mangers management and they way they handle reviews, etc. You have to have "perfection" in all your monitored calls. Really? Must be nice to be perfect all day, every day. Seriously? Get real. They should look at revising a key question that is required of CSR to ask each and every customer. They definitely need to revise the review processes.
Pros
Cons
Not enough breaks, low pay
Management needs overhauled
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAApril 1, 2018
I actually enjoyed working there up until a new manager arrived who was transferred from a southern state.
His first comment to me was, you're too old to be working here as I have to worry about you getting up each day, driving to appts, etc.
What he did not have clue on is age discrimination nor did he care; where he lived before doesn't have our State and Federal laws.
That was my last day yet, he still works there.
I was hired by one of their competitors and easily out sold LF with a 4/5 closing ratio without high pressure.
This is a great company BUT the new manager (from a southern state) in my opinion is the reason the turn over is so high.
Pros
Excellent Earnings
Cons
Local management
Worst mistake in a while
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WIMarch 19, 2018
Research, 19% below national average. Was promised raises that never happened. Approximatly 60 thousand miles on your personal truck a year. The $300 a month vehicle allowance barely covers tires, oil changes, brake pads, and windshield washer fluid, no accounting for depreciation of the vehicle, scheduled maintenance, if something actually breaks, and finally the increased cost of truck insurance for driving your truck for work @ 60,000 miles a year.

Worst part is listening to the customers complain to me about what the salesman promised.
Pros
I enjoyed the work itself, different challenges every day.
Cons
Lies, lies, and more lies.
Not a place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMarch 9, 2018
The culture of LeafFilter North is for conflict between Operations and Installation. They encourage conflict between the two. I completely disagree with that mindframe when constructively improving business. It should be balanced.
Pros
Healthcare and even that wasn't that great
Cons
Everything else
Money hungry management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 5, 2018
When I started with LF they actually cared about their employees. Now it seems like all management cares about is getting rich. During my at LF they added a 401k, but they did not match.

If you join the marketing department be prepared to work every weekend and holiday except Easter and Christmas. When you have to travel(it happens often) they only cover $70 for a hotel and do not offer any form of per diem. Their policy is" you'd have to eat if you were at home"
Pros
Insurance.
Cons
You work 7 days a week.
LeafFilter, North Inc, a fast growing company with great people...
Event Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 3, 2018
I enjoyed my time with LeafFilter. It is a very fast growing company with pretty heavy work demands and little time for a personal life. My particular job was difficult due to being a single mother, but because my children were older, in college and high school, they were self sufficient. This allowed me to be able travel without much trouble. I spent weeks away from home sometimes only to be able to come home for a day or two to regroup and leave again for anywhere from two to 12 days depending on the event schedule. Overall I would say that corporate employees were very happy and were constantly in a positive work environment. For the individual office teams, providing you all got along and were on the same page regarding expectations and needs, a working relationship could be fantastic. The hardest part of this job is the amount of work hours it consumed and not being able to go even one day without doing something work related without getting behind or being on top of what was going on company wide..The best part of the job was the fact that I was able to work from home. I did have an office and warehouse where all of my event displays were kept, but it was not necessary for me to be in the office on a regular basis other than a couple days a week for meetings and conference calls. Retaining marketers was also a bit of an issue since the company requires managers to always work events first and foremost before your marketing team. This caused many issues with being able to actually give your marketers work, which is why they have been hired in the first place. You must  more... always have enough marketers to work all the events, but also have enough to fill in for unexpected occurrences. Many times marketers would quit because of lack of work hours given. In this type of work situation, you have to be able to be very flexible and be able to travel with very little notice. There are ways that this could be alleviated and maybe in the future they will reduce the amount of time managers have to spend working events and utilize them more to train and oversee the marketers on a regular basis by traveling to different events and not being locked into working an entire event every week. I believe this would relieve some stress on the marketing manager and allow for the marketers to be able to work more hours and in turn the marketing managers would be able to keep the marketers on track and motivated which in turn would work toward making the marketers better at their job overall.. I believe this would lead to more productive marketers and less stressed out managers. There are many other things I could say about LeafFilter, but all in all it was a great experience and I enjoyed the competitive nature of all of my fellow marketing managers. It always made me want to do better and be better at my job. The benefits were great and yearly Summit Awards were always a wonderful time!  less
Carrots and sticks for all but ....
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  BirminghamFebruary 25, 2018
Do you really think any Company that says you can make $80k +++ a year would have constant turnover? Baited initially with better appointments but eventually it becomes impossible to survive off jobs selling in the ‘Hood’ and ‘Dirt Road’ Crackerjack low income rural households in the middle of ONLY God Knows Where! Go for it SUCKER!
Pros
Plenty of windshield time to drive your car into the ground burning gas.
Cons
None if you’re a Sucker. Eventually you figure out your true value.
Sporadic Work
Event Marketer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 5, 2018
This is not a job for someone that need a certain number of hours in a week. This job is a seasonal job with not hardly any work through the winter months.
Fun Place!
Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHFebruary 4, 2018
I'm fairly new here at Leaf Filter and so far I don't really have any complaints! Everyone that I talk to (co-workers, managers, people in other departments) have been amazingly friendly and patient. The culture is pretty fun; a lot of free food, free coffee, able to wear comfortable clothes. The shifts are great (M-F) and pay is reasonably; from what I have noticed, if you work hard you do have the ability to move into different positions. It can be stressful talking with customers all day (some are more angry than others), but your team is 100% there to walk you through any bumps in the road. You have to have the right personality with this company (aka upbeat, positive, clear headed, patient). This is a very good entry level position for people looking for more experience and a "big kid" job.
Pros
Fun environment, free food & coffee, casual work wear
Cons
Nothing that you won't find at other positions
Not fun
Regional Insallation Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 20, 2017
Turnover rate ungodly, do what it takes mentality from upper management, all a number game, low overhead, maximum push for sales and installs yesterday not today.
Pros
Some free lunches, gas card
Cons
No days off, no advancement, and promised the world
Only good thing here were the friends I made
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHJuly 28, 2017
The manager is a real jerk. He didn't care about his employees. He picks favorites and isn't afraid to say so. The only thing good about this company honestly were the people I sat around. We had fun as a team and I do miss that. Then the company started moving seats trust me it sucked. The bonus they offer are junk. The manager wrongfully terminated me and wasn't really afraid to admit it. Not only do I not recommend working for their company I don't recommend their products either. If that's how they treat their employees imagine how they treat their customers. Half the inbound calls were complaints anyways. The worst part was how you had to call the same place over and over instead of switching everyone up on calling.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Pretty much everything
The best sales job out there
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 13, 2017
First of all this is a 1099 sales position so they do not offer benefits but what they do offer is the opportunity to make a lot of money. Going in, I was a little skeptical about the amount of money they said I could make but after being there a couple of weeks I saw first-hand that it was not only possible but it was happening weekly. My largest paycheck was $3800. I had to leave the position for medical reasons but I do plan to rejoin them as soon as I am cleared to return.

In my experience, the "sales people" of the world would not do well here. This company lives and dies by closing. If you are a closer, you will absolutely love this job and you will be compensated more than fairly.
Pros
work mostly from home, great commission structure, training
Cons
learning curve, driving
Not that great
CSR (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHMay 31, 2017
They "freeze" pay raises according to the manager. The atmosphere is High school drama. They also have favorites. If you are one to work up the ladder on your own and not be a brown noser, this is NOT for you.
Pros
Good stepping ground to get experience
Cons
Favoritism, Hardly any pay raises, Drama filled atmosphere
Worst Company I've ever worked for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 3, 2017
Total pyramid scheme. They lure you in with high dollar checks, but neglect to tell you how one-sided the pay plan is. The absolute worst company I've worked for from top to bottom. They have no HR or insurance even available.They give no gas allowance. They give no training or training pay. They employ shady sales managers who steal from own employees every chance they can. Stay away from this company at all cost
Pros
Cons
No gas allowance. No insurance. No Management.
Very Stable Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHMarch 27, 2017
Stable Company-Grows Annually-Very motivated owner-Didn't think I would ever leave.

New boss - do not see things the same way. Time to move on, it just works out that way some times
Pros
Stable
Outside Sales
Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 25, 2017
200-300 Miles driven a day with no compensation. Earned only 3% of 100K sales volume. Mismanagement of funds on numerous occasions. The hardest part of the job is totally funding yourself, and trying to maintain a positive attitude about the company you're working for.
A quick paced work environment where excellent performance promises great reward.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALMarch 16, 2017
The management and the training process is enjoyable, but if you believe in the passion of the company and the effectiveness of the marketing, you will succeed.
Pros
Travel expenses are all free