Lear Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 655 reviews matching the search See all 1,871 reviews
Stressful work environment with little respect/appreciation for a strong work ethic.
205 production (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALMay 24, 2019
I would not recommend this company. A lot of favoritism and discrimination goes on here. Eapecially on 1st shift. The supervisor will do what she wants and will order you to do things outside of your job description. When you are racially and verbally harrassed, she will take the side of her seasoned employee with experience over the person actually being harrassed and discriminated against.
Pros
Nice break area
Cons
Bossy leaders, mean co-workers, favoritism, discrimination, and harassment.
Great managed company
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2019
Fast paced JIT work environment. Management strict but fair if you can keep up. Union shop with decent wage. Dealing with high paced work sometime stressful when production is behind.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Fast paced
Inspector
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 14, 2019
Inspection all parts making sure everything is working properly . making sure all seats are locked in position. Normally three breaks are giving during work
Workplace Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 14, 2019
No support for management. No training and development for employees. Not a good place for minorities and women to advance and/or work at all.
Lear
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INMay 14, 2019
Lear is a great place to work but there are no advancement opportunities. The salary is not competitive. The employees are good overall. Even the union is pretty strong.
Productive and Fast Pace
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 13, 2019
Loved working at Lear and don't think I'll ever find another job like it again. Opportunities to grow with great pay and benefits. Management was great as well.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
30 minute lunches
Productive n friendly
Production (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALMay 13, 2019
Lear is a great place to work..I recommend anyone to work at Lear..We did seats for Mercedes..The pace is very face n we have to get those seats out in a timely matter.
Pros
Great benefits..Job security
Cons
Unexpected longer work hours
knowledgeable
Material Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INMay 12, 2019
I have learned so much about being a great Manager and working under pressure. I want to utilize my knowledge and experience with a company that offers growth.
A lot of pros but still an "Old boys club"
Trim Engineer, Automotive Seating (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 10, 2019
I love my co-workers at Lear Corporation, the benefits are incredible, and I enjoy my work but there are some major cultural issues. No merit-based raises so you will never get more than 3% a year, no matter how hard you work. It can be difficult to make a change because a lot of management is stuck in their ways. Great benefits though, "flexible" schedule if your manager is on board with it, and the people are amazing.
Pros
Benefits, flexible schedule, good amount of PTO, relaxed dress code
Cons
Old boys club, no reward for hard work, hit-or-miss middle management
Stressful not worth it
Assambly/ sub assambly (Former Employee) –  Hammond, IN portage inMay 4, 2019
I worked on Hammond side and portage side before they we're n one building I can say this is the WORST MANAGEMENT AT ITS FINEST! They have supervisors that don't know anything do not do anything besides staying there this place is a joke.mayb if they got got rid of the contractors (want to be supervisors) and got someone n there that new something there might be hope
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Fast Paced Hostile environment
Receiving Coordinator Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INMay 2, 2019
Hostile environment between hourly and salary due to poor management communication.It would not be a bad work place if management could communicate and figure out what they need to happen.
It's like being back in high school .no management communication monetary benefits definitely not enough but medical is great
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Portage, INMay 1, 2019
Best thing to do is do your job no extra cause it's not appreciated and union does not earn there money so keep your head down do your job and get out
Pros
Medical benefits and overtime at times
Cons
Management terrible communication terrible. And is like high school with the coworkers
Great fun experiments
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 24, 2019
It was layed back peaceful calm pay good and had a good work environment.. good Hands-On training work environment it's cool Fair management. The HR department stay on top of things clean safe environment
Productive work, but in all reality it is a big drama facility.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Roscommon, MIApril 23, 2019
Productive, but not fun work place. Days can be long, 12 hr shifts hiring in, HR representatives do nothing but lie. They claim to be more about Quality and safety, but as long as you get numbers they don't care.I have seen them just send bad seats out the door because "They needed to get them out" it is honestly a horrible workplace.
Pros
Cheap insurance
Cons
The fact that HR reps can't be truthful, and the fact that they do not care about anything except for the money that is put in their pocket.
Place for opportunity’s
Release Engineer (Engineer I-Core Wire) (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 22, 2019
Normal days can go slow but sometimes can go fast, you can learn a lot from the supervisor, management keeps attention for all the costumers. sometimes people can be the hardest but is one thing that you learn who to deal.
Pros
Half Friday
Cons
People
Great company to work for
SENIOR QUALITY RESIDENT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 19, 2019
I loved working for Lear, I was allowed to do my job in the way I thought it should be done and I developed a lot of great relationships within the company and with the customers I worked for. Lear has great pay and benefits for its employees.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hours.
Cons
The hardest part of the job
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  MexicoApril 18, 2019
In Mexico office employees are required to work long hrs, being on time is a must, but if you need to leave by the end of the shift your supervisor might be against it.
Fast paced
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALApril 11, 2019
Fast paced great evironment to work in. Great management. Great pay. Great training. They care about their employees by making sure they have what they need to do the job.
Pros
Great hours
Great Workplace
Factory Laborer (Former Employee) –  Portage, INApril 10, 2019
Lear workplace culture is so organized & everything is fast-paced at all times. Management handled things correctly whenever there was a problem so I loved it
Pros
High Pay/Easy Work
taught me
MATERIAL HANDLER/PRESS OPERATOR/SHIPPING (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIApril 4, 2019
I learned a lot about factory life. The pay was little but the insurance
to was ok. Respect is good not great. The hours were perfect 7 to 3:30 and shift overlapped.
Pros
insurance
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lear Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight