Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Very professional and quality focused group.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2019
Legal seafood was a great place to work. They are very supportive of their management team. They also provide opportunities for training and advancement. I would still be there but they closed the Atlanta location. I was given a chance to go to one of their other restaurants but I didn't want to relocate at that time. I think the part of the job that I liked the most was their willingness to try new things. They are always looking for ways to improve their business.
Legal Seafood
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2019
Great company to work for if you live North. They treated the Atlanta location like scum when they closed us down out of no where.The food was always subpar at this location and we got second hand tools and equipment. Luckily now they are gone.
Highly recommend for work
Head Server and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2018
I had a great time working here. the staff was great, so was the management. The money was good, Just had to work the right shifts. I left because I was promised a better job opportunity.
not enough money at Atlanta location
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2018
I started in May and the business will be closing. Last operating day Dec. 18, 2018. The business was slow unless an event was going on in the area. sad
Smh
pantry worker I Make desserts (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2018
Great overall atmosphere. The people are cool. Management just sucks right now. Been there for a year now and they starting to play with my hours... Food is ok. Depend who is there on that shift cooking.
Great coworkers, awful management.
HEAD SERVER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2018
The place is going down the drain. Management is petty, vindictive and doesn't value the individuality nor hard work of their employees. Nepotism runs wild, and the kitchen hires anybody who claims they've worked in a restaurant before. The clientele is awful these days, servers barely make enough to get by, but management doesn't care because their checks are signed at the end of the day. To top it off, the CEO doesn't care about this location because most of the employees are black, as are most of the customers.
Fun place to work.
1st Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
Don't pay enough for the work you do.Company does not give a discount on employee meals. You train new employees without being paid to train them. Some managers show favoritism towards certain employees.
Pros
Great Management Team
Cons
Low pay and the benefits are expensive
it use to be a great place to work
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2017
with current management not working with the employees we have a high turnover rate which isn't good, this causes all kind of problems. need a great staff to run a great business and we are lacking that
Pros
great benifits
Cons
management
Fun place to work
Senior Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2017
Can be hectic on the weekends!! Financially rewarding most of the year. Convention season and large downtown Atlanta events bring many customers. Great Seafood!!
Pros
Meet great people/Freshest Seafood
Cons
Need Southern Desserts
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2017
This was a great place to work. I liked the direct contact that I had with the cusrtomers at my oyster bar. I got to see a lot of famous people while working here.
Pros
Cons
Lack of hours
its okay its a restaurant
private dining leader and head server (Current Employee) –  275 baker street Atlanta, GaAugust 19, 2015
Everyday i work in a team oriented environment with the responsibility of communicating between the guest and the chef. I have learned about how to work with others and about wine and food from all over the world. The hardest part of my job is the physical demand on my body. the best park of my job is i get to meet people from all over the world and get to hear things about their culture.
Pros
team work, and meeting new people
Cons
the physical demand on the body
Fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2015
Great company, fun workplace, great managers, comfortable environment, great food, warm smiles and laughs, fast paced environment, great pay
team work
Pantry cook \oven cook (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2014
I have learned a lot working at legal especially seafood. The staff are friendly and pleasant to work with,i worked oven- steam we made spinach dip, all lobsters casserole, crab cakes.
Beatiful building
Overnight Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2012
Very cool place to work, people are very professional, the benefits and pay was awesome! best part about its was a overnight job so my whole day was free to take care of business or just relax and prepare for work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no free lunch
Proud of Product, Great benefits
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2012
I enjoyed working for Legal. The product is amazing and it was a pleasure creating a lasting experience for the guest. There was alot of turn over in management and I have mixed reviews on how employees felt about working for the company. But, the benefits were very good.
benefits
Cons
minimal appreciation