Lee Health Employee Reviews

Productive fun work place
Currier (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. The workers were nice. The atmosphere was non-hostile and the food was pretty good too. I got a lot of patient worker interaction.
Most units have strong well rounded leadership.
Acute Dialysis RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 10, 2018
Many cuts to bonuses and raises for new building.
Nurse pt ratios are always a struggle.
No enforcement of MD to be held accountable for appropriate triage of critical patient care.
Stable, growing healthcare company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time working there. Benefits were unmatched compared to my current employer. The children's hospital was growing and they currently have a brand new hospital that is #1
I would not recommend this place for a RN to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort MyersNovember 29, 2018
The on call was unreasonable . After working an 16 hour day they expected me to return for on call. I had a problem with management be upfront and honest. I was unimpressed with the team work at this location. They have a huge turnover problem.
Pros
Fort Myers
Cons
call excessive
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your review. It is really important for candidates to interview their potential employers, just as much as the employer is interviewing the candidate. This is how one better understands expectations, history of any turnover issues, what the managers and team members are like. All before accepting an offer.

We understand that an RNs job is taxing, especially when the patients need you long past your usual time to go home. Working a 16 hour day and coming back to take call is highly unusual. Lee Health and the patients you have served are grateful for your service and dedication.

Disappointing
Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort MyersNovember 17, 2018
This organization could do so much better. Cut throat, lying lower management trying desperately to become another of the disconnected and uninterested upper management. There is no real positive leadership in this organization. No lack of high paid executives though. They have a motto “Caring People Caring for People”, that does not apply to the employees in any meaningful way. There needs to be some housekeeping done in the management ranks to clean up this hospital. You are Always watching your back here.
Pros
It’s a job.
Cons
Ridiculously overpriced and poorly designed benefits package. Sleazy management environment.
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your review. If you are still employed with Lee Health, we encourage you to voice your concerns up the chain of command. If you feel that will not help without trying, Lee has an employee relations department that operates in a neutral fashion (serves both employees and leadership in a non-biased way).

Each year, employees have the opportunity to voice their concerns anonymously with the employee satisfaction surveys. Leaders are held accountable for the results. We hope you took advantage of this tool to give feedback. If leadership does not know your concerns, they are not able to look into it and make corrections as needed.

If you compare the Lee Health benefit package and insurance rates with competitors, you'll find that we have a more robust and less expensive benefits package than competitors. In fact, our benefit value is around 25% to 35% of the annual base salary of the employees.

If you need assistance learning about our benefits, please contact the HR Call Center at (239) 424-3500, Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm EST.

Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 10, 2018
Lee Health has had a history in breaking promises with regards to relocation expenses, sign on bonuses and many other things. Upper management is disconnected and lower management does not care. Staff complains a lot about being unhappy and feeling unheard. There is no recourse and management is not interested in hearing suggestions for improvement. Advice to prospective employees would be to get everything in writing. There have been many nurses, especially specialty positions, who have been lied to and moved to Florida only to find their position has been eliminated. Thus having to take a position out of need and not in your specialty.
Pros
beautiful SW Florida
Cons
Bad Management
December 3, 2018

Thank you for sharing your input. Candidates who receive offers of relocation incentives and any sign on bonuses do so in writing and must sign those agreements prior to starting work. Unless there happened to be a human error, please contact your recruiter who hired you or the HR Call Center to resolve this issue (239-424-3500).

Each year, employees have the opportunity to voice their concerns anonymously with the employee satisfaction surveys. Leaders are held accountable for the results. In fact, they must create action plans to improve any low scores they or the department receive.

Lee Health takes great measures to only hire enough staff so that no one is laid off. This is definitely a balancing act with the increases and decreases in patient volume, especially over our winter season. There is no benefit for Lee Health to hire someone who needs to relocate and then eliminate their position. In the very small number of positions Lee Health has had to eliminate over the years, the organization works with those individuals to find another equitable position. If you are eligible for a transfer, please consider applying for any openings within the desired specialty.

