Leapforce Employee Reviews

I love working for this company
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXDecember 10, 2018
I've been struggling for quite some time with agoraphobia and Leapforce/Appen has allowed me to work while I also take time for my mental health. So far I've only worked one project but I have been qualified for multiple.
Pros
work at home, flexible schedule, multiple projects
Cons
not enough pay for a full time job, takes a while to receive pay, payoneer method is not convenient
No Pay Raises in 10 Years
Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2018
Leapforce became Raterlabs, which was bought out by Appen in 2017. Work is stressful with monthly reviews, poor reviews means getting terminated or work put on hold. Little communication with mgt. since Appen took over, new employees report even lower wages offered ($9/hr instead of $13). No raises in 10 years, which means the company has very poor negotiating skills. Work used to be 40 hours a week, now is 26 to avoid paying out health insurance.
Pros
Flexible work from home
Cons
No pay raises since the company began 10 years ago
Unpredictable work, but good as a side job.
Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Austin TXAugust 20, 2018
Pay isn't fantastic, and work can be unpredictable. Good as a secondary source of income, however. Management is variable - mostly helpful and friendly, but you might find yourself restricted from working with little or no notice - due to sometimes minor errors in your work.
Leapforce Work at home
Ads rater (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 23, 2018
I completed 1 contract for leapforce. They have been acquired by Appen. My endeavors to get more work from them have been poor due to training issues.

My biggest issue is the training is virtually non-existent. They give guidelines and more or less say have at. No guidance whatsoever. Not sure if they have better training available for the workers at their facility and keep the work at home training poor to keep those workers out.
Cons
they offer nothing
Good work from home job
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 26, 2018
I found this job to be good as I got to work when I was able to. I would have liked more hours but that is my only complaint. I enjoyed the job itself and would love to work there again.
an online job
search engine elevator (Current Employee) –  usaFebruary 6, 2018
I work from home and I just need to have a laptop and a good internet connection.
I can work whenever I am free. I have learned that which website has a high quality and also is reliable.
Empresa exigente, porém reconhecedora e vanguardista
Avaliador de mídias sociais (Current Employee) –  USADecember 23, 2017
Uma lição pra minha vida profissional.
Uma empresa de vanguarda em termos de trabalho remoto.
Pros
Produtividade
Cons
Exigências
n/a
Quality Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 9, 2017
great people, great environment, great clients. I was treated kindly, my boss and co workers were very helpful and great team players. I really had a great experience working at leapforce, if I could I will go back in a second. leadership was great, I only have words of gratefulness for the opportunity given to me. My working demands (equipment) were completely satisfied.
Pros
great people
Cons
bad coffee
Worked from home so little interaction with the company
Web Search Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Work from homeAugust 3, 2017
The job was from my home so I am not able to evaluate the company management. The work provided was interesting and the compensation good. Occasionally work was not available but that was rare.
Work from home
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 16, 2017
Nice work from home position. Provided a lot of flexibility on when I worked. Decent pay. Work was very straightforward and easy to complete. Enjoyable to work for.
Easy enough job.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  at homeJuly 8, 2017
The job is pretty easy. You can choose to work on different projects. The one I am on only allows one hour per day, so I wish there were more. Pay is ok, 13.50 for a full hour. Wouldn't depend on it for a main source of income.
Very Tedious
Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAMay 21, 2017
This contract work is very tedious to do for any one that works from home and is a stay at home parent. I am not at liberty to speak in detail, however that was my biggest issue.
Pros
You get to work from home, you make your own schedule.
Cons
Mentally draining
Limited Opportunity
Search Evaluator/ Social Media (Current Employee) –  TelecommutingApril 11, 2017
I have few complaints about my experience at LeapForce. I am fairly compensated for the work and treated well. The one thing that they could do to improve their outcomes would be to significantly increase the feedback loops for evaluators. Infrequent feedback makes it difficult to understand personal progress.
Pros
Flexible, Positive Communication
Cons
Minimal Feedback Loops
Awesome place to work and constantly learn new things.
Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 13, 2016
I love what I do and especially the flexibility that the job offers. The camaraderie shared among the co-workers is amazing and I look forward to logging in everyday. The hardest part of the job is that you have to be very precise and accurate in your evaluations and you must be on top of things/changes always. But I enjoy challenging myself.
Pros
Awesome work culture, Superb Management and Admin, Interesting work
Cons
Steep learning curve
Really great company, highly recommended.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  EuropeNovember 7, 2016
I've been working as an Independent Contractor for 3 years now and I really like it.
It is true that workload varies, but I manage to accrue decent amount of work each month to get a nice salary. Pay per hour is fair.
The job requires self-discipline and probably won't be good for people used to 9-5 jobs with boss always around.

- There isnt any boss, but you get reviewed every month so you have to keep up the good standards, which is a good motivation.
If you have any problem you can email their help-desk and they are always really nice and helpful.

The contracts are only for 6 months, with possibility of renewal, but because of this every you get nervous every half a year.

Having said that, i think that's what our jobs will look like in the nearest future, with offices being more virtual, and it's not a bad idea :)
Pros
you are your own boss, flexible hours, can work from home, fair pay
Cons
if you are very social, you might miss co-workers
Terrible supervisors, unsteady workload
Online rater (Current Employee) –  at homeNovember 2, 2016
The only good thing of working for this company is the freedom that working from home provides. You don't get to know who your supervisor (team manager?) are as they do not use personal names in their emails. I have worked for other online-based companies and Leapforce is the only one that is doing that.

Workload is unsteady and you can get restricted any time. I have managed to juggle with other translating/interpreting work. Currently Leapforce jobs are at the lowest in my priority list.
Great Opportunity to Work from Home
Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) –  HomeAugust 12, 2016
I never thought there were actual work-from-home jobs out there that weren't some sort of scam. Now that I've found Leapforce, I'm so happy! I've been a housewife and mom for so long that it's been hard to get back into the workforce. I've been trying for a couple of years. I went back to school, got a degree, applied for countless jobs, interviewed a million times and was so discouraged. Leapforce is like a beacon of light!

There is a lot of studying involved to learn the job before you even know if you'll be hired. But, if you get a job out of it, it's worth it. At first, it's hard to know if you're doing well, but I got a review every month to gauge my progress. It's discouraging to get a negative review, but i kept plugging away and eventually my scores went up, which allowed me to work more hours per day. After a few months, I can now work as much as I like. There's just a "getting to know you" period where they're reviewing your work, you're learning the job and figuring out how to bill properly until, finally, all is harmonious and you'll work together like a fine-tuned machine.

As far as actual and billable time goes, it evens out eventually as well. At first, I was taking a couple of hours to do a half hours worth of work. It's frustrating when it seems like you're going to get paid for a lot less time than you'll be working. But, after a couple of weeks, I got my rhythm and could work pretty much within the expected time. Now, most of the time I'll finish tasks under time. Also, the longer you work for them, the less time you have to spend learning to do new
  more... types of tasks because there are only so many different types. So, that cuts down on non-billable time also.

I just really enjoy being able to work from home and spend time with my family while doing it. It's great. Leapforce is a godsend as far as I'm concerned.
Pros
Working from home, making your own hours, and getting a paycheck!
Cons
There are none for me!
claim they pay an hourly rate, but really pay by the task
Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2016
Leapforce claims they pay by the hour, but this isn't true, because if you take longer on a task then they feel you should, they will only pay you for the amount of time they believe the job should have taken, not the time you spent.

Not only that, but when you invoice they won't tell you the exact amount of hours they believe the task should have taken, and you have to submit a few times until they break down and tell you what they're willing to pay. I don't know why they have you submit an invoice if they have a set amount they're willing to pay you, it just seems to be a way to make employees lives more difficult.

Before starting, you have to read a tremendous amount of information to learn what they want, and they are very picky so you have to keep rechecking that information, so if I count all the time I spent on that and on the tasks I think I got maybe $4 an hour in the one month I worked for leapforce. And that's without doing the unpaid practice sessions they also encourage you to do. I suppose one gets quicker over time, but I doubt many people make what the company claims to pay.

This approach to compensation is very dishonest. If you pay by the task, just say that, and tell people what they're getting.
Pros
work from home
Cons
poor compensation, misrepresentation, demand for free labor, pointless invoice system
Work at Home Search Engine Evaluation
Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2016
This job was very flexible. I did not report to a boss yet it gave me the self motivation to continue to work hard. My only coworker were available via chat.
Make your own hours
Independent Contracting Agent (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIMarch 24, 2016
You can make your own hours, but the work is very sporadic. This could be a great second job that only requires a couple hours of you time here and there. The feedback is at times vague. It may be hard to understand why you're being marked down for your scoring, making it harder to correct the mistakes.