Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews in Cambridge, MA

productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 18, 2019
Typical day required cleaning windows, confirming reservations, and greeting customers. I learned how to multitask and build communication and problem-solving skills with managers and waiters in order to try and create a calm environment for when the restaurant became extremely busy. The workplace culture did need some work due to the fact that the restaurant was under new management and that built a lot of confusion on how the restaurant would be run. The hardest part was dealing with a stressful workplace but in order to not become overwhelmed, I would take a quick break (If possible usually hard to do). I enjoyed eating with co-workers before opening and closing.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Little to no breaks, and stressful
Mediocre
Server (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 25, 2017
Require a lot from workers. Would be better as a side job. Sometimes slow, sometimes busy. They would over staff and send people home when not needed. Had to plan around them not the other way around.
Bueno.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 28, 2017
Trabajo en equipo,servicio al cliente,compaƱerismo.
Pros
Mass Health
Cons
No hay descanso para sentarse.
Ok place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 11, 2017
Not Happy with pay and long, long hours required. Working at Legals isn't bad.........if you don't have a life. The staff is great and the location is convenient to get to by public transportation or car.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long Hours
A lot turn over
Chef (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 26, 2016
Good with great foundation however not a great quality of life and hard management to work for this company has a very high turnover rate.
Pros
good foundation
Cons
not repect for employees quality of life
fun place sucky management
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 29, 2015
hardest part of the day was dealing with the bosses they were not concerned enough about their employees and wanted nothing but the best results with the worst tools provided.
Pros
1/2 off food for employees boh
Cons
no breaks
A great place to work for students
server (Current Employee) –  Kendall Square, Cambridge, MASeptember 24, 2015
Legal Sea Foods is a great place to work if you're a student. They will mostly accommodate your schedule, though each weeks schedule is released the previous Thursday or Friday, so making plans is virtually impossible. I love the servers and cooks I work with, and my managers are great people, regardless if I disagree with the policies corporate is passing down to them. But that aside if you work hard and devote all your time to them they will advance you. The best part by far is family meal, which the cookies put a lot of effort into if time allows.
Pros
Family meal, 20% off companywide stores
Cons
small sections, 'ethical' fishing practices
A great starting point for recent grads and current students
Server (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 4, 2013
The work is rewarding in some areas. Typically the shifts are relatively short and the team atmosphere is great. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the chance to train with one of the few sommeliers of the world.
Pros
flexible schedules, discounted food
Cons
health care, lack of growth within company
Summer Job
Hostess, To-go specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 24, 2013
I recieved this job by replyingt o a Craigslist post. Sometimes I felt underappreciated here as an employee, but it was always rewarding for me in the end because of the guests that would come into the restaurant. I also loved the atmosphere of the restaurant at night. There was very beautiful detail put into the design of the place. I also enjoyed having the amount of work-space I did at the takeout counter.
Pros
"family meal" for all employees, everyday. it was whatever the chef wanted to make.
Cons
drama within particular work-place
crowded
line cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 13, 2012
crowded and busy, management is focused on money making only.They don't care about employee's needs.
Pros
easy to get in
Cons
management cares about money making only.