Lee County Employee Reviews

Each day is a different.
Deputy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 22, 2018
Met very interesting people. Did not internalize allot of things i witnessed in the office and people i saw. I learned allot about different people and races and respect there differences.
Pros
No weekends and paid holidays
Cons
Constant changes
Great place to work...
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 16, 2018
A typical day consisted of 12 hour days/6 days a week. The Supervisor was intelligent, felt safety was top priority and treated his employees very respectfully. If it wasn't for my mother passing and having to move back north, I would still be working there.
Pros
Upper management, co-workers, safe working environment
Cons
long hours/days
Great People
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 26, 2018
They are awesome at Lee County. Nice management. They want everyone there to stay there and succeed. They bend over backwards for you if you try to do what's needed. They serve the County, but they take care of their own too. If you do your job the best you can, they back you up 100%.
They promote from within so if you want to move up, you will.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
None really compared to most employers
Entrepreneur
Carpenter, Entrepreneur (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 14, 2018
I had a residential maintenance contract with Southwood Estates in Verona, MS. I also contracted other jobs ranging from roofing and siding to plumbing and electrical all throughout Northern Mississippi.
Pros
gained tons of experience in this field
Cons
Traveling on a budgeted income
Working Hours
School Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 1, 2018
Working for the school district is a great opportunity with good benefits.

The position of bus operator is a good position, is just a couple things a dint like and is why I'm looking for new opportunity's. During the summer you don't have a job and don't get paid, during the works day you need to be stand by around 3 hours to wait to finish your route and you are out of the clock and I want to grow on my career and find better opportunity's.
Pros
work secure, benefits
Cons
Long Break, growing oportunitys
It's a learning experience. Fun at times but can be very hard due to the job
Dispatcher, (803) (Former Employee) –  Bishopville, SCMay 3, 2018
911 Dispatcher is not for everyone
The jobis very fast pace because it is a small facility. They handle 911 For Law enforcement, Fire and Rescue, and EMT
COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, GAMarch 3, 2018
Good place to work. There is a set schedule and the management is very good about trying to keep you on a schedule that works best for you. Not much room for advancement though as it is a small department.
Great place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jonesville, VASeptember 26, 2017
Excellent place to work. I tutored students in various subjects to better help them prepare for standardized testing. So easy to work with. I'm glad I got the opportunity.
Dept of Social Services Human Svcs Coord. II (Current Employee) –  sanford, NCJuly 21, 2017
This is a government entity where you help clients receive the benefits that they are eligible for and usually in a very timely manner. You are there to help and assist in any way possible.
Rewarding but challenging
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 30, 2017
Great culture. Learned a lot of new places in Fort Myers.
Supervisors were great. Hardest part was starting very early.
The challenge was how to best deal with some of students.
Pros
Brake middle of day
Cons
Off during summer .
Appropriate levels of professionalism and teacher support
Third Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 2, 2016
Working in this school district, there was appropriate levels of professionalism and teacher support. Support staff was competent.
Great place to work.
Utility Services Director (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, GAAugust 12, 2015
I learned a great deal in my 10 years at Lee County. I learned customer service skills, enhanced my computer skills, and met many interesting people.
Great place to learn from good teachers.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mooreville, MsFebruary 4, 2015
Mooreville Schools was a great place to work. I had made the decisionte to become a teacher, and they welcomed me as a substitute teacher. My daughter had been a student there since the sixth grade, and was now in high school. This helped me with being comfortable that I was going into a good school. The faculty and administration were all very helpful.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
low pay. no benefits
Gratifying working with parents and children
First 5-Star Family Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 5, 2014
I have worked with children for over 25 years. I enjoy teaching them, caring for them. I enjoy working with the parents of the children and the challenge of working with different people. I have learned to be patient, understanding and most certainly to multitask. I have been fortunate to work with the most wonderful parents, but had a few with difficult personalities. Accommodating demands of such parents would be the most difficult part of the job but it is also a welcomed challenge.
I have also learned to be organized and prepared to be efficient with the care of the children and the administrative office work.
Pros
Enjoyment of teaching children, helping parents
Cons
Getting time off to go to doctor visits, etc.
Never boring and expect the unexpected job
Pretrial Intake Officer Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Downtown Fort MyersJuly 21, 2014
1. Getting computer powered up and all the needed data bases needed to investigate peoples criminal histories and demographic information.
2. Review all paperwork from day shift to ensure it is accurate and mistakes free in preparation for the morning court presenter to provide necessary information to the First Appearance judge.
3. Pleasant working environment between myself and my co-workers. We all work very well together and get things done on time, and accurately. We support each other very well. Excellent rapport with Correction Officers as well, which make all our responsibilities a lot more manageable and free-flowing.
4. Hardest part of the job could be expecting the paperwork we receive from the road officer's is accurate enough for us to be able to do our jobs, but at times for many unforeseen reason it might not be. Also in a personal level, offering some services to some of our defendants that we know they might need, but we might not be able to offer at times.
5. Being able to communicate effectively with the majority of our defendants and getting getting all our job responsibilities completed by the end of our shift, so the morning shift does not have to pick up after us (night shift).
Pros
Free food (not always eatable), great working environment, great working people around, safe place to work.
Cons
12 hours shifts could get to you at times, Sleeping during the day-time hours could be a challenge at times
Plenty of work to keep you busy, I like staying busy.
Deputy Clerk/Court Specialist Supervisior II (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 6, 2013
Learn a lot when working here. We handled all court cases for Lee County, AL the cases ranged from small claims to capital murder. We collected court cost, fines, restitution, and judgments for all cases. Work there 28 years.
monitoring students with/medical/behavior issues
School Bus monitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FlJuly 19, 2013
Arriving at 5 am to bus compound clock in/sign in. Receive school bus assignment. Report to school bus. Meet bus driver. Receive a list of students and any other important information regarding students that i need to know. Ride with bus driver to various bus stops and pick up students. Then drop off students to public school. Then return to bus compound. Clock out. Take a break while students are in school. Break time between 10 am and 12:30. Report back to work at 1:00 pm clock in. Report back to school bus. Ride with bus driver back to school to pick up students. Drop students back to various stops. Then report back to bus compound, clock out. Go home. I have learned what is required of bus monitor. It is more than just watching students. You have to clean up spills when children get sick. As a bus monitor you work with the school staff also. I have to report to my supervisors any problems on the school bus. If a parent calls and complains about any incident that happens on the school bus and i said or did nothing i could lose my job. That is the hardest part is knowing the rules of what is/is not allowed on school bus. The most enjoyable part is getting to know the different students.
Pros
Over time
Cons
getting up before 4 am every morning, less breaks, sometimes no breaks.
residential counselor to teenagers
Residential Childcare Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanford, ncNovember 12, 2012
I worked usually 4 pm- midnight, sometimes working 16 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part was changing teenagers lives and having a distinct work schedule.
top-heavy management structure
Utility Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 31, 2012
top-heavy management structure, with more people worried about keeping their jobs than actually getting work done. I was terminated for not following the rules "failure to report damage to a county vehicle in a timely manner", when I was hustling to complete inspections and testing that had been previously scheduled. I had not been aware of the vehicle damage until it was pointed out by another employee.
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
wide spread fear of job cuts due to downturn in economy
Challenging
Special Education Teacher (Emotionally Disabled) (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 21, 2012
I have served for several years in a very specialized, unique school and environment. The experience and situation have afforded me a wonderful opportunity to be creative and innovative. However, at this time, I am interested in exploring new avenues and opportunities.
I had the opportunity to create and direct a program that impacted approximately 100 students per year, nearly the entire school's staff and a segment of our community. Our program, the ExTRA Program (Exceptional Students Transitioning to Responsible Adulthood) was a community-based, work/study volunteer program that brought emotionally disabled older teenagers and young adults to commercial and non-profit organizations in oredr to learn/practice social and work-related skills. Our goal was to transition disabled students into employable workers.
It was very rewarding to have the trust and faith of school district administrators and staff, as well as the students.
Pros
being able to see new ideas put into practice
Cons
students' disabilties