Lee College

Lee College Employee Reviews

United States77 reviews
I was given the opportunity to join the team when I was first starting my Graphic Design Education. Although I didn't know much about design at the time, they welcomed me and taught me a lot. I've also been able to grow my photography skill set.
This is a great institution to start in. They will allow professors with no experience to gain the experience they need in a higher education setting. However, advancement for professors is very difficult. They have the same individuals holding the same positions for almost 20 years. They do not allow for the individual to excel or pick up more classes if they can help it. When they hire they try to hire in strictly as an adjunct and try to keep the new professor as an adjunct regardless of their skill or degree level. The most enjoyable part of the job are the students that professors get to work with at the college. The hardest part of the job is the disorganization by some division chairs and lack of communication among faculty.
The people you work with at the college is a s diverse as the town it is in. Even on your worse days, you will be given a reason to smile. Plenty of support and encouragement from your peers, and the push you need to move forward.
Lee College was a great place to work. All of the other employees were very friendly and helpful. The benefits of being an employee there are the best I have ever had.
Working at Lee College opened many doors to not only my college degree, but enabled to network outside of my comfort zone. I developed leadership skills and collaborated 1-on-1 with student from many different backgrounds and socioeconomic situation. The great exposure Lee College gives is what every student needs to better prepare themselves for the real world and that's exactly what it did for me. Highly recommend college students working here!
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
You are always helping someone. Everyday you learn something new because the person that you are helping may know a thing or two that you did not. Management is good. Its a very diverse culture. Making sure that your teaching the right material. Using new programs,
Great place to work! Incredible staff. It has a very convenient location to Houston, which provides access to amazing art museums and galleries. Pay in alright.
I love WORK and Lee College,However if you work part time you don’t get benefits.
I applied as a commission officer and didn’t get the job because they didn’t update my resume which had that I had more than a year’s experience
Pros
I get along well with others
Cons
I’m only working part time
This was an internship but indeed really wants me to review every pace I ever worked before I can start using my new resume to apply for jobs. this is taking a bunch of time and doesnt help me at all why you do dis
Lee College is constantly focusing on how to be more student driven. The VP of Student Affairs and her division thrives on partnerships and problem-solving to better serve the students. Lee College also have the finest set of Instructors I have worked with at one institution.
Patrons i interacted with were faculty, students and staff. I became aware of the ways the dual enrollment process works. Due to the traffic being less, keeping myself busy was a challenge.
The interview process primarily consists of acquiring all relevant documentary regarding the particular position applied for. And getting those documents in on time.
Needs some work. management takes advantage of lower level administration. The president is a nice guy but needs to move out of Lee College. to many jobs given as favors.
It is good place to work. Lee College gives an opportunity to work to everybody, it doesn't matter the color, religion or age.The HR peoples are very nice people.
Pros
Work on online
Cons
Not much hours
Relaxed friendly and productive. It was a great way to pick up spare cash for text books and living costs while also pursuing my degree. It was overall a very positive environment.
Difficult place to work. Policies and procedures inconsistently followed. Lack of leadership. Hostile work environment. Hard to figure out who is running the organization. Different priorities across departments. Some people work very hard, some not at all.
Pros
Attempting to meet the needs of local community.
Cons
No clear vision of organizational priorities.
Helping the other students and working with instructors was a good experience. It enhanced my educational experience and provided me with additional opportunities to build knowledge.
I loved this job because it was directly in my field of literature and creative writing. Though not every appointment was Literature-based, I was always able to use my extensive grammatical knowledge to be able to help the student, even if I had no preconceived knowledge of the subject of the paper. I wish I had been able to work more hours for slightly better pay, because I loved the job so much!
Pros
My creative nature was encouraged, I was given free reign with appointments.
Cons
Not enough hours for part-time workers, no opportunities to advance.
I have been a student here the last two years and a student worker for a year in a half and both offer a great experience. My favorite part about working and being a student if that they are flexible with my schedule.
Enjoy teaching the students the NCCER curriculum to help them advance on their respective jobs and receive pay raises. The Division Chairman is very nice and helpful.
The director of the Writing Center is one of the most amazing bosses I have ever encountered. The same rings true for the Dual Credit Director. I have never encountered any problems with either of my bosses.
Pros
Friendly bosses
Cons
Limited hours