Ledgent Finance & Accounting Employee Reviews

Interesting and demanding place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2018
Ledgent had an excellent location across from Westfield mall in La Jolla. Small work space offered 0 privacy for phone calls to candidates. High expectations re: calls out, placing candidates into jobs quickly. Encouraged potential temp employees to come into the firm to be tested and interviewed although there were no jobs available for them. Frustrating for people desperate for a job as recruiter would hype a candidate to call every day for any jobs available but there were none. Not good company policy leading people on just to "make your numbers." Sad but true.
Pros
Pay and benefits were decent, location, free parking, close by places for lunch
Cons
No breaks, lunches frowned upon, staff could be snotty, lots of talking behind the back of temp and full time recruiters.
Exciting place to for.
Contract work (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 12, 2018
They cared about their people and was there to answer questions that you might have. I would recommend that you send in your resume to them, They will do their best to find you a job.
Looking Ahead.
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 8, 2018
Great company towards looking ahead to focus on new roles and progressing in your field with opportunity growth, and background. Tools provided to help you get ahead.
Amazing culture, great business
Business Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 4, 2017
PROS: Great benefits, optional 9/80 schedule, established business and name is known throughout the area, easy going people, high sense of urgency amongst all employees, great team-oriented environment, constant recognition, company culture is by far one of the best i've ever encountered, mileage/expense reimbursement, self-managed desk, no micro-managing, long interview process prior to hiring, open door policy, CEOs listens to the requests of employees throughout the company and implements change, consistent training refreshers, pet insurance

CONS: Long interview process (i went through 6 interviews), challenging quotas level (especially if you don't have a following in your book of business from previous recruiting), even more senior employees will have some level of difficulty meeting the call/interview/client visit KPIs, daily and weekly reports lead to management inquiring about your numbers constantly, a LOT of administrative work, a LOT of documentation, training was nearly two months and became a bit excessive especially when training for something you won't put into practice for a few weeks, doesn't observe some national holidays
Pros
See below
Cons
See below
Competitive wages.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 27, 2018
My recruiter is awesome, I feel confident that new job opportunities are consistently available. Everyone I’ve met is super friendly and knowledgeable.
Pros
Competitive wages.
Cons
Location, I wish there was an office in East County.
Great Place for Professional Recruiting
Business Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 31, 2017
Great Place for Professional Recruiting but, in the end, is just another recruiting firm. They talk a great game but sales is the name of the game and they are just as quick to fire as any other firm.
Pros
Great base salary unlike others in industry
Cons
No advertising and small market share makes this a poor long-term choice
Worked Well
Investor Liaison (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 30, 2018
I received a great position and pay, I was found a position fairly quickly and the interview and application process went smoothly as well. Really great company.
Excellent staffing agency
AP Clerk/AP Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2018
I was placed quickly at a good job. My agent has stayed in touch with me throughout the course of my contract. The staff are friendly and helpful, and always answer calls and emails quickly.
Excellent Company
HOA Tech (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 9, 2012
, inbound calls troubleshooting accounting and technical assisTANTS. changing screen and applications and following call center guidelines.
Pros
pay, benefits, job, performance, skills, knowledge, etc
Cons
laid off
Productive yet fun atmosphere
Business Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAOctober 5, 2017
Ledgent Finance and Accounting was a terrific place to work. My colleagues and managers alike all wanted to help with my training and development as a recruiter. I felt free to ask many questions as needed and always felt as though I was a part of the team. I would definitely recommend Ledgent to anyone looking to get into recruiting!
Pros
Amazing culture, 9/80 schedule, competitive environment
Preach but not practice your MVV
Business Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2017
no team work at all. each manager fills their orders with their own candidates, even if it means if this candidate isn't the best fit.
i learned that unless you are willing to change your morals and ethics, you won't be able to work here. It's a disservice to your candidates and clients, but hush hush, don't say anything or else you will get scolded in front of everyone as if you are a 2 year old.
Hardest part of this job working with shady and immature people.
Pros
Bonus structure is good
Cons
No team- MVV is not preached, not practiced.
PROJECT MANAGER-COLLECTIONS (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2013
Performed Account Follow Up and Resolution of Patients Accounts Receivable that are 61 days & older.
Submitted adjustment forms for patient accounts to reflect correct insurance payment, patient liability and contractual agreement.
Determined if an appeal was necessary in order to have claim reviewed for payment, due to level of care, medical necessity, no authorization or referral.
Updated the patient account records to show information requested for claims to process.
Established and maintained customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
Pros
Training
Great co workers, management had no clue what they were doing.
Business Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  MDJune 6, 2016
Management had no idea what they were doing and never gave any feed back.
Even though we had open work space, management did little to provide continuos education. Had no idea what to do in certain situations and tried to avoid confrontations.
Pros
open environment
Cons
no continuos education, no feed back in experienced leaders.
Very busy environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJuly 17, 2012
I really enjoyed what bookkeeping in this temporary position. It keep me busy all day long with little supervision.

I learned to process bill of lading for international/domestic shipping, make sure sales order was consistent with our pricing. I learned to enter new employees onto our system for payroll and how to process commission for our sales dept.

What I liked least about this position was that there was no employee activities and therefore no fellowship with employees.
Pros
own private office
Cons
no employee activities
Stable & Consistent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 27, 2017
This company provided excellent job assignments, which ultimately led to permanent employment. The BEST staff I have had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Cons
Staffing agency
Co Workers
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZJune 1, 2013
Working with Ledgent I have encountered with people that have made a difference in my work life. I always look to learn from people because I believe everyone has something to offer.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Short assignments
Excellent company to work for
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 17, 2017
Even though I was only a temprorary employee for several weeks before starting a full time job, I learned alot. I first started working with spreadsheets & balancing the General Ledger & when needed I always volunteered to help to learn more. This company is A plus in my book.
Tempoary Assignment worker
Temporary Employment worker (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 10, 2014
Data entry.
Learned the 10 key.
Management was excellent and I enjoyed my coworkers.
The hardest part of the job was transferring to new locations when my work assignment had ended.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having income.
They help you find a job.
Temporary Employment Agency (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2017
The jobs that I had from them we good companies. I really enjoyed going to work for them. They know how to match you with the background that I have.
Pros
help you get a job
Cons
ok
Temporary Agency
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Worked at Eugene Burger Management before being placed with Simpson Sheet Metal. I loved the job and the experience that I gained, I did the daily receipts, deposits, time card entries, accounting, phones, collections, etc.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Dress Code

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledgent Finance & Accounting. Our community is ready to answer.