LEGACY HEALTHCARE SERVICES Employee Reviews

Make the company money or get boxed out.
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2018
This company will expect you Make them money regardless if it benefits the patient. They have reduced the befits provided while increasing the monthly budget they want you to bring in for them. They recently decreased the flexibility of our working hours while forcing you to take holidays off and taking your accrued PTO to cover them. Don’t expect communication between ranks either. This company is contracted to facilities that can cancel the contract at any point so they will throw you under the bus at a moments notice if the contract is jeopardized in the slightest way regardless of ethics.
Pros
Cons
Stressful. Cutthroat. Non patient advocate.
good place to work
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Spencer, NCDecember 2, 2018
Good place to work, would have stayed however our company lost the contract with the facility I was placed in.

Typical day at work was good for work life balance.

Management was easy to get along with.

Worked closely with other therapy disciplines.

The most enjoyable part of the job was my patients.
Offers CEU
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Spencer, NCDecember 2, 2018
Building I worked in was fairly relaxed. Productivity for assistants in SNF 90%, ALF/ILF 80%. Expects to initiate company programs that aren't always appropriate with site specific population. Can sometimes expect to keep patients on caseload too long for increased profit. Was not informed of 401K not starting until after 1 year of employment until another therapist informed me.
Pros
Flexible
Benefits
company does not vslue employees
Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, NCNovember 27, 2018
Great staff to work with within a highly stressful but rewarding job however things that are not in my control I need to seek other employment due t0 change in job setting and I have concerns about the company's policy.
I enjoyed working for Legacy
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 11, 2018
I was hired as PRN COTA for Legacy. I was willing to drive to many different buildings Legacy has contracts with. I had a great experience working with Legacy and worked with 8 different managers and never had an issue with anyone of them. The only reason I am no longer with Legacy is I took a full time position in home health and became so busy there was no time for me to work PRN. I felt respected and included even though I worked PRN. I would love to work full/part time with Legacy again.
Pros
Respectful and offered me continuing education even though I was PRN, had the ability to work at 8 different buildings and management was respectful
Cons
I was PRN and would go some weeks with no work and had to look for a full time position
Poor management/ Lack of space
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 23, 2018
I was asked to bill for minutes I did not work when working with dementia patients if they were unavailable and there was little space available to perform physical therapy care. I had only worked at one facility, but I am quite sure the management was directed to get every minute of treatment no matter what. Unfortunately, I do not work that way.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor managemnt
All people at Legacy were very nice & caring about their clients
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 22, 2018
Legacy has very nice & caring employee's from the office workers to home health provider's. Very nice Employer. They are completely & always concerned for the well being of their clients & are always willing to work very hard to accommodate a comfortable work schedule for both clients & employee (providers).
Pros
Work with a a suitable work schedule for both client & provider
Cons
Sometimes you may have to work every weekend
Your job is what you make of it!
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 25, 2018
I enjoy some of my coworkers but have difficulty with some but I manage by coming to work and doing my job. The job is stressful with not much outside help and has the potential to cause aggravation but can be fun or okay on other days.
THERAPY SERVICES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 25, 2018
I love my staff and duties that have been given to me are manageable. Billing system is easy to pick up. Patients on therapy are appropriate and make gains with their independence.
Nice place to work
Provider (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for legacy home health it taught me a lot and I learned new things from there they helped me out and answered all my questions when I had them
Fun place
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Well organized company staff is so, welcoming, from human resources to payroll and receptionist they all developed very accurate and timely manner. W
Pros
Beautiful hrs
Cons
No, cons
Provided by Physical Therapist PRN
Physical Therapy PRN: Flexible working hour (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 5, 2018
Area Manager lacks professionalism, courtesy, and respect. The on-site DOR was Super and should be promoted. Lacks the proper patient care clinic,to conduct daily treatments with no consideration for privacy. As a flexible PRN PT was "guaranteed certain number of hours per week." They lure you in with this "guarantee" but quickly change with decrease in patient load. You meet or exceed expectations and pathetic annual salary increases are 2% or less. Be aware.
Pros
On site Director or Rehab
Cons
Area Manager; annual salary increases are too low.
Standards
Rehab Director/LPTA (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAJuly 31, 2018
Productivity was not realistic, its about the money not patient care, employee loyalty means absolutely nothing! Short staffed at all facilities, programs developed but never followed up on, company doesn't follow their own policies.
Pros
Pto
Cons
everything else
Great coworkers and benefits but poor management
Physical Therapist Assistant Full Time (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 30, 2018
poor upper management with lack of support for staff. great benefits and compensation. expectation to work off the clock at times for marketing events.
slow paced, relaxed
Sunrise Senior Living (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 9, 2018
The working place is slow paced, relaxed, quiet, require low productivity, manager is helpful, staff are nice. Although the PRN rate is on the low side
Great place to work other than the politics in the office.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 3, 2018
This is a great place to work. Their main flaw is training. They need to have someone train people correctly and have to patience to train people. They need to allow the time for proper training that way when the new employee is left on their own, then they are able to to the job properly without causing many errors.
very much like being a slave
Therapist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 27, 2018
Management care about $$$ not therapists or patients. Can not take more than a week vacation 5 working days in a row must get approval for more than that and if granted don't expect it to be granted again the next year. You earn your time off but they limit how and when you can take it and limit carry over from year to year They do not contribute to medical plan which has a $5,000 yearly deductible for one person at a cost of nearly $150 per month add a dependent and it skyrockets several hundred dollars a month. So if you like being told if and when you can take your earned vacation, pushed to meet unrealistic productivity usually by working off the clock then this is the company for you.
Pros
Cons
no raises 90% productivity regardless of meetings training etc
It pays good
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 31, 2018
it pays good but sometimes you could end up getting stuck with a client that has family that can make your job overwhelming. This is what happened to me.
Too much concern for the bottom line
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 27, 2018
Even though my manager is a PT, she is the least caring person I have ever encountered anywhere. concerned only with profit margin and treats residents as a money making machine. Her distrust with direct reports is so readily palpable. She wants to "build caseload" but will not invest in the time to do it because it drops productivity. The company culture is one that places revenue and profit above all else. Treats therapists poorly and not professionals. Their attitude towards therapists is one that does not value their contribution, especially my manager, who will point out the smallest failing in spite of the greater magnitude of improvement and successes. It seems that in their effort to save money and not reward their employees, they will nitpick on the smallest failure. They have all these uplifting words about how they are therapist owned, but they are from the caring people you would expect from a therapist.owned company
Cons
Poor company culture
Overlooks therapists who have been loyal to company
PTA PRN (Current Employee) –  Polk County, FLApril 7, 2018
I loved the places I worked at, but without much warning they cut their contracts with the buildings. Currently prn, but was promised full time when hired. Company gave me the choice of either remaining prn and helping at a new building a little further away or being terminated. I stayed prn, only to see a job posting for a prn and full time PTA for the same building. No loyalty to therapists who have been with company > 1 year+.
Pros
Patients; flexible work hours
Cons
Cut contracts with buildings without much warning, don't give current staff opportunity to fill new openings, just hires new ppl

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEGACY HEALTHCARE SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.