LEGACY HEALTHCARE SERVICES Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Provider (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for legacy home health it taught me a lot and I learned new things from there they helped me out and answered all my questions when I had them
Fun place
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Well organized company staff is so, welcoming, from human resources to payroll and receptionist they all developed very accurate and timely manner. W
Pros
Beautiful hrs
Cons
No, cons
Provided by Physical Therapist PRN
Physical Therapy PRN: Flexible working hour (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 5, 2018
Area Manager lacks professionalism, courtesy, and respect. The on-site DOR was Super and should be promoted. Lacks the proper patient care clinic,to conduct daily treatments with no consideration for privacy. As a flexible PRN PT was "guaranteed certain number of hours per week." They lure you in with this "guarantee" but quickly change with decrease in patient load. You meet or exceed expectations and pathetic annual salary increases are 2% or less. Be aware.
Pros
On site Director or Rehab
Cons
Area Manager; annual salary increases are too low.
Standards
Rehab Director/LPTA (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAJuly 31, 2018
Productivity was not realistic, its about the money not patient care, employee loyalty means absolutely nothing! Short staffed at all facilities, programs developed but never followed up on, company doesn't follow their own policies.
Pros
Pto
Cons
everything else
Great coworkers and benefits but poor management
Physical Therapist Assistant Full Time (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 30, 2018
poor upper management with lack of support for staff. great benefits and compensation. expectation to work off the clock at times for marketing events.
Great place to work other than the politics in the office.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 3, 2018
This is a great place to work. Their main flaw is training. They need to have someone train people correctly and have to patience to train people. They need to allow the time for proper training that way when the new employee is left on their own, then they are able to to the job properly without causing many errors.
very much like being a slave
Therapist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 27, 2018
Management care about $$$ not therapists or patients. Can not take more than a week vacation 5 working days in a row must get approval for more than that and if granted don't expect it to be granted again the next year. You earn your time off but they limit how and when you can take it and limit carry over from year to year They do not contribute to medical plan which has a $5,000 yearly deductible for one person at a cost of nearly $150 per month add a dependent and it skyrockets several hundred dollars a month. So if you like being told if and when you can take your earned vacation, pushed to meet unrealistic productivity usually by working off the clock then this is the company for you.
Pros
Cons
no raises 90% productivity regardless of meetings training etc
It pays good
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 31, 2018
it pays good but sometimes you could end up getting stuck with a client that has family that can make your job overwhelming. This is what happened to me.
Too much concern for the bottom line
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 27, 2018
Even though my manager is a PT, she is the least caring person I have ever encountered anywhere. concerned only with profit margin and treats residents as a money making machine. Her distrust with direct reports is so readily palpable. She wants to "build caseload" but will not invest in the time to do it because it drops productivity. The company culture is one that places revenue and profit above all else. Treats therapists poorly and not professionals. Their attitude towards therapists is one that does not value their contribution, especially my manager, who will point out the smallest failing in spite of the greater magnitude of improvement and successes. It seems that in their effort to save money and not reward their employees, they will nitpick on the smallest failure. They have all these uplifting words about how they are therapist owned, but they are from the caring people you would expect from a therapist.owned company
Cons
Poor company culture
Overlooks therapists who have been loyal to company
PTA PRN (Current Employee) –  Polk County, FLApril 7, 2018
I loved the places I worked at, but without much warning they cut their contracts with the buildings. Currently prn, but was promised full time when hired. Company gave me the choice of either remaining prn and helping at a new building a little further away or being terminated. I stayed prn, only to see a job posting for a prn and full time PTA for the same building. No loyalty to therapists who have been with company > 1 year+.
Pros
Patients; flexible work hours
Cons
Cut contracts with buildings without much warning, don't give current staff opportunity to fill new openings, just hires new ppl
Good company
Home care provider (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 2, 2018
It's a good company to work for , except for not handing out raises...after almost 2 years I'm still at the same pay rate ! I'm looking for a company that is willing to pay a little more.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No raises
An Excellent Company
Lab Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salmon Creek, WAMarch 16, 2018
Legacy Health is a great environment to work. The staff has an attitude of pride in their job. I love helping people & it is very gratifying to be in a field that’s mission is to aid & heal the sick.
Pros
Great people & management!
Cons
Very hard work, so you need to take care of yourself:)
Good environment
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2018
Nursing home setting split time between three different locations, pretty stressfull environment pay and workload did not balance out. Staff was great good culture.
Manageable Workload
Occupational Therapist, Out-Pt (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 7, 2018
I see about 7 patients on average per day. I have a lunch break and can go to the bathroom if needed. The benefit of working with this company is the amount of time they give you to do paperwork and be able to be a thorough therapist. I have worked in 10 different buildings Legacy is in housed in and the clientele is mainly seniors. We are there to provide therapy services to them as needed. The hiring managers and employees they hire are easy to get along with and they make every effort to provide quality online continuing education. There are separate managers available to answer questions you may have in regards to treatment, ethics and how to build a caseload. I have not been denied time off and at some buildings get free lunch. The patients have challenges of different levels but are medically stable for the most part.
Lots of temps, no openings
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 6, 2018
They had lots of temps working there, and only 2 openings. Makes for a very competitive environment. Purchasing and AP are behind substantially, and it makes it difficult to get invoices paid, especially those that need to be on a purchase order.
Pros
Lots of perks, parties
Cons
Lots of temps, no available permanent openings, cut-throat atmosphere
Best place I have ever worked!
Therapy Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oxford, FLMarch 1, 2018
I can not say enough about the support, communication, and wonderful culture that this company is built on. Therapist owned and lead! I honestly would say that you can not find a more wonderful and understanding company. Great mentorship programs that allow for continued growth and success. It truly is a team approach from the CEO to each individual therapist. The clinical programming and education that is provided truly sets this company above all others. If you would like to finally feel like you are where you are supposed to be as a therapist and want patients instead of politics to be your focus, then this is the company for you!
Pros
Flexibility, advancement, culture
Unorganized company
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2018
Terrible place to work. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They are not loyal to employees. They only care about productivity. Many employees are forced to work off the clock and management refused to acknowledge it.
Worst place to work
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 21, 2018
The administration lack talent. They onboard several new position just to eliminate the position,effective immediately! This is without a severance, just GOOD BYE. Unless you are a therapist, you are to respected!
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Administration lack talent and resistant to change
Just like many employers over the years with knee jerk reactions, panicking when case load is down.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
So sick and tired of therapy contractors laying off co-workers when census dips, then scrambling to find help. Overall, Legacy was decent before they folded to that recourse. Good pay and average communication and attention. Tight with the budget to the point of neglect of patients who needed basic supplies and we RAN OUT of stuff, like Kleenex and meds...
Pros
Competitive compensation
Cons
Bottom line is $ not care
Consistent with everything and very punctual
Provider (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 6, 2018
They were always good to me and my concerns. They were always very understanding and found someone to cover if I needed a day or few hrs off. They never questioned my work and was ok with all that I was doing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEGACY HEALTHCARE SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about