Lee Conlee House Employee Reviews

Love my job
Victim Advocate (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLApril 11, 2019
I can't say enough how much I love my job!
We are surrounded by an amazing group of women who are passionate about advocacy & making a difference in the lives of survivors of domestic violence.
Pros
Making a difference
Shelter Advocate
Shelter Advocate (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLFebruary 22, 2018
I work with the clients of the shelter and answer the Crisis Line when Victims of Domestic Violence and calls come in. I did data entry , answer the phone, file and keep records of all the clients that we help. I did intakes and exit interviews for clients on my shift. Was responsible for data entry of all of the clients and their records . Answered the phone did filing .
Pros
working with clients
Cons
to far to drive
Great opportunity
Victim Advocate (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLDecember 11, 2017
Working for the Lee Conlee House has provided me a great platform to learn and develop as a Victim Advocate. Throughout this time, I have attended numerous trainings and had many, experiences that has developed me as a person, advocate, and employee.
lots of learning
Rural Outreach Advocate (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLNovember 7, 2016
Great place to Advocate and utilize resources to assist woman and children in Domestic Violence situations. The hardest part of the job was watching families go back into dangerous situations. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing women and children breaking the pattern of abuse and become independant.
Pros
advocacy
Cons
no benefits
Working with a Certified Domestic Violence Agency
Admin Assistant, Advocate, Retail Management (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLNovember 7, 2016
Love my Sisterhood of Advocates. I love this type of work, it is my way of giving back to the community's that are survivors of Domestic Violence. >>>
Productive, challenging and rewarding
Shelter Manager (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLApril 9, 2016
There is no "typical day" with this employer. Thus is one of the reasons I loved working here. In the short time I worked here I learned so much about compassion for others and how much I loved working one on one with people. I enjoyed making a difference in someones life or just being a shoulder to lean on. I was the shelter manager and had the best advocates working with me. We were a great team. My managers were also great to work with. They always took time to listen and were very helpful. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people and making a difference. The hardest part of the job was taking leaving work at work.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
healthcare