Lee Health Employee Reviews

Very Poor Management System
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLFebruary 5, 2019
I was really excited to hire on with Lee Health. Pre- Employment Orientation was promising as they pumped you up with their benefits package and company perks for 8 hours. I only wish I would have researched this company and read reviews as you are doing right now. Human resources are biased towards management and will not support a grievance claim. I strongly recommend anyone to investigate legal action that's been taken towards Lee Health in the last ten years for unethical judgments, harassment, and quick terminations.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Poor Wages, Poor Scheduling
Great compant to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 3, 2019
I enjoyed working there for years, There is availability for inter company travel and benefits are great. Their is also opportunity for continuing education.
Terrible company to work for.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Lee County, FLJanuary 18, 2019
The manager lets employees talk to eachother however they want and nothing happens, she sticks up for them and throws new people under the bus constantly. This company expects one person to do 500 things at one time, which is not possible and they pay employees terrible! This company does not give sick time which is crazy! You are out sick and it is counted against you, doesn't matter if you have a doctors note! I will never work for this company again and don't care if they are the biggest employer in Lee County!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work you to death and no pay, no sick time
Provided with good orientation. Nice work environment.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 14, 2019
I worked first seasonal position as RN in transition unit and post angio unit. Overall good however not the
Most welcoming sty considering at that time they needed help of course this was many years ago.
When I took full time position as case manager I had great orientation and enjoyed my patients loved my territory.
Pros
Cons
Unfriendly work environment specifically post angio.
daily anxiety waiting on weekly reviews for eventual termination
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lee Memorial HospitalJanuary 12, 2019
I have nothing very positive to say so I'd rather just leave it to what is stated above as far as things go. They need to apply their new "living our promise" to the employees as well as the patients.
job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLDecember 18, 2018
I enjoy my job with Lee Health, it is very fulfilling, I enjoyed the hands on experiences with the doctors, going sterile for office procedures, also the wound care and being able to do different types of wound care, it is very rewarding when you see a patient at the start of a wound all the way to complete healing. I enjoy being around the patients and making sure they are being taken care of properly.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Lee, MADecember 18, 2018
Cut throat Nurses, and very unhelpful do un apissing to work with. When you are there mind your manners and just do your job. If you feel like you wouldn’t allow things to happen to your family don’t let it happen to residents. Always protect yourself
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
New nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 18, 2018
The resident program really helped me in my very first year as a nurse. I would recommend this company to start as a new nurse. I can honestly say I love my job.
Good working environment
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Lee Health and respected the management team. I think that this was a great place to work and if I still resided in the area, I would still be employed there.
Productive, learning environment
RN Care Coordinator and Triage nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 13, 2018
Great Nurse Manager leadership, onsite, directly involved and progressive. Kind, approachable team members that are willing to train, answer questions and lend support.
Pros
New office building
Cons
layout of new office building
Productive fun work place
Currier (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. The workers were nice. The atmosphere was non-hostile and the food was pretty good too. I got a lot of patient worker interaction.
Most units have strong well rounded leadership.
Acute Dialysis RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 10, 2018
Many cuts to bonuses and raises for new building.
Nurse pt ratios are always a struggle.
No enforcement of MD to be held accountable for appropriate triage of critical patient care.
Stable, growing healthcare company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time working there. Benefits were unmatched compared to my current employer. The children's hospital was growing and they currently have a brand new hospital that is #1
I would not recommend this place for a RN to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort MyersNovember 29, 2018
The on call was unreasonable . After working an 16 hour day they expected me to return for on call. I had a problem with management be upfront and honest. I was unimpressed with the team work at this location. They have a huge turnover problem.
Pros
Fort Myers
Cons
call excessive
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your review. It is really important for candidates to interview their potential employers, just as much as the employer is interviewing the candidate. This is how one better understands expectations, history of any turnover issues, what the managers and team members are like. All before accepting an offer.

We understand that an RNs job is taxing, especially when the patients need you long past your usual time to go home. Working a 16 hour day and coming back to take call is highly unusual. Lee Health and the patients you have served are grateful for your service and dedication.

Disappointing
Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort MyersNovember 17, 2018
This organization could do so much better. Cut throat, lying lower management trying desperately to become another of the disconnected and uninterested upper management. There is no real positive leadership in this organization. No lack of high paid executives though. They have a motto “Caring People Caring for People”, that does not apply to the employees in any meaningful way. There needs to be some housekeeping done in the management ranks to clean up this hospital. You are Always watching your back here.
Pros
It’s a job.
Cons
Ridiculously overpriced and poorly designed benefits package. Sleazy management environment.
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your review. If you are still employed with Lee Health, we encourage you to voice your concerns up the chain of command. If you feel that will not help without trying, Lee has an employee relations department that operates in a neutral fashion (serves both employees and leadership in a non-biased way).

Each year, employees have the opportunity to voice their concerns anonymously with the employee satisfaction surveys. Leaders are held accountable for the results. We hope you took advantage of this tool to give feedback. If leadership does not know your concerns, they are not able to look into it and make corrections as needed.

If you compare the Lee Health benefit package and insurance rates with competitors, you'll find that we have a more robust and less expensive benefits package than competitors. In fact, our benefit value is around 25% to 35% of the annual base salary of the employees.

If you need assistance learning about our benefits, please contact the HR Call Center at (239) 424-3500, Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm EST.

Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 10, 2018
Lee Health has had a history in breaking promises with regards to relocation expenses, sign on bonuses and many other things. Upper management is disconnected and lower management does not care. Staff complains a lot about being unhappy and feeling unheard. There is no recourse and management is not interested in hearing suggestions for improvement. Advice to prospective employees would be to get everything in writing. There have been many nurses, especially specialty positions, who have been lied to and moved to Florida only to find their position has been eliminated. Thus having to take a position out of need and not in your specialty.
Pros
beautiful SW Florida
Cons
Bad Management
December 3, 2018

Thank you for sharing your input. Candidates who receive offers of relocation incentives and any sign on bonuses do so in writing and must sign those agreements prior to starting work. Unless there happened to be a human error, please contact your recruiter who hired you or the HR Call Center to resolve this issue (239-424-3500).

Each year, employees have the opportunity to voice their concerns anonymously with the employee satisfaction surveys. Leaders are held accountable for the results. In fact, they must create action plans to improve any low scores they or the department receive.

Lee Health takes great measures to only hire enough staff so that no one is laid off. This is definitely a balancing act with the increases and decreases in patient volume, especially over our winter season. There is no benefit for Lee Health to hire someone who needs to relocate and then eliminate their position. In the very small number of positions Lee Health has had to eliminate over the years, the organization works with those individuals to find another equitable position. If you are eligible for a transfer, please consider applying for any openings within the desired specialty.

We wish you the best and thank you for your service to the patients in our community.

management horrible
LPN (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33901November 7, 2018
Management was horrible. Higher ups unaware and liked it that way. More of a dictatorship place of employment. Benefits not that great and unfortunate as you were working for the health system directly. Still overcharged.
Pros
Patients
December 3, 2018

We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your leadership and benefits. Each year, employees have the opportunity to voice their concerns anonymously with the employee satisfaction surveys. Leaders are held accountable for the results.

Employees are encouraged to discuss concerns with their leaders and continue up the chain of command when necessary. Employee Relations is another avenue available to team members.

We have FREE employee health locations at all of our acute care hospitals. If you compare the Lee Health benefit package and insurance rates with competitors, you'll find that a more robust and less expensive benefits package than competitors. In fact, our benefit value is around 25% to 35% of the annual base salary of the employees.

Benefits
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 6, 2018
The benefits package offered at Lee Health consisted of the following the health covered pretty much everything. The dental was just okay and the PTO time was decent.
Watched Cardiac Rhythms for pre and post surgeries
Cardiac Monitor Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 5, 2018
Watched and informed RN's on changes in morphology and arrhythmia's. Worked in a room with 1 - 2 other coworkers and up to 6 other coworkers at other campuses. Given 1 30 min break if we could take it for a 12.5 hour work day. The Lee health way is first person to tell a story is the truth.
December 3, 2018

Hello, and thank you for your review. Lee Health follows the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and is only obligated to give a 30 minute 'lunch' period during the shift. If and when time allows, 15 minute breaks are given. Patients come first in healthcare.

One of SW Florida's largest employers
Practice Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 30, 2018
Work place culture could be more diverse

Advancement only available for clinical roles

Staffing in the Physician Group is limited

..................................
December 3, 2018

Hi and thank you for your review. Our work place culture could be more diverse, but it actually is very similar to our geographical area (statistics wise).

Did you know that Lee Health’s diversity is recognized among some of the largest and most recognizable companies, including Coca-Cola, Apple, Amazon.com, Walt Disney and Starbucks, as part of Forbes magazine’s “AMERICA'S BEST EMPLOYERS FOR DIVERSITY - 2018” list?

As a Practice Supervisor, the next progression is a Practice Manager. Some of our highest level leaders have worked their way up within the Lee Health system over the years. We encourage you to talk with your leader or their leader to discuss potential career advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lee Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight