Legacy Toyota Employee Reviews

My experience.
TOYOTA MASTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Average place to work at, average pay, benefits. Being from different Toyota dealers this is slightly sub-par with the average. Management could be more involved especially when there is room for improvement.
Fun friendliy work enviornment
Leasing And Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 6, 2017
Long hours, a lot of phone calls to make. Phone call was the most challenging. I learned some ways of finance and I learned more about cars in general, i learn how to close deals with customer sales. The most enjoyable thing about work is having some good co-workers to work with why you learn. Also having a smooth interaction with assisting customers is enjoyable
Pros
good training
Cons
long hours, pay could be a little better
Fast paced fun friendly work environment.
SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day as a service writer is about ten hours long. Management is available if needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to perform my duties without little or no supervision. Management believed and supported the team on individual/independent decision making. The hardest part of my job was having to wait for products that were on backorder. The sales and service department worked together effectively to ensure all deals were successful and clients were pleased.
They're terrible
Vehicle Exchange Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 28, 2017
Cars are overpriced and the hours are ridiculous. Management is incompetent. The culture is terrible. Upper management is not open to discussion with lower level employees.
Pros
Cons
Hours and culture
A typical day at work
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 10, 2017
Very fast paced fun environment to work in. You get to meet and interact with a number of clients daily. Great Co workers and great bosses. Helping people is something i really enjoy doing.
Fun place to work while learning a lot
Internet Sales (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 18, 2017
Fun place to work & learn a lot of skills of the trade. Very clean atmosphere. Friendly customers. Employee benefits & special pricing program for employees.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, employee bonuses.
Cons
Not centrally located
Do Not Work in Sales
Sales and Leasing (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 8, 2016
Legacy Toyota provides their sales employees with fallacies. I would not recommend working for this particular Toyota branch if you are planning to be in sales. They do not keep up with their word. You do not always get the SPIFFS that are promised. Management is not up to par. They do not care about their sales employees . Sales employees will get bashed for expressing their opinions. Traffic is extremely slow in the week and utilizes an up system. For those, who do not know what an UP system is, it is a system where sales employees have to take systematic turns in order to talk to customers. You are forced to be in the hot sun for 3-5 hours, if there is no traffic. If , you want to take a small break from being outdoors they will send you to the back of the line in the system. Most employees will get one customer a day , if that using this system. Sometimes, you may not even get a chance to go outside to speak to customers. Also, if you get someone who is not serious on buying or have bad credit you will have to go back in the line as well. It is modern day slavery in that place. Ever since this system has been place the hustle and sales morale has extremely gone downhill. Management claims they believe in optimism and improvement, but they only care about their pockets. Favoritism is highly expressed through the sales environment. They force you to do phone calls, they are a waste of time and does not increase traffic sales. Management will sell you out in a heartbeat. They say they will work with you and train but that is not truthful. Sales employee turnover right is extremely  more... high. Also, management is not filled with professionals who deserve their position. They are hired, because of friendship not professionalism. Find a dealership that cares about their employees, cause this one does not.  less
Pros
Great Co- workers
Cons
management, high turn over rate for sales employees
Fun workplace. I lice my coworkers
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 31, 2016
It's a good place to work . I get along well with me coworkers. But the management sucks. Management continues to change. Procedure changes and you never know what to expect.
Pros
Great coworkers, free time, laid back
Cons
Over work and under pay
fun workplace
Dealer Trade/Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAMay 26, 2016
very fun and exciting place to work. employees very easy to get along with. decent pay. went from receptionist/cashier to working in the office being a dealer trade clerk. did everything but sold cars and I enjoyed it.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 25, 2016
Store is going downhill management sucks. Retention rate for employees is horrible they hire every two months. Lot traffic is also slow and they have an up system.
Good place to be in car sales
Car Salesman (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 27, 2015
Atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable. They all ways try to keep a good supply of vehicles on the lot for selection. They also have a new GM who is doing a great job of holding everybody accountable for their customers.
Pros
good management
Cons
too many hours and not enough fanily time
Hard work but can pay off if experienced in sales.
Car salesman (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee FlOctober 13, 2015
Typical day at work is a long day and you have to know how sell and have and an understanding of the product you are selling.
A fun experience
COSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 27, 2015
Working for Toyota was very interesting because of the people that I met while working there. The days were long and the work was hard but overall it was a very interesting job.
life everday
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 15, 2015
long, intense, fast paced
how to better serve the customer and how to get better at my career
tries there best to turn situations into positives
learning to better themselves
putting bulbs in new vehicles
the last hour of work
Legacy Toyota
Automotive Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahasse, FlJune 1, 2015
Ideally working at a dealership would be rewarding, meet new people , no day is the same. Toyota is was all of that when it came to the customers, always a different story that part was great. Training , Management and longevity no so likely. I did not receive proper training . I was told maybe 10 of the 110 things I was expected to do, now I do not require an abundance of on the job help, but seeing as this was my first dealership to be employed with I had no experience. So it was a daily hit or miss, the other cashier wasnt too friendly or willing to provide help, management weren't either. I learned a great deal about the car business, I already had a love of cars but learning the inter workings was fun. My daily routine I came to work at 6:30 am opened up filed, answered phone calls, mostly customer complaints, and checkout customers. I would work at DIFFERENT dealership, the pay was great and the hours were to, I just would suggest to actually be trained rather than tossed in the fire.