LEGACY HEALTHCARE SERVICES Employee Reviews

Too much concern for the bottom line
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 27, 2018
Even though my manager is a PT, she is the least caring person I have ever encountered anywhere. concerned only with profit margin and treats residents as a money making machine. Her distrust with direct reports is so readily palpable. She wants to "build caseload" but will not invest in the time to do it because it drops productivity. The company culture is one that places revenue and profit above all else. Treats therapists poorly and not professionals. Their attitude towards therapists is one that does not value their contribution, especially my manager, who will point out the smallest failing in spite of the greater magnitude of improvement and successes. It seems that in their effort to save money and not reward their employees, they will nitpick on the smallest failure. They have all these uplifting words about how they are therapist owned, but they are from the caring people you would expect from a therapist.owned company
Cons
Poor company culture
Overlooks therapists who have been loyal to company
PTA PRN (Current Employee) –  Polk County, FLApril 7, 2018
I loved the places I worked at, but without much warning they cut their contracts with the buildings. Currently prn, but was promised full time when hired. Company gave me the choice of either remaining prn and helping at a new building a little further away or being terminated. I stayed prn, only to see a job posting for a prn and full time PTA for the same building. No loyalty to therapists who have been with company > 1 year+.
Pros
Patients; flexible work hours
Cons
Cut contracts with buildings without much warning, don't give current staff opportunity to fill new openings, just hires new ppl
An Excellent Company
Lab Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salmon Creek, WAMarch 16, 2018
Legacy Health is a great environment to work. The staff has an attitude of pride in their job. I love helping people & it is very gratifying to be in a field that’s mission is to aid & heal the sick.
Pros
Great people & management!
Cons
Very hard work, so you need to take care of yourself:)
Good environment
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2018
Nursing home setting split time between three different locations, pretty stressfull environment pay and workload did not balance out. Staff was great good culture.
Manageable Workload
Occupational Therapist, Out-Pt (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 7, 2018
I see about 7 patients on average per day. I have a lunch break and can go to the bathroom if needed. The benefit of working with this company is the amount of time they give you to do paperwork and be able to be a thorough therapist. I have worked in 10 different buildings Legacy is in housed in and the clientele is mainly seniors. We are there to provide therapy services to them as needed. The hiring managers and employees they hire are easy to get along with and they make every effort to provide quality online continuing education. There are separate managers available to answer questions you may have in regards to treatment, ethics and how to build a caseload. I have not been denied time off and at some buildings get free lunch. The patients have challenges of different levels but are medically stable for the most part.
Lots of temps, no openings
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 6, 2018
They had lots of temps working there, and only 2 openings. Makes for a very competitive environment. Purchasing and AP are behind substantially, and it makes it difficult to get invoices paid, especially those that need to be on a purchase order.
Pros
Lots of perks, parties
Cons
Lots of temps, no available permanent openings, cut-throat atmosphere
Best place I have ever worked!
Therapy Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oxford, FLMarch 1, 2018
I can not say enough about the support, communication, and wonderful culture that this company is built on. Therapist owned and lead! I honestly would say that you can not find a more wonderful and understanding company. Great mentorship programs that allow for continued growth and success. It truly is a team approach from the CEO to each individual therapist. The clinical programming and education that is provided truly sets this company above all others. If you would like to finally feel like you are where you are supposed to be as a therapist and want patients instead of politics to be your focus, then this is the company for you!
Pros
Flexibility, advancement, culture
Unorganized company
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2018
Terrible place to work. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They are not loyal to employees. They only care about productivity. Many employees are forced to work off the clock and management refused to acknowledge it.
Worst place to work
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 21, 2018
The administration lack talent. They onboard several new position just to eliminate the position,effective immediately! This is without a severance, just GOOD BYE. Unless you are a therapist, you are to respected!
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Administration lack talent and resistant to change
Just like many employers over the years with knee jerk reactions, panicking when case load is down.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
So sick and tired of therapy contractors laying off co-workers when census dips, then scrambling to find help. Overall, Legacy was decent before they folded to that recourse. Good pay and average communication and attention. Tight with the budget to the point of neglect of patients who needed basic supplies and we RAN OUT of stuff, like Kleenex and meds...
Pros
Competitive compensation
Cons
Bottom line is $ not care
Consistent with everything and very punctual
Provider (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 6, 2018
They were always good to me and my concerns. They were always very understanding and found someone to cover if I needed a day or few hrs off. They never questioned my work and was ok with all that I was doing
Upbeat and interesting
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 25, 2018
Working with the staff at Legacy has been an upbeat work environment with a lot of collaboration between disciplines. PT and OT have been good referral bases.
Pros
No micromanaging.
Cons
Medicare B cap in place
Wonderful place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2018
The team members are always positive and upbeat. Management is nothing like I have ever encountered. Always willing to help and listen to staff. I have felt extremely appreciated for my hard work and knowledge of what should be done in my position. No bells and whistles in my office aesthetically, it's really not needed as we do not have general contact with Therapist and Patients; functions for what we need.
I would recommend this company to anyone looking a career or company change.
Sometimes the moment is what governs our outlook. The overall rating for me is A+++++
Pros
Feeling of self worth
nursing
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJanuary 18, 2018
I loved the patients. It would be like your going to complete a skilled assessment on a patient and a medication set then you would get a call from the office stating someone called off and you would have to stay until someone showed up, most of the time no one came
Pros
the patients
Cons
management
The Best Therapy Company I Have Ever Worked For!
Rehab Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 17, 2018
From the Corporate office to the Individual facililites, this is the best company I have ever worked for. Legacy offers so many Clinical Programs & Continuing Education courses for all of their employees to grow professionally & advance from within. The CEO visits every single facility & meets every single employee & I don't know very many companies that do that. I love this company!
Pros
Corporate is always welcoming & available
Cons
Staffing can sometimes be an issue
Friendly and Very Positive
Home Provider (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 21, 2017
People are always friendly and very positive always a great work ethics the managers always work to keep employees positive and on point its all around great place to work
Great Experience!
OTA (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GANovember 18, 2017
Legacy has wonderful facilities for the aging population. Facilities are clean and residents seem to enjoy the sense of community they offer. I have not had a lot of assignments to date, but have found value in the services offered.
Pros
Facilities
Cons
Productivity expectations.
stay on your toes
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORNovember 4, 2017
twenty patients, rooming, go over vital, up date medication, allergies, wound care, take x-rays if needed, answering phone in between, scheduling in between, inbasket messages in between patients. Setting up procedures if need, sizing up shoes or boots if needed. For all twenty patients.
Pros
Dr. wants to see twentyfive to thirty patients
Cons
I have learned a lot with epic system
Great feelings of helping others
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZOctober 25, 2017
I loved working there. The staff and residents at Legacy are some of the best people I have ever known. I truly miss the crew I worked with I am still facebook friends with many of them today.
Pros
You get a chance to meet some of the best people
Cons
The passing of some of the sweetest souls
Very simple
Home Provider (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 22, 2017
I worked as my mom's provider so it was not hard at all but she moved and that is the only reason i had to let go but other team that i would still be there.
Pros
Very simple
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEGACY HEALTHCARE SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.