Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews

productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 18, 2019
Typical day required cleaning windows, confirming reservations, and greeting customers. I learned how to multitask and build communication and problem-solving skills with managers and waiters in order to try and create a calm environment for when the restaurant became extremely busy. The workplace culture did need some work due to the fact that the restaurant was under new management and that built a lot of confusion on how the restaurant would be run. The hardest part was dealing with a stressful workplace but in order to not become overwhelmed, I would take a quick break (If possible usually hard to do). I enjoyed eating with co-workers before opening and closing.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Little to no breaks, and stressful
New place cranston ri
Server (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMay 6, 2019
Servers here do not have reliable schedules and sections. Some days you have a 20 seat section and some days its only 6 seats. Unfair. Often overstaffed and hard to make any reliable money. Schedule seems to change week to week. I have only two shifts this week.

Kitchen is inflexible (and at times angry) with guests' special requests making guest contact confrontational and awkward. The attitude seems to be "OH WELL! We can always get more customers!". A visiting corporate manager actually said this to us my first week.

Some servers came here from a recently closed location and they say that this is a good company and they do care about good service and happy employees and things but I have not seen evidence of this.

Many of us new people are moving on to other places and the attitude of management is OH WELL! They can always get new servers.

Rock hard concrete floors in dining room hard of feet and back. Double shifts are particularly bad.

We are now made to wipe down plates by hand because the dishwasher doesn't work right. Dishes always covered in a greasy film. This has been a problem for months and nothing is done. And no one cares.
Pros
New place in town
Cons
Filthy plates. uncaring management
Little Caesars Spring organize the Food and customer service excellence
Food Runner / Server (Current Employee) –  Boston Logan International Airport, MAMay 6, 2019
Working at the place has been a great experience I learned a about the hospitality business. Employees and managers are very nice and helpful to get the best possible results the place is busy specially because is the airport but makes the shift goes faster.
Pros
Free lunch, healthcare
Cons
Same schedules
Lower level people = great. Higher = different story
Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 6, 2019
The “higher ups” don’t care about you. They only care about money and looking good for Roger. Room for growth isn’t a real thing because veterans get favored. Loved the working aspect and environment besides that.
Pros
Discounted food, a lot of money to be made, extensive training
Cons
Management, hr isn’t real, everyone’s sleeping with each other
N/a
Electrician,maintenance mechanic (Current Employee) –  One seafood way BostonApril 25, 2019
Great place to work at, people friendly, management is very good to work with, great food!, free parking, .............................................
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Legal Seafood
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2019
Great company to work for if you live North. They treated the Atlanta location like scum when they closed us down out of no where.The food was always subpar at this location and we got second hand tools and equipment. Luckily now they are gone.
Fun company, poorly trainer management
Server (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 4, 2019
I handle and ran take-out area in the back, would handle dozens of personal and business orders hourly.
I would put in order and prep food for pickup.
Handled money, food and customer service in take-out.

six months in the employees got a tour of the Boston Legal Seafoods fish factory to give us more knowledge of our work and what we sell, and i have to say, it was an amazing trip. I learned a ton about that we sell and where it comes from that i was able to apply that knowledge to my sales.
Great people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMarch 17, 2019
It was a great place to work part-time for some money on the side for the summer. The company was fair and very reasonable to work with and allowed for flexibility in scheduling
friendly respectful people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJMarch 7, 2019
closing manager was a very respectful and reasonable. The staff is very friendly and the place is very beautiful and relaxing. the food is very delicious.
its a cool social environment , depriving people who have better quality
Utility worker/ Perp Cook 1/First cook (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, VAMarch 6, 2019
well i believe this company takes love to change the way it operates. the menu apparently sucks, its sad to say the food is dry and bland. the flavors are a miss, the waste of food and byproducts are wasted along with contracts with the company. its more like a McDonalds
Pros
learn all you can and move on.tiring work, most players are lazy. dont be the new guy
Cons
no breaks, meals are waste, they waste food, i know if tha'ts culinary genius
Great company to work for.
FOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 4, 2019
Love the corporation great benefits, unfortunately, hours are not family oriented.
Great culture.
Running the operations of the restaurant is well done, due to the great system already put in place to follow.
It’s a good company to work for in terms of costumer values , yet they don’t treat their employees with 100% respect .
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2019
Good place to work over all, they offer great training in terms of beverage / seafood products , yet it feels like you are just a number in their huge game.
Pros
Good hours, cool peers, good company story
Cons
not Allowed to do overtime, need more hours, corporate not very keen on employees
Legal Seafood has great opportunities
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 24, 2019
Great place to work nice environment very clean great hours awesome Healthcare nice management
If you're looking to further your cooking skills this is a great environment to be in
great place
Head Server (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 17, 2019
very professional management. always enjoyed working here from the start and I will always have a job to fall back on that pays a decent amount while I try other business ventyres
Great Industry, Respectable Banner
Busser/Barback (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2019
I thoroughly enjoy the restaurant and hospitality industry. We have a diverse group of managers, with different personalities and strengths. I have a great deal of respect and appreciation for the general manager, as he is very approachable, responsible, and supportive. There are some concerns which I have encountered, but again, I am thankful for the GM for being the approachable person he is. The server staff is also very diverse, everyone has a different personality, and it is challenging and fun to interact with all of them.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
not everyone pulls their weight.
Fun and fast paced
Server/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 2, 2019
We served the best quality seafood and were well informed by the chef as to what we were serving each night. Teamwork was a must, and knowing food/wine pairings was important.
Pros
New knowledge on food preparation
Cons
Restaurant was in the Mall
Highly recommend for work
Head Server and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2018
I had a great time working here. the staff was great, so was the management. The money was good, Just had to work the right shifts. I left because I was promised a better job opportunity.
legal seafood
Host, Runner, Busser (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 17, 2018
Legal seafoods is a great lace to get life experience but should be there as a stepping stone to a better career. They had showed me a lot but a lot is lacking from this company in staff wage.
Great food great people
Burlington, MA, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MADecember 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at legal seafood I always felt like I was in the middle of something great it was a very exciting place to work and the food is absolutely amazing. They also offered discount to the workers and the environment was also very nice. What a great place to work I need lots of money.
Pros
Great food great customers
Cons
It’s a waitressing job
High quality food and people
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 29, 2018
Although I worked for Legal Seas Foods for two years, my time there was excellent and I leaned valuable experience I used every day. It was a pleasure working there and would gladly work with them again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legal Sea Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight