Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews

Na
Assistant General Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 18, 2018
Legal Sea Foods is a great company in Boston where the home office is located. It is not the same in the mid Atlantic region. There is too much turn over in upper management which leads to a lack of communication at the restaurant levels.
Pros
Great benefits and support at the corporate level
Cons
Bad upper management and no support
Excellent Training Program
Lead Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 2, 2018
Legal Seafoods taught me proper restaurant standards that I still practice in my position today. They have one of the highest standard for quality that I have ever seen in my career working in hospitality. They are very dedicated to giving the proper training to all of their employees to ensure a quality and consistent dinning experience. They also have company outings and events to show appreciation for all of their employees. They provided free meals and excellent benefits for all of the employees including 401K that was matched by the company up to $1,000 per year.
Pros
Outstanding Training, and benefits
Cons
small sections for servers
Fast paced with lots of opportunities to learn
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 8, 2018
Working with Legal Sea Foods presented a lot of opportunities to learn and grow with a very professional management team. The great thing about being within Legal Seafoods is the great organization that helps the restaurant operate smoothly on a daily basis.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, friendly management, opportunity to learn
Cons
Benefits, hours, compensation for non tipped employees
Productive, fast paced, overall smooth like place to work in.
Waiter/Host (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2018
I feel that management could be better and benefits could be more but other than that everything is smooth to me. Working at the company was a great experience and helped me with a lot of my social skills as well as knowing how to remain calm under pressure
Fast-paced work environment, employees move between positions frequently
Fish Monger (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJune 7, 2018
Legal Sea Food is a great way to get experience in a fast paced work environment, especially if one is interested in working in a semi-upscale restaurant environment. One can easily develop relationships or sense of familiarity with guests as it is a long term staple within the Chestnut Hill community. However there are not many opportunities to advance in restaurant positions and for pay raises, especially if you are a seasonal worker &/or student while working here.
Pros
discounted lunches(although sporadic now after location change), 20% discount any Legal restaurant, tips may be possibility for front of house workers
Cons
disorganized managers, little opportunity for company advancement, inconsistent number of staff workers in some departments, which leads to overworking of current staff
Fun place to work.
1st Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
Don't pay enough for the work you do.Company does not give a discount on employee meals. You train new employees without being paid to train them. Some managers show favoritism towards certain employees.
Pros
Great Management Team
Cons
Low pay and the benefits are expensive
The pay is good most of the time and the environment is workable.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 29, 2018
This is an easy job to get stuck in a rut at. The pay is good enough to keep you there and the stress is just on the cusp of not being enough to make you leave. The corporate culture is exhausting and continuously makes seemingly senseless decisions. Roughly half of the managers are high quality fair people and the other half are moody and difficult to deal with. There is a strange culture of being too professional in the areas that dont matter and not professional enough in the areas that do. This job is good for some quick money over a few months to a year but getting stuck here too long will prove detrimental to your mental health.
Pros
Free employee meals, flexible hours, healthcare, decent breaks
Cons
Management, high stress environment, poor staffing, large employee turnover rate
legal seafood
Host, Runner, Busser (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 17, 2018
Legal seafoods is a great lace to get life experience but should be there as a stepping stone to a better career. They had showed me a lot but a lot is lacking from this company in staff wage.
great place
Head Server (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 17, 2019
very professional management. always enjoyed working here from the start and I will always have a job to fall back on that pays a decent amount while I try other business ventyres
Highly recommend for work
Head Server and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2018
I had a great time working here. the staff was great, so was the management. The money was good, Just had to work the right shifts. I left because I was promised a better job opportunity.
Fun, competitive workplace.
Server, Barback, Busser, Food-Runner, Host (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 6, 2018
I loved working here because of the fast paced, quality work environment that served great food to the guests. The management was solid and was always there to help the employees. The culture was one of togetherness. The hardest part of the job was how busy it could get and the most enjoyable part was the income and the feeling of being apart of a team.
Pros
Feeling of being apart of a team
Cons
Non
Smh
pantry worker I Make desserts (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2018
Great overall atmosphere. The people are cool. Management just sucks right now. Been there for a year now and they starting to play with my hours... Food is ok. Depend who is there on that shift cooking.
its great
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 1, 2018
great company to work for

great work/life balance

cares about its associates

culture is incredible, truly cares about its people/guests

great training/follow up

overall amazing to work for!
High quality food and people
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 29, 2018
Although I worked for Legal Seas Foods for two years, my time there was excellent and I leaned valuable experience I used every day. It was a pleasure working there and would gladly work with them again.
Great Industry, Respectable Banner
Busser/Barback (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2019
I thoroughly enjoy the restaurant and hospitality industry. We have a diverse group of managers, with different personalities and strengths. I have a great deal of respect and appreciation for the general manager, as he is very approachable, responsible, and supportive. There are some concerns which I have encountered, but again, I am thankful for the GM for being the approachable person he is. The server staff is also very diverse, everyone has a different personality, and it is challenging and fun to interact with all of them.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
not everyone pulls their weight.
Fun and fast paced
Server/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 2, 2019
We served the best quality seafood and were well informed by the chef as to what we were serving each night. Teamwork was a must, and knowing food/wine pairings was important.
Pros
New knowledge on food preparation
Cons
Restaurant was in the Mall
Great food great people
Burlington, MA, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MADecember 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at legal seafood I always felt like I was in the middle of something great it was a very exciting place to work and the food is absolutely amazing. They also offered discount to the workers and the environment was also very nice. What a great place to work I need lots of money.
Pros
Great food great customers
Cons
It’s a waitressing job
Great company, too far from home
Assistant General Manager/Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 1, 2018
While at the job, it is face paced and high volume. There is a lot of responsibility and room for growth. There are varying levels of skill with manage to that puts stress on me. Hardest part of job was long hours and hour long commute each way with a growing family at home.
The job was good for the time I worked for the company
Prep line cook (Former Employee) –  New York StateNovember 25, 2018
I enjoyed the job for the time I was employed at the company. I learned a lot from washing dishes to all the stations in the kitchen. I had a pleasant time employed there.
quick paced city environment
Restaurant Floor Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 21, 2017
fast paced; at times stressful
learned how to be flexible and adapt to the needs and wants of the employees and guests.
got along well with fellow managers and employees
in my opinion, there was a lack of communication amongst the management team
the hardest part of the job was remaining positive in times of stress
the most enjoyable part of the job was working in a fast paced environment that is constantly changing
Pros
money
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legal Sea Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight