Lee Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
i like being busy at work. i have fun doing what i do.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLMay 6, 2018
it like to have fun while I work because I like what I do. if I don't like what I do then work place is just not fun at all. I like to get along with everyone because if you don't ten your days and time at work sucks.
Toxic Management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lee HealthApril 29, 2018
Too much negative to say, I had to let all those thoughts go to move on. Someone needs to check how many very skilled and decent case managers were pushed out or left to maintain their dignity.
Not what it is made out to be.
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 26, 2018
There are better jobs out there, and in all honesty Lee Health is a company that lacks the company morals it used to have. Doctor's leaving left and right, as are nurses, and medical assistants. Management acts brain dead,and honestly have become the hardest part of working with this company.
Pros
Pto, Benefits
Cons
Management, poor company ethic, Money>Patients
Stuck - just Stuck
Interim Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 26, 2018
Most employees in IT have been there forever and have an aversion to hearing about anything new or a different way of doing things. They are incapable of trying anything new. They cannot accept the fact that there might be a better way to do things. They just have their ways - which are often ridiculous and a waste of time. You can spend hours going through the motions for no good reason, when if things were to change, you could actually get work done. It's inefficiency at its best there.

Moreover, people who should have been promoted aren't, and people who should be let go, aren't. It is all about playing the game. Sadly some of the smartest people are left behind the scenes in supporting roles - carrying the weight while some of the dumbest are up front in mgmt roles. Why you have those people out front, making decisions as the face of your department is beyond me.

I couldn't take it and left after 8 months due to the inane politics.
It's not a culture of caring.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLApril 26, 2018
It's not a culture of caring. Lee is manipulating perceptions so you might think they care. Lee does not care about you. If you are an SRC nurse, it even worse. Very unlikely Lee will ever rank as a desirable place to work as rated by RNs.
Pros
Beaches
Cons
Punative work environment.
review
Registered Emergency Trauma Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 24, 2018
Lee Memorial Health Systems is a large hospital corporation that dominates the course of healthcare in lee county. They are the only hospital system in the county. That being said, they are alright to work for with the understanding that if you don't like the management or the workplace environment you will have to travel some distance to another hospital system.
Professional Place
HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLApril 20, 2018
Managers are professional and treat you like a human being instead of a robot. The staff are all willing to work together as a team, and the work culture is very similar to a work family. I miss them all!
Pros
Parties, Occasional free catered lunches, etc!
Great Company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 14, 2018
This organization is the best hospital in southwest Florida! They are very supportive of their staff and at the same time very caring with their patients. NCH thinks they are always better than anybody but they aren't!
Pros
Great company, benefits and salary
Cons
Some thinks managers micromanage.
Life at Lee Health
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 27, 2018
Lee Memorial Hospital basically taught me how to be a nurse. I loved working there. I loved the patients. Nurses worked well together.
Lee Health went through directors frequently on my unit and I noticed as time went on the culture went from one of family to one of strictly business. That is one of the main things I missed as the culture changed. Lee Health wants to be better and desires to be the best and the nurses I worked with desired to do their best and save their patients. The care the nurses felt was conveyed to the patients through how they were treated. I think love and care as well as clinical knowledge is the recipe for healing for both the patient and their families. We saved a lot of people and if we couldn't save them, we made sure they died with dignity and it was a therapeutic setting for the family. I honestly loved my floor
Pros
the nurses and the team
Very busy
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMarch 13, 2018
I work in a very busy fast paced LDRP, never a dull moment. Our unit really believes in team nursing. We all have our own assignments but in a emergency its all hands on deck. Our patients safety and well being is out number one priority.
Pros
busy, coworkers, team work
Cons
little time for breaks
Great staff
ECG Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 10, 2018
Great staff. Everyone works together to get a job done. Employees are provided with healthcare on site.
Always an opportunity to take on more hours or help cover a shift.
productive place to work
Housekeeper and Laundry (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 9, 2018
I learned the proper hospital standard way to clean. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the people you get to meet and putting a smile on peoples faces. A typical day at work included a daily huddle before beginning our shift to find out what rooms were on isolation.
Pros
employee discounts for uniforms and food
Cons
part time benifits
Very profession work place, you get the full customer service experience
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 7, 2018
What I learned about working at Lee Health is that You have to keep up with a schedule and learn to manage your time wisely or you will forever be behind.
good place to work
RN in ED, PACU And Cardiac Home Health (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLMarch 5, 2018
I worked in ED , PACU and home health for mulltiple years, many educational opportunities and ability to change departments if desired. Very ksupportive with family emergency
Great internship program for nurses
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 1, 2018
They have an established internship program for nurses that helps with the transition into specialty units. It is great that they invest in their staff and helps with employee retention.
Decent place
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 1, 2018
Pay is ok, but the area is very expensive to live so makes the money not really good for the area. Very high nurse to patient ratios. Very behind in actual nursing practice and difficult to change this culture. Every Lee facility is completely different with little uniformity.
Pros
Cons
20 yrs behind in nursing practice.
Low wages and threatening culture
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 16, 2018
I held three different positions at lee health. The main feeling is that you are worthless. I saw pictures of other employees mistakes put in emails, told that I was not working at burger king or Wal-Mart and terrorized until I just left. I felt discouraged every day and my wages were very low for what I was doing. Low morale and lots of turn over.
Pros
Lots of great co workers
Cons
Just about everything
Overall good company
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLFebruary 13, 2018
I personally enjoyed my time with the company and though there are always ways to improve the company was good at initiating change. More value should be placed with dedicated employees.
Pros
Salary, benefits and work environment
Cons
Short breaks, some management
Nice place
Food and Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 11, 2018
Nice place to work if you like long hours. Could become fast past. Must be able to handle stress. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods. Most your shift requires walking, pushing, and pulling.
Former employee,very disappointed of the system
LPN (Former Employee) –  LPGFebruary 7, 2018
,Loved working with some providers and assisting amazing patients ,salary is not paid by our expertise's decided by the system and management convenience...lots of favoritism,awful LPG mangement,it's all about money, lots of patients issues held under the table and still claiming to be the best in the county, NO one listen, NO one cares.not even Drs,SAD BUT TRUE
Pros
good health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lee Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight