LEAR

United States103 reviews

LEAR insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction

Live there!

Management is more concerned about stabbing each other in the back to advance! No family life no sick time off. The union cares more management than it's members. Retired after 21 years so it wasn't all bad.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

No family time

Low pay

Lear has the lowest paying scale! It’s a sweat box! The jobs there are very hard. Supervisor have no respect for there employees! You get promoted by who you know! Team leads are lazy.

Pros

You can work a lot of overtime

Cons

Low pay

A Terrible Job. Look Elsewhere.

Lear does not pay enough to justify the amount of work you have to do there. As an assembler I sometimes run as many as 8 presses at one time. I've heard stories from other employees about people running 9 or more presses at one time. That is to much work for one person, but if you complain nothing is done about it. Management doesn't care and the union doesn't do anything. It's true that sometimes there is barely anything to do, but you never know what you are doing until you show up. It could be a slow shift, a normal shift, or a crazy shift that completely wears you out.Whoever decides who does what on a shift doesn't actually go out on the floor and see how much work it actually is to run some of these machines. Certain presses are considered to be "easy" to run mathematically speaking, but actually running the press is a lot of work. The judgement was made by someone in an office who probably has never touched a press beforeThe pay is far too low, especially considering the amount of work I sometimes have to do. Other places are offering $3 or $4 an hour more, so no one is applying to Lear. That leaves us short staffed, which of course makes everyone unhappy. People keep saying "Oh they will get more people". But who is applying? Everyone there seems unhappy. Even employees who've been there a long time seem unhappy with the place.Lets talk about weekends. When I hired in they said I might work an occasional Saturday as mandatory overtime. I said that sounds fine. But it is every weekend. Other departments work 7 days a week. That's insane! How -

Pros

Good health insurance.

Cons

Low pay, Uneven workload, Mandatory overtime, Short breaks, Poor management.

Production

The good thing is getting all holidays off. Most weekends. The time we shutdown for July and Christmas breaks. The bad thing is the usual. Management. The team leaders. Just some of the people in general.

Leads show favoritism and let problem employees run the line , No authority

Lear is concerned only with the number of seats that are to be built each day. I understand "production " but this company does not care at all about their employees. It's impossible to get vacation time and the Lead positions are filled with Grown men that have select favorites that they cater to, people they are afraid to make do their job.These people have positions that they have no clue how to manage. It's like being in grammar school for grown up folks

Pros

Killing yourself for half decent money

Cons

No rotating for most, 10 minute breaks twice for 12 hour shifts, Lead employees do not care about anything related to employees

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Ambiente de trabajo muy bueno

La empresa es muy buena la gente trabaja tranquila es una empresa que se fija mucho en sus empleado

Proud

Great we get the job done everyone get alone with each other people love working there cause I know I love working there with respectfully honest and loyal

No communation

This place is an ok job for young people but not a forever job don't get stuck here. There are better companies out there that don't show favoritism towards employees.

Pros

Nice break room

Cons

Breaks too close together, they dont care about there employees

Violent

Anything you can get on the street, you can get inside Lear! Drugs, Domestic violence, wh---s, and etc. It's all there. Upper management in inappropriate relationships with other office support members such as HR generalists.

This was really different I've never applied like this before

I'm very interested in this company and I'm excited to get started on this new adventure working for Lear was very exciting as well seeing your finish accomplishment driving down the street I feel as though my job is very important to make sure that the customers are safe as well

Lear

They trying to the specification they help you understand critical thinking problems that what's far difficult they helped to create appointment and opportunity for you to grow with programs

Ehh.. Its okay

Job isn't hard.. But the assembly is rough on your hands. Management is good, but the people aren't. It's a lot of drama. Like your in high school all over again.

Can be a stable place to work

Lear is a contractor for BMW, they bill BMW and Volvo seats. They have about 5 or 6 different production lines so you have the opportunity to learn and multi-task and train others as you learn.

Good Job

I liked working for Lear with the benefits you got once making it to the union. And the shift hours are convient if you might have kids or something to do during the day.

Didnt want to quit my job there. Health said other wise

In the time I worked for lear, I still till this day considered a great employee. I hired in pregnant with sec ok and child. I worked full time and many 12 hour shifts. Auto seats are high in demand.

Production line team member

Work on assembly line and assemble seats for for cars at a high rate of speed. Also work in quality and run test on seats and make sure they are properly assembled before they are shipped out.

Lear is a great place to work and would recommend to others.It offers good benefits and pay. Employees work a lot of hours but the work environment makes up for working so much.

Todo muy bien

Pues se trabaja bien se tiene un buen ambiente laboral

Overall a mess.

Great coworkers....but HR never took anything serious. Pay sucked, team leaders weren't helpful. Neither were the group leaders. Stress was at an all time high.

Favoritism

It's to much like high school all over again. Way to much drama and the only way to have a real chance at advancement in the company or even true job security is being related to a supervisor or superintendent, being in some form of relationship with one of them. The union is very soft and mainly sides with the company over the union members.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, low paying for type of work, disrespectful management

It's income, what do you want to know?

Mandatory overtime should be against the law, pay should be higher, the company needs to realize that people work to live, not live to work, high turnover rate

Pros

Paid breaks & lunches

Cons

Monotinous boring work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEAR. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare LEAR with