LEAP Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Fun Work, Life Lessons WILL be learned.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 9, 2018
Being able to work everyday and leave with a child’s life changed or better is such a great feeling, leap is one family everyone sticks together. Love
Pros
Pay, outcome
Cons
Stress, organization
Fulfilling and enjoyable
CRMA (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MEMay 24, 2018
Helping with the daily lives of my clients was fulfilling. Working in this field you grown attachments to people you work with, and for. In all honesty if the pay was more competitive, for the field it is in I would never leave.
Best Counseling Job
Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 10, 2018
LEAP was my first job and the best job I ever had I still look back and smile I love helping kids and making them feel good about themselves. I recommended this to anyone.
Leap For Kids
Support counselors by volunteering (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 18, 2018
Working there was the same as being one of the leap kids. I learned how to teach others , camping material and learned about my community. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to be around other people from my community and make a difference.
Pros
Free lunch
provide good Employees
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 27, 2018
Leap provide good work ethics and they care about their employee. We helped kids with homework and later we do special curriculum sometimes we take them on field trips I had 8-10 year old girls.
horrible work environment
Teaching Artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2018
There is a reason they have such high turnover in the office and in the field

Poor communications.

Poor management

Poor everything

really sorry I took a position with them. they never followed through with anything, except complaining
Fun place to work
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwood, NYFebruary 14, 2018
A great small company to work for. Management was wonderful and your concerns were always heard. Everyone worked as a team for the best interests of the residents.
Pros
great teamwork, small company
Cons
no lunch breaks
Proactive and very nice staff
Provide customer service (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 20, 2018
Simple work, go in and go out. Not as hard to manage very simple job, quick learning. Also very adaptable place, and easy to be productive with work and outside work. I learned to work in an office area.
Pros
free lunch, breaks
Cons
short breaks
Fun work place
LIT(Leader In Training)counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 14, 2018
Leap is an school program that teaches kids to be brilliant in life to help children with homework do resources go out on field days to broaden their horizons Leap is a vey energetic program that kids love going to
Community oriented, open workplace
Senior Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 17, 2017
The days are short during the school year but the LEAP summer program is an enjoyable experience for counselors and kids. The most enjoyable parts of my job were my co counselors and my kids.

Want to know more about LEAP?

Ask a question
Leap
Senior Kid Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 20, 2017
Leap was my very first job as a high school student, they work around your hours if needed. I recommend this job to anyone who is a student. At leap SCHOOL is always the first priority
Great Co-Workers, Poor Management
Curriculum Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2017
The consultants at Leap are all fantastic. Learned a lot working there. It is an ongoing consultant position however with no pay increases, no benefits, no job security. In several years- not even one paid day off. For someone who wants a pt job- this can be fun. For someone who wants a career- this is not an option as the management does not care about their workers at all.
Fast paced fun work place
Communications Director, Group Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, MASeptember 24, 2017
This afterschool program is a wonderful place to get started in childcare. Lot's of fun working here but not much for career advancement and you'd probably need a second job. Great for college students, creatives pursuing dreams, or people starting out in the child care field. It is fast-paced and can be stressful when dealing with difficult kids.
Pros
fun, laid back, friendly environment
Cons
very fast paced, dealing with some difficult kids, insufficient hours
LEAP is a great place to work!
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 21, 2017
LEAP is an excellent place to work. The opportunity to work 1:1 with students is refreshing and fun! The staff and management are great! I really enjoy my work!
loved the people I worked with
full time, part time and as an advocate while away (Former Employee) –  Farmington, ME 04938September 19, 2017
I loved the people I worked with, we had fun, we assisted them in meeting their needs, working in the community to reduce barriers and to ensure quality of life for each person we worked with.
Pros
great place to work
low pay no benefits for the teachers
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 31, 2017
they will cut your hours and make you work with little to no supplies for your class. class are small.. have to share toys with other classes along with art supplies
Productive and fun work place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAAugust 15, 2017
Great after school program.Many programs offerd like cooking,chess,music,and dance class.Field trips.Game day.They also have tutoring.we did fundraiers.Food truck day.
Pros
Free snacks and supper.
Cons
Short breaks
Great programs but there is a disconnect between management and other employees
Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
LEAP has a lot of good programs but there is a disconnect in the office between management and other employees. It would be better if everyone worked together.
Gossipy environment but enjoyable with working for clients.
DIRECT CARE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYAugust 14, 2017
I worked overnight shift cleaning the house for clients. Patient support checking in on them and prepared breakfast for clients. Management was nice to work for. The culture was gossipy. Left things during day for night workers. The hardest part of my job was trying not to listen to gossip. The most enjoyable was being with the clients and working for them.
Pros
Helping clients.
Cons
Too much gossip and alot of backbiting.
Daunting and stressful
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 3, 2017
I worked with kids in the development with literacy the job is stressful I was getting paid minimal wage for amouts of work I was doing I was also getting treated unfairly by people and dindt like it so I left in hopes I can find something better
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a