LEAKE & WATTS Employee Reviews

Difficult Employer
Childcare Counselor (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 19, 2018
Very hard place to work for. You are expected to work long hours with low pay. training is inadequate. Management are not supportive of staff . Youth served are allowed to do whatever they want to do without having to face any consequences.
Pros
paid vacations, sick and personal
Cons
no breaks, lack of professionalism
Great Learning experience
Case Manager/ Social worker (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 24, 2018
productive and learning experience. The most important thing about the job was meeting the youth where they are at and making sure they were serviced.
Pros
Sharing Holidays with them, flexibility
Cons
Healthcare
can be relax but often stressful
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 13, 2018
This is agency intake youth with mental, emotional and or physical abuse. Some are DSS youth (kids who do not hive a parent or guardian willing to care for them or are unstable ) others are CSE which are here for school because they were kick out of their previous school for major aggression. Therefore, some days are good and some are stressful.
Pros
flexible
Cons
getting stuck often / lack of staffing
Horrible Job they gang up on you if they don't like gou
Case planner (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 5, 2018
Would not recommend as a long term employment. They are sneaky and very unprofessional. Management is very dirty and underhanded. Foster care department is always mistreating their clients. Just would never recommend to a friend or family member.
Pros
Not sure there are any
Great learning experience
Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 25, 2018
This was the first SW job I had after finishing my Masters. I ran a Cottage with 16-18 adolescent boy It was challenging and a positive learning experience for me, I had to leave for a position that paid better.
Pros
Good workers, supportive staff
Cons
Extremely difficult population. Foster children, lots of pts. with severe trauma.
very relaxed place to work for
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 23, 2018
Room for growth. I started out at the Juvenile correctional facility and became a case manager. The place is a very good place to work for and I have even been asked to work for them per diem.
Very stressful work place with poor management
OPWDD Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 17, 2018
I had a good work experince with the company for 10 years but once new upper managment came to Leake and Watts the company morals and valueschanged from good to bad. Thers is know support there anymore and they dont meet the individuals needs.
Pros
The individuals are fun to be around
Cons
Dont care about staffing
Fun to work at
MED COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 8, 2018
I was a good worker it’s very fun workin there. Gd management. Pay vacation benefits execellent. I would will refer people to work at this job. Trainings are very fundamental
good work culture. Fast paced but productive.
Nursing Case Manager / School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 20, 2018
challenging but wonderful work experience.
work team was always ready for a challenging day.
Staff understood the culture and worked cohesively to achieve goals.
fun workplace with children
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 6, 2018
A typical day at work would be teaching children how to swim and making them have different techniques. It was good lessons for my future jobs within this field.
family orientated
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 30, 2017
working was leake and watts was an enjoyable experience, while there your treated like a person.
management really listen and worked with staff
good company to work for
growth in this company is unlimited
Case Planner
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 26, 2017
Great job. However, I'm in search of a new position that is closer to home. You'll just need great organizational skills to meet the number of contacts per month.
grest place to work
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 18, 2017
great place to work if you like helping kids staff sticks together and overtime is endless management help you when you need I would work here again great place
ecouraging
Supervisor of Employment Developer (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 2, 2017
The grestest thing about working at Leak and Watts was your peer and management support. the hardest part of the job was serving the people we served.
Pros
Family working envirment
Cons
lack of organization
L&w
Residential Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 21, 2017
Challenging organization to work for. No or very little room to advance and almost never any increase in salary. The lower you are in the food chance the harder your job will be.
Flexible
Preventive Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 16, 2017
My position as a case planner provided me the flexibility to create my own schedule and work from home when I was not in the field doing home visits. Individual and group supervisions occur on a weekly basis and staff meetings are held monthly.
Pros
working from home
Cons
pay
Great for experience horrible pay
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 15, 2017
Still work there I am desperately looking for another job they are short staff so staff is getting used overworked and abused yet they say they can’t hire because of the budget haven’t gotten a raise in three years the culture is not the same as it used to be staff is on pins and needles hoping they don’t get canned and have to watch out for kids who think they can just attack staff because they have the justice center they can call and make allegation. Definitely not a secure type of job.
Pros
Laid back unlike most agencies
Cons
Not a stable job
Decent Job
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 29, 2017
The current position that I hold is a great entry level position. My hours currently allow me to return back to school. But unfortunately I am not feeling fulfilled. The youth that we work with have their moments when they can be unstable and can often be considered AWOL risks.
productive
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 17, 2017
great way to teach and help teenagers to change their lives for the better. great way to introduced to new cultures and other staff members. the company as a whole helps teenagers reach their future goals.
Child Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 11, 2017
I love working at leake and watts. It's like an extended family. Although, you have the normal gossip. Everyone works together to get the job done. There's always a coworker there to support you. It's amazing to see the youth grow, even if it's small changes to their behavior. The only complaint I have is that administration need to begin holding these youth accountable for their behaviors. No consequences for anti social behaviors will result in poor life choices as an adult. The goal is to rehabilitate these youth, not debilitate them.
Pros
Free meals, Seeing the youth progress, building relationships with the youth
Cons
No consequences for the youth anti social behaviors