Leapforce

Leapforce Pay & Benefits reviews

Convenience of working from home.
This job was nice, mostly because of it's flexibility. Tasks were short, and were added up at the end of the employment period. Therefore, you have to have lots of tasks to make a decent paycheck.
The company is fine to work for.
A good job work at home. Provides flexible hours. What's a good company to work for if you want part-time money coming in. If you're not looking for full-time employment number to make a little extra cash is a good company to reach out to you.
Flexible
The jobs was flexible and paying is good. I was as Search Engine Evaluator and Social Media Evaluator. I really enjoyed it. The only problem is that you might be remove from the projecr whenever they want. Therefore, you wouldn't know how long you'll be on the project since there is no duration in the contract.
Pros
Flexible and competitive salary
Cons
Strict policy and quite hard to be qualified for a project
good for side money, not actual work
its a good place if you want a little extra side money. wouldnt recommend if you need a actual full time job since the max youu can work is an hour a day
Pros
work from home
Cons
barely any jobs offered
Not bad
Decent company to work for from home. If any problems arise you can just email them and they're pretty quick to respond. Never had any issues and the pay was decent considering the work.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Tedious work
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I love working for this company
I've been struggling for quite some time with agoraphobia and Leapforce/Appen has allowed me to work while I also take time for my mental health. So far I've only worked one project but I have been qualified for multiple.
Pros
work at home, flexible schedule, multiple projects
Cons
not enough pay for a full time job, takes a while to receive pay, payoneer method is not convenient
No Pay Raises in 10 Years
Leapforce became Raterlabs, which was bought out by Appen in 2017. Work is stressful with monthly reviews, poor reviews means getting terminated or work put on hold. Little communication with mgt. since Appen took over, new employees report even lower wages offered ($9/hr instead of $13). No raises in 10 years, which means the company has very poor negotiating skills. Work used to be 40 hours a week, now is 26 to avoid paying out health insurance.
Pros
Flexible work from home
Cons
No pay raises since the company began 10 years ago
Unpredictable work, but good as a side job.
Pay isn't fantastic, and work can be unpredictable. Good as a secondary source of income, however. Management is variable - mostly helpful and friendly, but you might find yourself restricted from working with little or no notice - due to sometimes minor errors in your work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Leapforce?
an online job
I work from home and I just need to have a laptop and a good internet connection.
I can work whenever I am free. I have learned that which website has a high quality and also is reliable.
Worked from home so little interaction with the company
The job was from my home so I am not able to evaluate the company management. The work provided was interesting and the compensation good. Occasionally work was not available but that was rare.
Work from home
Nice work from home position. Provided a lot of flexibility on when I worked. Decent pay. Work was very straightforward and easy to complete. Enjoyable to work for.
Easy enough job.
The job is pretty easy. You can choose to work on different projects. The one I am on only allows one hour per day, so I wish there were more. Pay is ok, 13.50 for a full hour. Wouldn't depend on it for a main source of income.
Really great company, highly recommended.
I've been working as an Independent Contractor for 3 years now and I really like it.
It is true that workload varies, but I manage to accrue decent amount of work each month to get a nice salary. Pay per hour is fair.
The job requires self-discipline and probably won't be good for people used to 9-5 jobs with boss always around.

- There isnt any boss, but you get reviewed every month so you have to keep up the good standards, which is a good motivation.

If you have any problem you can email their help-desk and they are always really nice and helpful.

The contracts are only for 6 months, with possibility of renewal, but because of this every you get nervous every half a year.

Having said that, i think that's what our jobs will look like in the nearest future, with offices being more virtual, and it's not a bad idea :)
Pros
you are your own boss, flexible hours, can work from home, fair pay
Cons
if you are very social, you might miss co-workers
Terrible supervisors, unsteady workload
The only good thing of working for this company is the freedom that working from home provides. You don't get to know who your supervisor (team manager?) are as they do not use personal names in their emails. I have worked for other online-based companies and Leapforce is the only one that is doing that.

Workload is unsteady and you can get restricted any time. I have managed to juggle with other translating/interpreting work. Currently Leapforce jobs are at the lowest in my priority list.
claim they pay an hourly rate, but really pay by the task
Leapforce claims they pay by the hour, but this isn't true, because if you take longer on a task then they feel you should, they will only pay you for the amount of time they believe the job should have taken, not the time you spent.

Not only that, but when you invoice they won't tell you the exact amount of hours they believe the task should have taken, and you have to submit a few times until they break down and tell you what they're willing to pay. I don't know why they have you submit an invoice if they have a set amount they're willing to pay you, it just seems to be a way to make employees lives more difficult.

Before starting, you have to read a tremendous amount of information to learn what they want, and they are very picky so you have to keep rechecking that information, so if I count all the time I spent on that and on the tasks I think I got maybe $4 an hour in the one month I worked for leapforce. And that's without doing the unpaid practice sessions they also encourage you to do. I suppose one gets quicker over time, but I doubt many people make what the company claims to pay.

This approach to compensation is very dishonest. If you pay by the task, just say that, and tell people what they're getting.
Pros
work from home
Cons
poor compensation, misrepresentation, demand for free labor, pointless invoice system
Great employment
Excellent for those with hectic schedules. As long as you do a good job you should be able to hang around. Hardest part of the job is having the self discipline to work from home and set your own hours.
Great to work from home but hard to get paid
I worked for Leapforce for a few months but their aren't enough projects to make a sustainable income. The work is first come, first serve.
Pros
Great learning experience, work from home
Cons
Pay schedule, independently contracted work, not enough work.
There is some versatility to being a private contractor for LeapForce
Leapforce has provided excellent communication and training, and made the process of collaborating with other Analysts very easy. However I really miss actually seeing and working with my coworkers in person on a daily basis. Working from home does provide a lot of perks, but the stability of having a sort of home away from home in an actual office rather than a virtual office is much more appealing. This also provides a stable and steady work flow as well as benefits.
It must be said though that LeapForce has been one of the most cutting edge companies that I've worked for. This position has made me so much more aware of how many more options are available to us in research and communications which have already made me a much more efficient and versatile personality.
Pros
Many perks and versatility; excellent pay when work is high, options for overtime at certain times of year.
Cons
Disconnect from normality of coworkers, stable work flow, requires dedications and personal discipline.
Great work at home option with flexible schedule.
LeapForce is 100% dynamic in that you can work at any time that you like, as long as there are tasks to be completed. It's honestly rare to log on and be greeted with no tasks. The work does require some reading in order to fully understand, but not too much. Once you get into the swing of things, it's not so bad. The pay is decent, but you're paid monthly on a dynamic pay schedule. Meaning that you never know exactly what day you will receive your money. I feel it's a great supplementary option/
Flexible working hours
good pay for flexible working hours. Good for short time income source.
Flexible schedule. Home office.
This a work from home position that allows for a very flexible schedule