Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews

Very Well Run Operation
Crystal City, Chef (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticAugust 16, 2018
It was a very good place to work. Company really wanted to do the right thing for employees, customers and environment. Only issue was that it was more of a seafood company running a restaurant than a culinary operation.
Fun, competitive workplace.
Server, Barback, Busser, Food-Runner, Host (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 6, 2018
I loved working here because of the fast paced, quality work environment that served great food to the guests. The management was solid and was always there to help the employees. The culture was one of togetherness. The hardest part of the job was how busy it could get and the most enjoyable part was the income and the feeling of being apart of a team.
Pros
Feeling of being apart of a team
Cons
Non
Fast paced
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 4, 2018
Legal Sea Foods, LLC, was where I learnt to be passionate about people, products and the process of how to evolve with the changes in our industry. The high standards they instilled in us were incredile.
Pros
Great reputation
Cons
It never stopped!
management
Lead Busser /Barback (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAAugust 2, 2018
management was the worst. Whenever an employee complained we got a new manager and the rules got changed. This was happening every couple of weeks the last year that I worked there.
Excellent Training Program
Lead Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 2, 2018
Legal Seafoods taught me proper restaurant standards that I still practice in my position today. They have one of the highest standard for quality that I have ever seen in my career working in hospitality. They are very dedicated to giving the proper training to all of their employees to ensure a quality and consistent dinning experience. They also have company outings and events to show appreciation for all of their employees. They provided free meals and excellent benefits for all of the employees including 401K that was matched by the company up to $1,000 per year.
Pros
Outstanding Training, and benefits
Cons
small sections for servers
Great company, too far from home
Assistant General Manager/Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 1, 2018
While at the job, it is face paced and high volume. There is a lot of responsibility and room for growth. There are varying levels of skill with manage to that puts stress on me. Hardest part of job was long hours and hour long commute each way with a growing family at home.
One of the best jobs
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2018
This company is still family owned and it shows. They were founded on quality and that is the drive of every shift, and of every employee. Great place to work, hands down.
Not bad for coorporate
Lead Server, Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2018
Bring your A game. They have high standards of service and food safety. I think it is better to work for one of the Boston area locations. Atlanta was the step-child of the company in my opinion.
Productive, fast paced, overall smooth like place to work in.
Waiter/Host (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2018
I feel that management could be better and benefits could be more but other than that everything is smooth to me. Working at the company was a great experience and helped me with a lot of my social skills as well as knowing how to remain calm under pressure
the food is awesome
cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2018
stressful if you don't prep for yourself the day before you day might end up being a very bad day... from the time the doors open its non stop business
Pros
the people i got to meet
Cons
its every man for them self
Fast paced with lots of opportunities to learn
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 8, 2018
Working with Legal Sea Foods presented a lot of opportunities to learn and grow with a very professional management team. The great thing about being within Legal Seafoods is the great organization that helps the restaurant operate smoothly on a daily basis.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, friendly management, opportunity to learn
Cons
Benefits, hours, compensation for non tipped employees
its great
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 1, 2018
great company to work for

great work/life balance

cares about its associates

culture is incredible, truly cares about its people/guests

great training/follow up

overall amazing to work for!
Great environment
Food Runner, Bus Staff and Seater (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 17, 2018
great place to grow and learn as much as you can from the industry. but must be quick on your feet if you are to survive in this job. recommended to work at.
It works for now
Key Chef (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 16, 2018
I got out of restaurant life a while back but the wife got promoted to a store 800 miles away so had to find a new one so this was it. It works for now and the pay is ok.
Pros
Decent food
Cons
Helth care plan is horible
Fast-paced work environment, employees move between positions frequently
Fish Monger (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJune 7, 2018
Legal Sea Food is a great way to get experience in a fast paced work environment, especially if one is interested in working in a semi-upscale restaurant environment. One can easily develop relationships or sense of familiarity with guests as it is a long term staple within the Chestnut Hill community. However there are not many opportunities to advance in restaurant positions and for pay raises, especially if you are a seasonal worker &/or student while working here.
Pros
discounted lunches(although sporadic now after location change), 20% discount any Legal restaurant, tips may be possibility for front of house workers
Cons
disorganized managers, little opportunity for company advancement, inconsistent number of staff workers in some departments, which leads to overworking of current staff
Overall working conditions pleasant.
Customer Service/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAJune 6, 2018
Managing the flow of guests, processing requests for private functions.making sure wait staff was friendly and attentive to the guest .

Enter data into computer for the days reservation and staff needed.

Hardest part of my job was to make sure everything ran smoothly.

The most enjoyable part was meeting and greeting so many wonderful people.
Pros
Great people I worked with.
Cons
Low pay
It was alright
Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2018
Not the best experience of my life. We had all types of personalities there, so it made it tough. Hours were always available, and the money was good if the day allowed it. Some people were just rotten people. Nothing you can do about that.
Pros
Hours available, free lunch, training
Cons
sometimes no break, people working with you
The highest quality sea food
Assistant General Manager / Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2018
What an amazing company to work for. Long hours, but the steps they take to insure the quality of the food they serve their guests is second to none.
Pros
Food
Cons
Hours
I will like work with this company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston maMay 15, 2018
I like to work with company it’s near by my living place area I can work however they want just five oppugniate to work with this company I will do my best
Enjoyable
Server (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 22, 2018
The culture is interesting but laid back in terms of not taking advantage of servers as other restaurants do. The people are amazing. The management is either hit or miss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legal Sea Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight