Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews in Boston, MA

KM at Logan Airport
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 2, 2019
Learned how to cook at Legals and still learning something new everyday. Was able to become a manager and learn scheduling, labor, budgets, food cost, etc. I like to create a fun atmosphere while working, the job must get done though otherwise privileges are lost and must be earned back. Sometimes the amount of things needed can get to you when the business picks up, but we have a great support staff in management around the airport that can always lend out a helping hand.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, good benefits
Cons
Small break intervals, far travel
N/a
Electrician,maintenance mechanic (Current Employee) –  One seafood way BostonApril 25, 2019
Great place to work at, people friendly, management is very good to work with, great food!, free parking, .............................................
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
It’s a good company to work for in terms of costumer values , yet they don’t treat their employees with 100% respect .
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2019
Good place to work over all, they offer great training in terms of beverage / seafood products , yet it feels like you are just a number in their huge game.
Pros
Good hours, cool peers, good company story
Cons
not Allowed to do overtime, need more hours, corporate not very keen on employees
Great Industry, Respectable Banner
Busser/Barback (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2019
I thoroughly enjoy the restaurant and hospitality industry. We have a diverse group of managers, with different personalities and strengths. I have a great deal of respect and appreciation for the general manager, as he is very approachable, responsible, and supportive. There are some concerns which I have encountered, but again, I am thankful for the GM for being the approachable person he is. The server staff is also very diverse, everyone has a different personality, and it is challenging and fun to interact with all of them.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
not everyone pulls their weight.
Fun and fast paced
Server/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 2, 2019
We served the best quality seafood and were well informed by the chef as to what we were serving each night. Teamwork was a must, and knowing food/wine pairings was important.
Pros
New knowledge on food preparation
Cons
Restaurant was in the Mall
legal seafood
Host, Runner, Busser (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 17, 2018
Legal seafoods is a great lace to get life experience but should be there as a stepping stone to a better career. They had showed me a lot but a lot is lacking from this company in staff wage.
Team Work!
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 20, 2018
Legal Seafood is a great place to work. My experience at Legal Seafood was a tremendous experience. I have made a lot of friends and patrons. I would definitely recommend anyone to work at any Legal Seafood.
One of the best jobs
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2018
This company is still family owned and it shows. They were founded on quality and that is the drive of every shift, and of every employee. Great place to work, hands down.
Fast paced with lots of opportunities to learn
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 8, 2018
Working with Legal Sea Foods presented a lot of opportunities to learn and grow with a very professional management team. The great thing about being within Legal Seafoods is the great organization that helps the restaurant operate smoothly on a daily basis.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, friendly management, opportunity to learn
Cons
Benefits, hours, compensation for non tipped employees
its great
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 1, 2018
great company to work for

great work/life balance

cares about its associates

culture is incredible, truly cares about its people/guests

great training/follow up

overall amazing to work for!
It was alright
Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2018
Not the best experience of my life. We had all types of personalities there, so it made it tough. Hours were always available, and the money was good if the day allowed it. Some people were just rotten people. Nothing you can do about that.
Pros
Hours available, free lunch, training
Cons
sometimes no break, people working with you
The highest quality sea food
Assistant General Manager / Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2018
What an amazing company to work for. Long hours, but the steps they take to insure the quality of the food they serve their guests is second to none.
Pros
Food
Cons
Hours
I will like work with this company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston maMay 15, 2018
I like to work with company it’s near by my living place area I can work however they want just five oppugniate to work with this company I will do my best
Stressful Environment
Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2018
Working for Legal Seafood was an experience. There were many ups- and downs while working for the company. I did learn tremendous amount, grateful for the time I spent with the company
helpful co workers and a lot of regulars.
Server/Busser/ Runner (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 27, 2018
Learn a lot about wines, beer, and sprites. Very busy season during spring/summer. when it is slow it is VERY slow. managment isnt always the best. Overall very good company.
Entertaining but stressful
Hostess/ Server (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2018
Like any restaurant, it does get busy from time to time. On our busiest nights, certain managers would be unable to handle so many tasks at once and in their own panic, would become unhelpful to their staff when needed. Otherwise, managers were pretty enjoyable as well as other staff. Long days when working doubles, but will receive one free employee meal.
cooks
Help preparing salad and cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2018
nice place to work if you like to cook like me good people to work with I really have a lot of fun working at legal sea food and they have good food.
quick paced city environment
Restaurant Floor Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 21, 2017
fast paced; at times stressful
learned how to be flexible and adapt to the needs and wants of the employees and guests.
got along well with fellow managers and employees
in my opinion, there was a lack of communication amongst the management team
the hardest part of the job was remaining positive in times of stress
the most enjoyable part of the job was working in a fast paced environment that is constantly changing
Pros
money
Cons
no benefits
It was really fun, productive, I learned a little something.
First Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 15, 2017
It was fun working for this company. I really enjoyed my coworkers. I learned alot of stuff there. The food was pretty good. It was just the late hours and the commute. Also, the storm of 2015.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, late hours, low pay rate.
The review of this company is manditory
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 12, 2017
The review portion is mandatory and I do not feel comfortable providing one at this time. Should you want a true depiction of what the company is truly like you should speak with a current employee directly.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legal Sea Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight