Leapforce Employee Reviews

an online job
search engine elevator (Current Employee) –  usaFebruary 6, 2018
I work from home and I just need to have a laptop and a good internet connection.
I can work whenever I am free. I have learned that which website has a high quality and also is reliable.
Empresa exigente, porém reconhecedora e vanguardista
Avaliador de mídias sociais (Current Employee) –  USADecember 23, 2017
Uma lição pra minha vida profissional.
Uma empresa de vanguarda em termos de trabalho remoto.
Pros
Produtividade
Cons
Exigências
n/a
Quality Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 9, 2017
great people, great environment, great clients. I was treated kindly, my boss and co workers were very helpful and great team players. I really had a great experience working at leapforce, if I could I will go back in a second. leadership was great, I only have words of gratefulness for the opportunity given to me. My working demands (equipment) were completely satisfied.
Pros
great people
Cons
bad coffee
Work from home
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 16, 2017
Nice work from home position. Provided a lot of flexibility on when I worked. Decent pay. Work was very straightforward and easy to complete. Enjoyable to work for.
Easy enough job.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  at homeJuly 8, 2017
The job is pretty easy. You can choose to work on different projects. The one I am on only allows one hour per day, so I wish there were more. Pay is ok, 13.50 for a full hour. Wouldn't depend on it for a main source of income.
Very Tedious
Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAMay 21, 2017
This contract work is very tedious to do for any one that works from home and is a stay at home parent. I am not at liberty to speak in detail, however that was my biggest issue.
Pros
You get to work from home, you make your own schedule.
Cons
Mentally draining
Limited Opportunity
Search Evaluator/ Social Media (Current Employee) –  TelecommutingApril 11, 2017
I have few complaints about my experience at LeapForce. I am fairly compensated for the work and treated well. The one thing that they could do to improve their outcomes would be to significantly increase the feedback loops for evaluators. Infrequent feedback makes it difficult to understand personal progress.
Pros
Flexible, Positive Communication
Cons
Minimal Feedback Loops
Awesome place to work and constantly learn new things.
Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 13, 2016
I love what I do and especially the flexibility that the job offers. The camaraderie shared among the co-workers is amazing and I look forward to logging in everyday. The hardest part of the job is that you have to be very precise and accurate in your evaluations and you must be on top of things/changes always. But I enjoy challenging myself.
Pros
Awesome work culture, Superb Management and Admin, Interesting work
Cons
Steep learning curve
Really great company, highly recommended.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  EuropeNovember 7, 2016
I've been working as an Independent Contractor for 3 years now and I really like it.
It is true that workload varies, but I manage to accrue decent amount of work each month to get a nice salary. Pay per hour is fair.
The job requires self-discipline and probably won't be good for people used to 9-5 jobs with boss always around.

- There isnt any boss, but you get reviewed every month so you have to keep up the good standards, which is a good motivation.
If you have any problem you can email their help-desk and they are always really nice and helpful.

The contracts are only for 6 months, with possibility of renewal, but because of this every you get nervous every half a year.

Having said that, i think that's what our jobs will look like in the nearest future, with offices being more virtual, and it's not a bad idea :)
Pros
you are your own boss, flexible hours, can work from home, fair pay
Cons
if you are very social, you might miss co-workers
Terrible supervisors, unsteady workload
Online rater (Current Employee) –  at homeNovember 2, 2016
The only good thing of working for this company is the freedom that working from home provides. You don't get to know who your supervisor (team manager?) are as they do not use personal names in their emails. I have worked for other online-based companies and Leapforce is the only one that is doing that.

Workload is unsteady and you can get restricted any time. I have managed to juggle with other translating/interpreting work. Currently Leapforce jobs are at the lowest in my priority list.
Great Opportunity to Work from Home
Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) –  HomeAugust 12, 2016
I never thought there were actual work-from-home jobs out there that weren't some sort of scam. Now that I've found Leapforce, I'm so happy! I've been a housewife and mom for so long that it's been hard to get back into the workforce. I've been trying for a couple of years. I went back to school, got a degree, applied for countless jobs, interviewed a million times and was so discouraged. Leapforce is like a beacon of light!

There is a lot of studying involved to learn the job before you even know if you'll be hired. But, if you get a job out of it, it's worth it. At first, it's hard to know if you're doing well, but I got a review every month to gauge my progress. It's discouraging to get a negative review, but i kept plugging away and eventually my scores went up, which allowed me to work more hours per day. After a few months, I can now work as much as I like. There's just a "getting to know you" period where they're reviewing your work, you're learning the job and figuring out how to bill properly until, finally, all is harmonious and you'll work together like a fine-tuned machine.

As far as actual and billable time goes, it evens out eventually as well. At first, I was taking a couple of hours to do a half hours worth of work. It's frustrating when it seems like you're going to get paid for a lot less time than you'll be working. But, after a couple of weeks, I got my rhythm and could work pretty much within the expected time. Now, most of the time I'll finish tasks under time. Also, the longer you work for them, the less time you have to spend learning to do new
  more... types of tasks because there are only so many different types. So, that cuts down on non-billable time also.

I just really enjoy being able to work from home and spend time with my family while doing it. It's great. Leapforce is a godsend as far as I'm concerned.
Pros
Working from home, making your own hours, and getting a paycheck!
Cons
There are none for me!
claim they pay an hourly rate, but really pay by the task
Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2016
Leapforce claims they pay by the hour, but this isn't true, because if you take longer on a task then they feel you should, they will only pay you for the amount of time they believe the job should have taken, not the time you spent.

Not only that, but when you invoice they won't tell you the exact amount of hours they believe the task should have taken, and you have to submit a few times until they break down and tell you what they're willing to pay. I don't know why they have you submit an invoice if they have a set amount they're willing to pay you, it just seems to be a way to make employees lives more difficult.

Before starting, you have to read a tremendous amount of information to learn what they want, and they are very picky so you have to keep rechecking that information, so if I count all the time I spent on that and on the tasks I think I got maybe $4 an hour in the one month I worked for leapforce. And that's without doing the unpaid practice sessions they also encourage you to do. I suppose one gets quicker over time, but I doubt many people make what the company claims to pay.

This approach to compensation is very dishonest. If you pay by the task, just say that, and tell people what they're getting.
Pros
work from home
Cons
poor compensation, misrepresentation, demand for free labor, pointless invoice system
Work at Home Search Engine Evaluation
Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2016
This job was very flexible. I did not report to a boss yet it gave me the self motivation to continue to work hard. My only coworker were available via chat.
Make your own hours
Independent Contracting Agent (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIMarch 24, 2016
You can make your own hours, but the work is very sporadic. This could be a great second job that only requires a couple hours of you time here and there. The feedback is at times vague. It may be hard to understand why you're being marked down for your scoring, making it harder to correct the mistakes.
Great employment
Independent Contractor- Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Anywhere with wifiFebruary 17, 2016
Excellent for those with hectic schedules. As long as you do a good job you should be able to hang around. Hardest part of the job is having the self discipline to work from home and set your own hours.
Recruiter
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 2, 2015
-full cycle recruitment for various clients within the bay area while
ensuring a positive candidate experience!

- I work with an excellent team!
Urban Lending
Google Rater Agent (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 2, 2015
Not a dream job, but the pay is not bad. The management is rather draconian and the culture is not the best for over achievers.
Great to work from home but hard to get paid
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2015
I worked for Leapforce for a few months but their aren't enough projects to make a sustainable income. The work is first come, first serve.
Pros
Great learning experience, work from home
Cons
Pay schedule, independently contracted work, not enough work.
Stay far away
Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2015
This place is terrible. All of the negative reviews are true and I would never recommend this place to anyone. The part about working from home quickly loses its glamor after the first day.
Pros
You set your own hours.
Cons
Everything about this job is a con.
If you like working for free, then this is the place for you
Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee) –  U.SFebruary 6, 2015
After 2 weeks of logging hours, I was diligent to make sure that I logged out every time and stopped the stopwatch on my Iphone when I took a break or had to read their lengthy instructions at the beginning of each new task. In other words, you are not paid while reading their instructions on how to complete the task but that's OK since this was disclosed up front.

I submitted my first time card for the month of January for 19 hours and they kicked it back stating that I was 53% of productivity. Meaning, they wanted me to revise my time card from 19 hours to 10 hours. I refused and sent it back to them with a note and they kicked it back to me and then locked my account for "productivity" which
means they will not assign me any more tasks until I revise my time card. I've already advised of my intent to discontinue my contract and to pay me what I am owed. I will update this review pending the outcome.

What really annoys me is that after working the first 2 days which exceeded 2 hours a day when I was told that I will be receiving an hour of work a day, I emailed support asking them if I'm spending too much time or, am I receiving more work than anticipated. They told me they can't tell me that until "after I've submitted the invoice
for the month" so You have to work the entire month to only find out that they will not honor your hours.

I can understand a little discrepancy but 9 hours? That's completely absurd. I recorded the time honestly, accurately and fairly. Many times when given a task, you need to do additional research simply to understand the search
  more... engine query. They even tell you to research queries that you're not familiar with because they emphasize quality above all. They also insist on copious detailed notes with explanations along with your ratings evals so I don't see how you can maintain any measure of quality based on the time constraints placed on you. Furthermore, none of this is explained to you upfront as they are advertising an hourly rate of $13.50.

I am not sure how any of this is legal as you are categorized as a 1099 independent contractor but if you read what the DOL states about independent contractors, the employer cannot direct the means or the manner for how you the contractor will perform the work just the result but clearly this is what Leapforce does.

so if you decide to try this work from home opportunity, proceed with caution and expect to work 30% - 50% of your hours on your own time. In the end, you're not earning $13.50/hr but closer to $7.00 hr which is below the Federal minimum wage. Unemployment pays better than that!

Advice to Management:
Revise the estimated time to complete tasks as they are clearly un-attainable or, disclose the hours and number of tasks upfront you are willing to pay per assignment so the contractor knows if they are willing to proceed. To be blunt, stop cheating people out of their money.
Pros
Can work your own hours but then again, since you will be cheated out of income you rightfully worked for, you might as well collect unemployment because it pays better.
Cons
Your real hourly wage is closer to $7/hr not $13.50 as they would have you believe.