Lee Health Employee Reviews

hard sorker
Nutrition Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 12, 2018
can do anything that is taught to me.get along with all employees and works very hard.any job would be blessed to have me.ill make you happy I promise.
Pros
great employees
Cons
no breaks
Stable organization
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 10, 2018
Stable organization that has been growing over the last several years. There are a lot of job openings right now, but the wages are lower than competitive organizations.
Strong Goals with slow changes
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 3, 2018
The organization has great leadership and is working toward making many changes to improve the care provided. However, the changes take so long due to inaction or the inability to come to consensus and put a plan in place.
Great Workplace but comes with unnecessary drama
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant Advanced (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 31, 2018
This is a great organization to work for but management burns out employees fast. It feels more like a advertisement company than a hospital now. The patients leave happy though.
Various Areas to Work
Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 27, 2018
Moving to different areas within the company is pretty easy. They have tuition reimbursement. You can start off as an operator, move to registration, and to claims with experience.
Very happy
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 15, 2018
The company provide all focus on patient care and their safety. All care units treat every patient as it was their family members no matter the race, color, gender or country.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 15, 2018
My management was the only reason I stopped working there. Wasn't a bad company to work for with as long as the right manager is in your department. I would recommend the company to others.
Pros
very well established
Cons
Highly dysfunctional place to work
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 12, 2018
Lee Health is a bureaucratic and hypocritical place to work. I would not recommend it to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Health Ins.
Cons
Pay, dysfunctional, high stress, caotic
Punative work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulf CoastJuly 7, 2018
Management has unrealistic expectations. Unorganized. Not up to date on psych nursing practice. NOT a caring environment. Teamwork only if someone important is watching.
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 7, 2018
Lee Health was overall a wonderful place to work at. I had a wonderful manager that was very understanding and helpful She would always respond to my emails and complaints. Some of my colleagues were great and helpful, others were sometimes not the most respectful because they felt superior to you because they have more education and job experience. EPIC was challenging to learn, however, became easier to use with time. I prefer it over other EHR now that I am working elsewhere. I miss EPIC and Lee Health.
Pros
1 hour lunch, Epic
Cons
productivity expectations
wonderful experience work for Lee Health
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 5, 2018
It started at 7 am, and keep the floors of hospital in perfect condition, give was in areas that were damage; in others give shine.
Work for the hospital he gave me Avery big teaching about the sufferings that so many people have the poverty and loneliness
in which they live, that is something that teaches to value every day more the family the God give me, my colleagues and my bosses.
Microbiology Tech I (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 24, 2018
Lee Memorial is a good place to work. As a matter of fact, when I left there to move to North Carolina, my daughter took my job in Microbiology. That is how much I liked it. She is still there. A typical day in Microbiology was extremely busy, we were the only Micro lab in Fort Myers for 5 hospitals and all the doctor offices. We had work all shift long, but we all loved busy work and were able to maximize our time well, worked well together, and got everything done correctly. We plated the specimens for the techs, and helped with receiving specimens. We worked good together and had fun with each other. I missed working with patients, but it was good experience and I loved it.
Pros
high morale
Cons
salary
June 29, 2018

Thank you for your positive review of your job, department and Lee Health! Hearing about the teamwork you enjoyed, it’s no wonder Lee Health is in the 98th percentile for employee engagement when ranked against the national health care database.

We're sad to see you leave, but thank you for referring your daughter to take your place! So many of our team members have family working at Lee!

Nursing culture
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 23, 2018
After twenty years working up North we came down here. The culture of this hospital has nurses still being treated like we are handmaidens of the old South. Nurses have no autonomy and arent treated with respect at all. Most managers couldn't do bedside nursing even in an emergency. The management staff are
cliquey and unapproachable about everything. All problems no matter where they eminate from are dumped on nursing. Recently, high exits of nurses have left a staff that are full of non experienced novice nurses. If you are willing to jeopardize the license you worked so hard for then this is the place for you.
Pros
location
Cons
management
June 29, 2018

We appreciate your feedback even when it is not positive. It's very unfortunate that you felt the way you did when you worked here.

Each health system, hospital, and even each department have their own culture. At Lee Health, we take great measures to hire and keep the team members who reflect Lee Health values, such as Respect, Excellence, Compassion, and Education.

Like every employer, there are pockets of issues that are challenging and either are already being addressed or need to be addressed. Lee Health advocates that team members go up the chain of command to resolve issues. If a team member doesn't not feel comfortable doing so, our Employee Relations team is there for consultation. We are also informed in system orientation and annual education that team members are encouraged to call our confidential Compliance Hotline.
Any healthcare professional that feels they are jeopardizing their license should call upon this value added service.

We are sorry to hear you had a poor experience. It appears that most team members have a very different experience when we are ranked in Top 6% of America’s 500 Best Employers by Forbes along with Costco, Google, Mayo Clinic and Facebook.

We wish you the best in your personal and professional career.

Great company to work for!
CNA/Sitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 21, 2018
Friendly staff, helpful nurses and supportive supervisors. I've worked for LeeHealth for 15 1/2 years and the company has treated me very well, I made lots of friends that I still keep in touch with. Comparable salary, tuition reimbursement, great benefits and Paid time off with lots of company discounts. I have 3 family members working for LeeHealth.
Pros
Caring supervisors, nurses and co-workers
Cons
The long hours. 12 hour shifts are a killer!
June 29, 2018

Thank you so much for your 5 - STAR rating of Lee Health! We sincerely thank you for the 15 1/2 years of commitment, dedication, and service to Lee Health, and most importantly, the members of our community!

The hospital is all about helping and saving lives
Safety Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLJune 18, 2018
My job requires me to seat an watch patients via baker act or nurse criteria, there's time when you can have fun on the job because I make my own fun, but when comes down to business than the fun stops.
June 29, 2018

Thank you for your candid review. Your role as a Safety Attendant is incredibly important to the well being of our patients. Thank you for your service and watchful eye. Let's keep having FUN!

Continuing Medical Education Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJune 12, 2018
Efficient system to work for management was great and there was room for growth or advancement or career change. There are many benefits and security. Great company to further develop skill set.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
inconsistent work flow
June 29, 2018

What a great review! Thank you for the 5 - STAR rating! Lee Health definitely encourages growth and gives many avenues to do so. We also encourage each team member to continuously improve processes and workflow to become more efficient, standardized and resource conscious. Best wishes and thank you for your service!

Busy and productive
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 5, 2018
A typical day at work was fun
I learned different things everyday
At the time management wasn't so nice
It was very diverse
I didn't look at my job as hard because I love what I do
The patients
Pros
The patients
June 29, 2018

Thank you for your review and your service while you worked at Lee Health! Leadership is held accountable for the improvements they make based on Employee Satisfaction Surveys. Best wishes to you!

Great company but low pay
Certified Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 30, 2018
I love my job with Lee Health. I have an amazing and strong manager. Our staff meetings are welcoming and very informative. My team members are a diverse group of people that all get along well. We don't ever take work home with us. We are never made to feel less than. My only negative is the pay. We do get a raise every year but it takes forever to make a decent living with everything in life getting more and more expensive. Benefit package is top notch and reasonable. Interview process was professional and very detailed. Great place to work.
Pros
Staff Activities and Lunches
Cons
Hourly Pay
June 29, 2018

We really appreciate your 5 - STAR rating of Lee Health...Thank you!

You're right, it is a challenge to make ends meet in some jobs, no matter the employer. We do offer very competitive pay and exceptional benefits, but entry level jobs in general may not leave much wiggle room financially. If you're interested, we do have grants for which you can apply for educational expenses for advancements in health careers. We also offer tuition advancement and/or reimbursement...up to $3,500 per year for approved courses and certifications.

As a Certified Financial Counselor, you could look into related jobs within the system that offer higher wages. Feel free to speak with your leadership for career growth opportunities.

caring people caring for people???
Staff Nurse/CDI/Pediatric Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 22, 2018
Really? They do NOT care for their employees. If you get sick they will let you go. It is a place where they expect you to care for others but do not expect you to need anyone to take care of you. 5 sick days a year? Really? When you have children? Who are they kidding?
June 29, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. It is sad to hear that you are not feeling cared for. As a nurse, you know how important it is to your team and your patients to be there as scheduled. These policies are in place because we DO care.

It is recognized that incidents of absenteeism or incidents of tardiness due to bona fide personal illness, family member illness, or emergency situations may occur. For this reason, Lee Health supports various benefit plans and services to assist employees during these events. However, use of these benefits must be reasonable, and habitual absenteeism or tardiness may be cause for corrective action, up to and including termination. Our policy allows for up to 8 incidents (not days) of absence within a rolling 12 months to be terminated.

You might try collaborating with other families and caretakers to secure back up options to take care of your children in these cases.

Thank you again for your review as well as the service you provide your customers, both patients and colleagues.

Large Healthcare system in Ft Myers
RN UM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLMay 11, 2018
Large Healthcare system in Ft Myers, have grown as a nurse throughout the system. Opportunities for advancement. Currently have a telecommuting position.
Pros
Work from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lee Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight