Lee Health Employee Reviews

Can not recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 22, 2018
Board member more interested in their multiple $100,000 golf membership and parties, then the well being of the patients who they say they are there to help,
Pros
Cons
Do not care about the people who work for them during an emergency
Micro Managing Management
Lee Physician Group (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 18, 2018
I can not speak on behalf of all of Lee Health but the contact center is a joke. The new management micro managed to the point of timing bathroom breaks and standing next to agents during calls to "make sure" we were following protocol. When it came time for praises- there were none. Management only spoke with agents when they felt there was a problem. They were not leaders.. they were dictators. Vacations were hard to come by / get approved as well as doctors visits and sick days. Theres no compassion or feeling of trust with management. The center is falling apart. Employees shouldnt be scared to be fired or reprimanded for following protocols. Theres delayed communication and no room for anyone to make suggestions and have them seriously considered. I would not recommend this department for anyone.
Pros
agents are nice and benefits were nice.
Cons
everything else.
Good place to gain employment , Hospitals nice, Management issues
EKG Tech I (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 13, 2018
For the most part, I enjoyed the job and gained much experience. Lots of turnover in Management so it made things confusing at times such as scheduling and policy issues.
Cons
High turnover in Management
Lee Health
Certified Nursing Assistant to RN 8W Med/Surg/Tele (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 8, 2018
I worked on a great floor where my co workers had been there for over 15 years. Although when I started they had just gone to working 12 hour shifts and a few people were still working 8 hour shifts. This changed when we moved to a different floor. Then all those people were offered days or nights. As time went on more staff came and went but mostly for day shift and only a few for nights I obtained my job because a night nurse passed away(so sad but true). Overall a great place to work. Compared to other benefits packages ours were great, medications generic were free, and you could see employee health nurse practitioner for free with appointment. You also got a free yearly physical from your primary care doctor.They offered long and short term disability. In florida we get seasonal busy and they will put beds in the halls. More patients to care for and expect the "scores" to keep going up.
Pros
Great Co Workers, Good team work.
Cons
Seasonal busy like every where in florida
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 6, 2018
Excellent team ready to go above and beyond for the patients. Could be demanding, but is a rewarding work and positive work culture. Will recommend to a friend.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Productive fun place to work
Cardiac staff RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 3, 2018
a typical day was well organized you knew where you were going to be and if you needed to float to another unit you were asked first not just sent. you have opportunities to learn and to grow. they have lunch time free CEU's inservices for staff. reimburstment for furthering your education, easy transfer to other units. most enjoyable part of the job everyone is friendly including management.
Pros
discounts, easy transfers, lots of opportunity.
Cons
5 hospitals to float too.
challenging
PATIENT CARE LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 25, 2018
Loved the people worked with. Loved the hours I worked it left me with plenty of time to continue my schooling. I learned a lot from my fellow employees as well as the management.
Pros
reinbursement for school
Lee Health
nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Lee Health has forgotten that nurse usually are women that have children, husbands/wives, or single parents with responsibilities to them. Instead of bulling your nurses, think of ways to support these women and empower them to be the greater good in our community.
Fair compensation & good place to work
Clinical Optimization Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Lots of positive change occuring throughout organization. Good compensation and benefits package and PTO. Time given to dedicate to learning and growing as an employee.
Benefits
Cons
Decentarlized department structure
Poor management and toxic work environment! Run
Former RN (Former Employee) –  Ft Myers, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Lee is not union! No representation! And monopoly in Lee County! It is unfortunate that you are continually looking over your shoulder. Nurses were encouraged to “inform” on other nurses. I have never worked in a facility that was so anti-nurse. Why? Because they are the only game in town! Don’t waste your time! Head south to NCH!
Cons
Poor wages, vindictive and toxic environment and bullying happens routinely
Student Volunteer Review
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 8, 2018
I loved volunteering at Lee Health not just because of the benefits, but because of the friendly environment. There was not one day of the week where I came in and did not get a smile from someone. The people who work/ volunteer their help you and make you feel comfortable and that's what i loved most about working there.
Pros
Discounts on trips to Disney, Free lunch, and more
Cons
nothing really
Bad place to work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Management insults you and you get no support from employee relations. Worst place to work ever! Too much nepotism! If they want to get rid of you they find a way and get you out the door quick!
Cons
great pepple to work with
Per Diem Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Good job, you are not micromanaged. Good place to work and they provide education and flexibility in the schedule. I would go back to work there. Not too up on therapy though.
Pros
nice place
Cons
old hospital
Secretary for the Orthopedics Unit (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 23, 2018
Daily work taking care of needs for the unit
Managing of calendar appointments
Decent
Team oriented culture
timekeeping was the hardest
Joint Class was the most fun
Pros
great benefits
Cons
average pay
No union
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 15, 2018
Unfortunately there is no union like many other states. No one to assist you.
They do offer tuition assistance w contract signage - that equals job security, since Lee Health is a monopoly.
hard sorker
Nutrition Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 12, 2018
can do anything that is taught to me.get along with all employees and works very hard.any job would be blessed to have me.ill make you happy I promise.
Pros
great employees
Cons
no breaks
Stable organization
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 10, 2018
Stable organization that has been growing over the last several years. There are a lot of job openings right now, but the wages are lower than competitive organizations.
Strong Goals with slow changes
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 3, 2018
The organization has great leadership and is working toward making many changes to improve the care provided. However, the changes take so long due to inaction or the inability to come to consensus and put a plan in place.
Great Workplace but comes with unnecessary drama
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant Advanced (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 31, 2018
This is a great organization to work for but management burns out employees fast. It feels more like a advertisement company than a hospital now. The patients leave happy though.
Various Areas to Work
Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 27, 2018
Moving to different areas within the company is pretty easy. They have tuition reimbursement. You can start off as an operator, move to registration, and to claims with experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lee Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight