Lee College Employee Reviews

Difficult place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 12, 2018
Difficult place to work. Policies and procedures inconsistently followed. Lack of leadership. Hostile work environment. Hard to figure out who is running the organization. Different priorities across departments. Some people work very hard, some not at all.
Pros
Attempting to meet the needs of local community.
Cons
No clear vision of organizational priorities.
Good Training
Student/ Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 30, 2018
Helping the other students and working with instructors was a good experience. It enhanced my educational experience and provided me with additional opportunities to build knowledge.
Productive, Creative Building Workplace.
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 26, 2018
I loved this job because it was directly in my field of literature and creative writing. Though not every appointment was Literature-based, I was always able to use my extensive grammatical knowledge to be able to help the student, even if I had no preconceived knowledge of the subject of the paper. I wish I had been able to work more hours for slightly better pay, because I loved the job so much!
Pros
My creative nature was encouraged, I was given free reign with appointments.
Cons
Not enough hours for part-time workers, no opportunities to advance.
Its a fun place to work and offers many opportunity
Safety Management & Process Technology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 30, 2018
I have been a student here the last two years and a student worker for a year in a half and both offer a great experience. My favorite part about working and being a student if that they are flexible with my schedule.
productive and a fun work place with pool tables
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 22, 2018
Enjoy teaching the students the NCCER curriculum to help them advance on their respective jobs and receive pay raises. The Division Chairman is very nice and helpful.
Great place to work!
WRITING CENTER TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 8, 2018
The director of the Writing Center is one of the most amazing bosses I have ever encountered. The same rings true for the Dual Credit Director. I have never encountered any problems with either of my bosses.
Pros
Friendly bosses
Cons
Limited hours
Productive work place
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 10, 2018
Productive work place,understanding management. Very fun and family like work structure. Typical day at work consist of numerous truck deliveries. Fed ex,UPS,freight trucks. Learned how to manage time wisely.
Working at the Employment Office
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 20, 2017
It was very relaxed and I was able to do my homework in there. If there was work that needed to be done, it was not too crazy to handle. Overall the staff was very nice and would recommend anyone to work there.
Great work place
Technical Studies Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 10, 2017
Great people
Great place
Everyone is very helpful
Worked around my school schedule
Always had something to keep me busy
Progressive work place
Easy going environment
its ok
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 21, 2017
it paid off my tuition to work there so i was happy. management was awesome and i enjoyed working with them. the hours were the only bad thing i didn't like.
no way
Student (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 19, 2017
There is a special place in H E double hockey sticks for places like this, Lee college is by far the worst educational institution i have seen by far but thats what you get when you let the blind lead the blind
Teacher
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Liberty, TXAugust 1, 2017
A normal work day would include teaching students and working with administration. There were deadlines that must be met and I would accompany any accommodations needed. Grading was another daily need for students and grades would be submitted within a timely manner.
Great part time position
ASL Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 29, 2017
I highly enjoy my position here, I get to work with a wonderful staff, great clients, many challenging courses, wide variety of classes, a variety of clients
Pros
Flexible schedule
Educational & experince
Teacher Aide - HVAC/R (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 11, 2017
The skills I learned while working as a Teacher's aide for Lee College HVAC/R vocational was very rewarding. The technical skills and the communication skills will help me and any future employer
Students & committed workers make it worth it
Manager (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 5, 2017
Generally relaxed atmosphere but people are definitely focused on results and making things happen. Pressure from the president/VPs in the cabinet causes mid-level directors and managers to put pressure on employees who aren't in supervisory positions, but the stress is definitely manageable. Few people who have been here for decades and can be somewhat resistant to change and new ideas, but there are plenty of open-minded and forward-thinking folks to make up for the others. Majority of employees understand that students come first and handle their responsibilities accordingly. Good pay and benefits: working half days on Fridays never gets old!
Writing center receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 9, 2017
My position included taking phone calls, setting appointments, overall cleanliness of the area, and friendly face for inquisitive minds. I enjoyed my fellow co workers but had a few bad experiences with students that left a bad taste in my mouth.
Pros
On campis
Cons
Short breaks
Great Experience
English Composition Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 22, 2017
I enjoyed working here. the students are great and the other teachers are very earnest. I would work here again. I've already responded to this employer; there isn't anything more for me to say.
Security
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 12, 2017
You get to patrol the campus, get to meet a lot of people from different walks of life. You also get discounts from the cafeteria and other things like free tickets for the plays.
Flexible and fun workplace
Admissions office Student Hire (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 6, 2017
From the very first day I was thrown in there learning how to scan incoming documents and how to index them to the right ID numbers. The first thing you do after you clock in is check the front for documents. Everyday around noon you get the mail sort it and distribute it to the proper person. The management was great they are very understanding and worked with me really well. The hardest part about the job would be scanning in colored documents or darker documents that require a different setting for them to scan through right. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work with amazing people and all the parties we had there was always food in the office.
Very organized
Welding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 2, 2017
I enjoy working there even if it is part time. Lee College is very organized in their welding program. They have a new facility that is state of art. I want to teach there full time but there are budget constraints and enrollment is down.
Pros
Very organized
Cons
It is only art-time