We wish you the best and thank you for your service to the patients in our community.

management horrible
LPN (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33901November 7, 2018
Management was horrible. Higher ups unaware and liked it that way. More of a dictatorship place of employment. Benefits not that great and unfortunate as you were working for the health system directly. Still overcharged.
Pros
Patients
December 3, 2018

We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your leadership and benefits. Each year, employees have the opportunity to voice their concerns anonymously with the employee satisfaction surveys. Leaders are held accountable for the results.

Employees are encouraged to discuss concerns with their leaders and continue up the chain of command when necessary. Employee Relations is another avenue available to team members.

We have FREE employee health locations at all of our acute care hospitals. If you compare the Lee Health benefit package and insurance rates with competitors, you'll find that a more robust and less expensive benefits package than competitors. In fact, our benefit value is around 25% to 35% of the annual base salary of the employees.

Benefits
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 6, 2018
The benefits package offered at Lee Health consisted of the following the health covered pretty much everything. The dental was just okay and the PTO time was decent.
Watched Cardiac Rhythms for pre and post surgeries
Cardiac Monitor Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 5, 2018
Watched and informed RN's on changes in morphology and arrhythmia's. Worked in a room with 1 - 2 other coworkers and up to 6 other coworkers at other campuses. Given 1 30 min break if we could take it for a 12.5 hour work day. The Lee health way is first person to tell a story is the truth.
December 3, 2018

Hello, and thank you for your review. Lee Health follows the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and is only obligated to give a 30 minute 'lunch' period during the shift. If and when time allows, 15 minute breaks are given. Patients come first in healthcare.

One of SW Florida's largest employers
Practice Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 30, 2018
Work place culture could be more diverse

Advancement only available for clinical roles

Staffing in the Physician Group is limited

..................................
December 3, 2018

Hi and thank you for your review. Our work place culture could be more diverse, but it actually is very similar to our geographical area (statistics wise).

Did you know that Lee Health’s diversity is recognized among some of the largest and most recognizable companies, including Coca-Cola, Apple, Amazon.com, Walt Disney and Starbucks, as part of Forbes magazine’s “AMERICA'S BEST EMPLOYERS FOR DIVERSITY - 2018” list?

As a Practice Supervisor, the next progression is a Practice Manager. Some of our highest level leaders have worked their way up within the Lee Health system over the years. We encourage you to talk with your leader or their leader to discuss potential career advancement.

Do as I say, not as I do.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 29, 2018
Constantly adding tasks to nurses. CNA’s/ED techs not held accountable for job performance. Everything falls back on the RN. “Good ole boys club” but in this case, it’s mostly females. It’s not what you know, it’s who you know. Never seem to have appropriate plan in ice for “season”. Every few years, new management tries to reinvent the wheel, and the system spends the money on this. They do not listen enough, to the bedside RN, which has a stronger grasp on what’s going on and what would benefit everyone.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
See my review.
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your candid review. We hope that you took advantage of the "Town Hall" sessions that were held at every hospital campus in the last few months to voice your questions and concerns with the highest level of nursing leadership. This, along with Employee Satisfaction Survey results form action plans that are implemented.

We strongly encourage you to voice your opinions with ideas for improvements, if not alone, then with a group of co-workers.

Thank you for your dedication and service to the patients in our communities! You are appreciated!

Great family environment
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 28, 2018
Working here is amazing, the staff are very professional and very understanding. Lee Health has great benefits for everyone. We all treat each other like family and we all care for the patients well being!
December 3, 2018

Thank you very much for your positive review! No one is perfect, but we work on improving every day.

great pace to work, allow for growth
NICU and Mom-Baby Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 26, 2018
this company offers opportunities to collect feedback from your manager as possible.

If I want to really grow as a person, I need to be willing to take criticism, no matter how hard it might be, Keep pressing for more information, and ask to follow up questions in order to seek out how you can be a better employee.
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your wise words! Your attitude is truly appreciated.

Non-stop growth
Manager, Network Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 25, 2018
CIO was well past his expiration date, but retired just after I left. System Director relies heavily on consultants instead of experienced network engineers
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor IT Leadership
December 3, 2018

We hope you consider returning to Lee Health! Your benefits are bridged if you are hired back within a 12 month period. That means your benefits are effective your first day. Also all of your past months/years of employment with Lee Health are counted in terms of the 403b match up to 5%.

It would be ideal to hire our own knowledgeable staff, like yourself, versus consultants. Do you have any referrals by chance? Many, if not most, of our IT jobs require finding a needle in a haystack, so to speak.

Need to be more diverse
I'am a Medical Assistant / Phlebotomist/ (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLOctober 25, 2018
Very racist company is base on who you know not what you know .the company is not based on production .I wish this company would stand by their employees and defend employees rights
December 3, 2018

Are you aware that Lee Health’s diversity is recognized among some of the largest and most recognizable companies, including Coca-Cola, Apple, Amazon.com, Walt Disney and Starbucks, as part of Forbes magazine’s “AMERICA'S BEST EMPLOYERS FOR DIVERSITY - 2018” list?

We hope you take advantage of expressing your opinions and concerns by using the chain of command. Our Employee Relations team can also be consulted.

Can not recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 22, 2018
Board member more interested in their multiple $100,000 golf membership and parties, then the well being of the patients who they say they are there to help,
Pros
Cons
Do not care about the people who work for them during an emergency
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your review. Are you aware our Board of Directors are publicly elected?

Bussy, fast paced company
Support Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 19, 2018
Any limiting factors to getting work done was not an option, there was always logistical huddles to be over come to keep work going quickly and effectively as much as possible in order to keep those visitor and/or patients out of danger or even safe lives.
Pros
lunch discounts / rewarded in comfort knowing you safed someones life
Cons
short breaks and very busy all the time
Micro Managing Management
Lee Physician Group (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 18, 2018
I can not speak on behalf of all of Lee Health but the contact center is a joke. The new management micro managed to the point of timing bathroom breaks and standing next to agents during calls to "make sure" we were following protocol. When it came time for praises- there were none. Management only spoke with agents when they felt there was a problem. They were not leaders.. they were dictators. Vacations were hard to come by / get approved as well as doctors visits and sick days. Theres no compassion or feeling of trust with management. The center is falling apart. Employees shouldnt be scared to be fired or reprimanded for following protocols. Theres delayed communication and no room for anyone to make suggestions and have them seriously considered. I would not recommend this department for anyone.
Pros
agents are nice and benefits were nice.
Cons
everything else.
Good place to gain employment , Hospitals nice, Management issues
EKG Tech I (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 13, 2018
For the most part, I enjoyed the job and gained much experience. Lots of turnover in Management so it made things confusing at times such as scheduling and policy issues.
Cons
High turnover in Management
Lee Health
Certified Nursing Assistant to RN 8W Med/Surg/Tele (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 8, 2018
I worked on a great floor where my co workers had been there for over 15 years. Although when I started they had just gone to working 12 hour shifts and a few people were still working 8 hour shifts. This changed when we moved to a different floor. Then all those people were offered days or nights. As time went on more staff came and went but mostly for day shift and only a few for nights I obtained my job because a night nurse passed away(so sad but true). Overall a great place to work. Compared to other benefits packages ours were great, medications generic were free, and you could see employee health nurse practitioner for free with appointment. You also got a free yearly physical from your primary care doctor.They offered long and short term disability. In florida we get seasonal busy and they will put beds in the halls. More patients to care for and expect the "scores" to keep going up.
Pros
Great Co Workers, Good team work.
Cons
Seasonal busy like every where in florida

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lee Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight