Learning Services Employee Reviews

Very busy place to work
Life Skill Trainer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2018
Detailed, fun, informative for those who are not familiar with brain injuries. LS can be challenging but rewarding. A pleasure to see clients prosper.
Pros
plenty of activities, outings, family time on campus and away
Cons
Can become short staffed at times
Learning services
Cleaning, laundry, Data entry, and ADL's (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 30, 2018
I loved working here the patients were amazing and i loved working woth every pne one of them.
The staff was friendly and loved to help modivate u to do ur best.
great job to work for
2nd Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 23, 2018
great job to work for with good clients. Love taking care of people cause i may need same one day. You have to have the heart and mind to deal with certain people that have brain injury and just put in your mind that could be you.
Pros
treat clients good
Cons
staffing issues
No longer in Lexington
Life Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 10, 2017
This company was absorbed into another company here in Lexington that does the same thing/ This company was great they just didn't last long in lexington but have other businesses through out the US.
Life Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 26, 2017
Learning new skills is good. They have you do some good training there. Very quiet, good environment. All tough to see some of the residents but I recommend working there.
Beautiful campus,
Program Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 22, 2017
Management has unrealistic expectations of the nurse. No director of nursing. No true knowledge of the nurses role. Not a medical focused facility. Administrator does not support the nurses. Every problem regarding medications is blamed on the nurse.
Pros
Residents are great
Cons
Company has very weak medical policy
Ok place to work
Life Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 21, 2017
Good place to work. Friendly work environment and staff. Management is encouraging of improving personal growth, career growth and upper ward mobility.
good place to start
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 19, 2016
i worked here and loved it. the clients was a pleasure to serve. however the company its self do need some more training programs for those who would like to work there.
Enjoyable to work if management did their job right
Life skills trainer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 9, 2016
I wouldn't recommend anyone work there. Management had management back only, not LST's. The program manager who worked there previously had personal issues with the staff. I think management had more concern for what they wanted the residents to do instead of residents making their own decisions. I know some of them are not capable but staff and management need to make residents and their families happy as well. Benefits are good but their turnovers are high. Good luck to the people that work here now.
benefits
Cons
staff/management issues
Management has very poor communication skills.
Life Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2016
Three program managers within 12 months. Unsafe sanitary practices. Great opportunity for overtime pay. Not a place for permanent employment unless you have no meaningful purpose in life. Free food for staff and clients. It would be a better place for staff and clients if management wasn't concerned with revenue.
Pros
Plenty of outdoor activities
Cons
Poor management
Day Treatment Coordinator
Day Treatment Coordinatior (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CANovember 18, 2015
Overall a great organization. A typically day at work was consisted organizing activities throughout the day from 9-2 and than do paper work, meetings or developing the next days activities, special outing or groups coming on campus. The hardest part of the job was the language barrier between co-workers. I speak English and most of my co-works first language is Spanish. The most enjoyable part is was watching the small victories.
Stable place to work.
Life Skill Trainer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day at work is to first check on the clients and make sure they are well taken care before you begin your day with other responsibilities.
Pros
5 mins away from my residence.
Cons
Company moved one hour away from my residence.
overall okay
Life skill trainer (Current Employee) –  ncAugust 3, 2015
very physical , work alone, limit of management to give professional advice . Needs more medical equipment to help assist with clients. Clients need to go to the doctor more often as oppose to getting sick or life expiring before somthing gets done about the sick.
Pros
good pay
Cons
physical and no help
Productive workplace
Student Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PaJanuary 14, 2015
Learning Services is a resource Elizabethtown College offers to students in order to help them succeed. The hours at Learning Services vary in order to prevent boredom, sometimes I work in the morning, during the day, or at night. Usually I come into the office, check my email then try to reply to the emails as soon as possible in order to keep people happy and want to come back. Also, I am in charge of creating database from all the meetings and tutoring sessions that occur. Many students come in worried about their classes so it is my job to calm them down and provide solutions and tactics for them in order to improve upon. In order to have an efficient workplace, I have created an organized system by splitting up mini jobs that other coordinators. The hardest part of my job is trying to find a solution for every single person, but I am able to guide toward the right path if I am unsure what to do. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping those in need because then I have provided some advice.
Pros
Inviting, relaxing environment
Cons
Late nights and early mornings
ok place to work
Life Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 26, 2014
Money was good... working there was not the best conditions. A lot going on.
Supporting Student's Success
Student Tutor (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAMay 13, 2014
Learning Services is key to many student's success at Elizabethtown College. There is guidance for just about every aspect of the student's educational life. Students can come to Learning Services for Writing help, course tutoring, and even resume and job hunting tips.
Office closed - moved to GA
Part-Time Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 3, 2014
It was only satisfactory and not a very pleasant place to work.

Management was not very fair.
Life Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 3, 2013
Flexible scheduling and a friendly atmosphere while working with traumatic brain injuries.
Interesting place to work.
Shift Supervisor LLST (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 27, 2013
It can very busy and gets you out into the community. There are opportunities for certifications and learning new things.
I enjoyed this company, they are very interactive with their staff a lot of incentives and praise.
Program Manager/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 3, 2013
I would rate the company high because of the positive interaction with the staff and with the regional management until they changed hands then it became difficult.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not enough "TRAINING'

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Learning Services. Our community is ready to answer.