Learn It Systems

Working at Learn It Systems: 72 Learn It Systems Reviews

United States72 reviews

Learn It Systems insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Great team environment, training provided

Great team environment, training provided. The work is clear-cut, and overall enjoyable. It does, however, require lots of patience, understanding of others, an open-minded attitude and a desire to learn.

Pros

training provided, good team environment

Cons

challenging, as you work with troubled kids

Poor management that sets new people up to fail

Terrible place to work if you have minimal experience. Be careful if you agree to work here and you don't have much experience (with very very low pay). Learned Behavioral' s poor training and lack of guidance will very likely set you up to fail. You could look bad - when in actuality - it's the company's short sighted training and mentoring program that is to blame. If this company chooses to save on costs and hire employees with minimal experience (with low, low pay), then they must invest in a better mentoring program. Otherwise this company will continue to waste time and money on employees that will fail and make the company look bad. Shame on this place for hiring young, ambitious people who want to do a good job and end up looking looking incompetent and feeling miserable because of poor training and communication. You get what you pay for. If you want better quality (without having to train well) - then hire someone with more experience and better pay. The behavioral health field is a challenging field to work in. Families pay a lot of money for you. Quality training and good management is a must. $13 an hour with one week of training for new hires with no experience working with special needs kids is NOT ENOUGH (and in my opinion - if the families knew you were cutting corners with your hiring and training - you would not be in business).

Pros

Flexible/Good place to start (to move somewhere else)

Cons

Low pay/sub par training/short sighted management goals

I was a great time for me.

My experience with learn was great. Learn it open a lot doors for me. The training I receive will go on with me forever. Is so sad this company left is been over 7 years and I still remember my first day. I enjoy every min I spend there. I wish there was another before after care around that really care about there students still today. I was able to grow in life because of it

Pros

Everything was great

Cons

There nothing i can say it was wrong with the job.

I had the opportunity to work after school hours helping with homework and tutoring.

It was helping kids after school hours doing homework and expanding their skills and tutoring them so they can have better grades. Most students had no help at home and needed lot of help. It was wonderful experience.

Classroom is fine, but lots of off-hours work

The kids at my school are very well behaved, respectful. It is a pleasure to work with them. I get to serve them one-on-one and in small groups, which helps them a lot.. There are also helpful and supportive teachers here. I am not crazy about the paperwork, which can be overwhelming and requires a lot of time off hours. If you can deal with that, otherwise pretty good.

Pros

There's some flexibility in setting hours

Cons

LOTS of paperwork

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Rewarding but Stressful

Learn It is an overall great company to work for if you enjoy improving the lives of children with intellectual disabilities. It is a very stressful job at times so you need to be able to handle that well. Support from management and higher ups can be difficult and a lot of times, feels non existent. There seemed to be a lot of favoritism when it came to moving up in the company instead of fair review of all employees. The ED classrooms seemed to always be more favored. Be careful to not handle crisis of students on your own and speak up if the coworkers in your classroom are avoiding helping, although it probably will do no good.

Learn IT Systems is ideal for building entrepreneurs

My time at Learn It Systems was vital to my career growth. It is a great company that encourages innovation and outside the box thinking. I recommend Learn IT Systems to someone who is looking to build their own business.

Good company to work part time especially for retired teachers

It is a good environment and the program is challenging. It requires good knowledge of all levels of Math and disposition and commitment to work with struggling math students.

Great team

Overall the staff was friendly and helpful. The senior team cares about the children they serve. They were working on better the benefits program and doing a good job of that.

Excellent Leadership, and Preparation

The classes were small, structured well, and the feedback was very helpful. The pay was adequate for a partime side job. However, it would not be easy to earn a living off of such small pay.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Learn It Systems?

Excellent for a side job

Working with Learn It was excellent for what I needed at the time. Hours were negotiable, classes were easily conducted, the platform was exceedingly adaptable, and management was professional and approachable.

Good job if looking for part time only!

It is a good job if you are strictly looking for part time. They do not want full timers working there. They are very reluctant when it comes to giving raises.

company who really focused and helping the youth

Learn it gave me the experience to develop as a leader and run an entire program in the state of NJ. Gave me the ability to build new relationships and make a difference.

Family Work Environment

Working for Learnit was great. It was an outsourced Special Education it was faced paced as newly Identified student. Management was easy to work with and extremely professional. The most enjoyable part of this position was being able to co-teach in the 5th grade classroom, being able to build lasting relationships with students and faculty as well as parents. The hardest part of the position was the lack of professional development relevant to special education.

No Life System

As a program supervisor this was the worse company I have ever been employed by. In my experience and gatherings many other supervisors complaints we were overworked and not fairly paid, not receiving promised bonuses, and dealt with unprofessional senior management. As a salaried program supervisor, Iwork more than 8 hours on most days. Management would have to approve you prior to receiving overtime pay and most likely she would request you to change your hours to total 40 hours. Therefore, you will not be paid for overtime. During your interview and on board process you are informed about an annual bonus. Luckily I knew we would not receive one. Their explanation given is because the owner of the company did not make his required millions. So basically, he keeps your share regardless of your hard work it goes overlooked. Lastly, the senior management and a couple directors and executives who oversees the program managers discredits your efforts, imposes impossible expectations for one person’s ability and riddles with negative connotations. In my region, I was discredited due to racial undertones from a couple of the stakeholders. Unfortunately, senior management will not support you or be in your defense for obvious monetary reasons. In conclusion, this is a horrible company to work for. You are highly overworked, underpaid and unappreciated if your role is positioned below senior management.

Pros

Your own time management

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, unappreciated

Jcm review for learn it

It was a one year project management job. I hired about 6 people and we recruited students for tutoring. It was great. Also, that helping is the focus not monies.

Pros

Flexible hours and meet parents of students

Cons

Hot days and recruting were challenging

Good company to work for

The hardest part of the job was being undercut by a competitive contractor. Even though Learn It managed from out of state, they understood the culture of its out of state employees and valued their service

Very productive and fast paced work environment

Very productive and fast paced work environment. The jobs was a very high paced position that kept the team on out of town trips talking to different administrators in varying school systems. Each out of town visit was a learning experience

Pros

Traveling out of town

Cons

The payscale did not increase on a regular basis.

Just a job

Basic work environment and common work space. Would not work there again doe to lack of employee and management integrity. Not a principal-based workplace in my opinion.

Unorganized

Not the place to be as it is not a place for career advancement, but working with children is always rewarding. Some of the kids come from low income families, which made it difficult to inspire.

Pros

Working with children

Cons

poor organization skills for staff

Desert Choice Special Education Teacher

The program is written well and in theory, the idea is great. The problem is the lack of support to implement and teach the program and academics. During interviews much was stated regarding support and training. However, in actuality, there is not much of either one. If you’re looking for a place outside of public education please know there is not much difference from a traditional school, except as a teacher with Desert Choice you have zero plan time or lunch which makes collaborating and planning extremely tough. Overall, the significant challenging needs of the designated student population, career expectations, and lack of time do not allow for professional or student success. The highest administrators/directors appear to be out of touch with the day to day operations and it’s unfortunate. The definition of the partnership between the schools is unclear which can create confusion and frustration.

Pros

Helping students, ratio of adults to students

Cons

Lack of support, unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Learn It Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Learn It Systems