Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews in Chestnut Hill, MA

Legal Seafood has great opportunities
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 24, 2019
Great place to work nice environment very clean great hours awesome Healthcare nice management
If you're looking to further your cooking skills this is a great environment to be in
Great food great people
Burlington, MA, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MADecember 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at legal seafood I always felt like I was in the middle of something great it was a very exciting place to work and the food is absolutely amazing. They also offered discount to the workers and the environment was also very nice. What a great place to work I need lots of money.
Pros
Great food great customers
Cons
It’s a waitressing job
Great Place!
Server (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 20, 2018
Amazing food that is easy to sell to guests. Very well known restaurant in New England. Often very busy. Management caring and helpful. If you are a people person and you like a fast paced environment, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Often Busy
Cons
No Cons
Fast paced
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 4, 2018
Legal Sea Foods, LLC, was where I learnt to be passionate about people, products and the process of how to evolve with the changes in our industry. The high standards they instilled in us were incredile.
Pros
Great reputation
Cons
It never stopped!
Fast-paced work environment, employees move between positions frequently
Fish Monger (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJune 7, 2018
Legal Sea Food is a great way to get experience in a fast paced work environment, especially if one is interested in working in a semi-upscale restaurant environment. One can easily develop relationships or sense of familiarity with guests as it is a long term staple within the Chestnut Hill community. However there are not many opportunities to advance in restaurant positions and for pay raises, especially if you are a seasonal worker &/or student while working here.
Pros
discounted lunches(although sporadic now after location change), 20% discount any Legal restaurant, tips may be possibility for front of house workers
Cons
disorganized managers, little opportunity for company advancement, inconsistent number of staff workers in some departments, which leads to overworking of current staff
Wait Staff/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 24, 2018
Corporate setting yet had a family atmosphere
Great training programs to ensure confidence
Good work life balance
Good team work
Had to know a lot about wine
Extremely high volume seafood restaurant
Rounds Cook (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJanuary 2, 2018
Very busy seafood restaurant and market. All the food was extremely fresh. The hours were long and you can expect to work on holidays including christmas day.
Fast paced and very fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 19, 2017
I loved working here. My usually day consisteed of greeting and seating guests. I loved meeting so many new people everyday and the guests were very easy to chat with. Being able to oplenly and genuinely talk to new people makes the work shift move much faster.
Pros
free lunch, paid vacation
Cons
unpaid breaks, no sick time
Do not work here
Server (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 14, 2017
Legal Seafoods has an amazing reputation in the industry so, many prospective employees don't hesitate to apply. BEWARE! They treat their employees poorly. The management will make you feel as if you are in middle school with their rule and agenda. I worked at legals for many years and I understand why the management responds to their employees as they do, its because the higher ups put unrealistic pressures on them and gives them bonus incentives to come down hard on their employees. DO NOT APPLY!
Growth place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 11, 2016
* In a typical day of work I use to help the server serve the food to their customer.

* I've learned how to cut fishes in a professional way possible.

* I management to close my department by my self.

* The hardest part of my last job was waiting for the others employee to finish with their dishes to wash my dishes.
Pros
Free Luches
Cons
20 minute break, Gift card raffle
Overall good place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MASeptember 28, 2016
The business is always steady, the team is extremely energetic and helpful. The establishment is a bit outdated and the clientele can be difficult at times but can be counteracted with equally pleasant guests. Overall a great place to work.
High-Management Turnover
Server (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJanuary 22, 2016
The company has had several managers over the past few months. I believe that having this much change in management, without having any staff meetings to talk about it is the wrong way to go.
Pros
Money
hard work
FISH MARKET ASSOCIATE, BARBACK, SERVER (Former Employee) –  chestnut hill maOctober 4, 2015
learned a lot loved the crew I worked with they were team players, the only bad thing about this place was the demanding clientele
it was a good learning experience with the different guest we had come in
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 18, 2015
For me it was a good learning experience, we had a lot of important guest come in to eat at our restaurant. We also had to learn how to interact and deal with guest that weren't so nice from time to time.
Personally I had to learn that everyone is not a team player, I believe that was the hardest thing for me while working at this job. I'm more of a hands on person and love to interact with the guests and not everyone is like that. if I had to pick one thing that was enjoyable at legal seafood's it would be the pressure. before working at legal seafood's I had an issue with everything being down on time. an also with everything being done perfect and even though It was hard to learn. I learned it and it has helped me a lot in my life now. I needed to learn that no one is perfect and everyone is going to make mistakes and its ok as long as you learn from them.
Pros
alot of the guest were great and we got free lunches
Cons
lack of good teamwork
summary
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJanuary 15, 2015
my day at work is very fast paste everyday I learn how to have patience the hardest part of my job is not burning the bread but other then that I enjoy it I just need a job in my career which is criminal justice
Pros
great envoriment
Cons
pay rate
Great Seafood
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 16, 2014
The fish is always fresh, Legals has a good culture and team, a loyal clientele that could be difficult at times
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Micro Managment