Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews in Framingham, MA

Great company to work for.
FOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 4, 2019
Love the corporation great benefits, unfortunately, hours are not family oriented.
Great culture.
Running the operations of the restaurant is well done, due to the great system already put in place to follow.
great place
Head Server (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 17, 2019
very professional management. always enjoyed working here from the start and I will always have a job to fall back on that pays a decent amount while I try other business ventyres
The pay is good most of the time and the environment is workable.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 29, 2018
This is an easy job to get stuck in a rut at. The pay is good enough to keep you there and the stress is just on the cusp of not being enough to make you leave. The corporate culture is exhausting and continuously makes seemingly senseless decisions. Roughly half of the managers are high quality fair people and the other half are moody and difficult to deal with. There is a strange culture of being too professional in the areas that dont matter and not professional enough in the areas that do. This job is good for some quick money over a few months to a year but getting stuck here too long will prove detrimental to your mental health.
Pros
Free employee meals, flexible hours, healthcare, decent breaks
Cons
Management, high stress environment, poor staffing, large employee turnover rate
Fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 28, 2018
Very fast paced environment with many opportunities to learn. Very good money if you are a server, as for a cook it is a very good place to learn especially if you are fresh out of culinary school.
Fun, competitive workplace.
Server, Barback, Busser, Food-Runner, Host (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 6, 2018
I loved working here because of the fast paced, quality work environment that served great food to the guests. The management was solid and was always there to help the employees. The culture was one of togetherness. The hardest part of the job was how busy it could get and the most enjoyable part was the income and the feeling of being apart of a team.
Pros
Feeling of being apart of a team
Cons
Non
Great company, too far from home
Assistant General Manager/Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 1, 2018
While at the job, it is face paced and high volume. There is a lot of responsibility and room for growth. There are varying levels of skill with manage to that puts stress on me. Hardest part of job was long hours and hour long commute each way with a growing family at home.
Great environment
Food Runner, Bus Staff and Seater (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 17, 2018
great place to grow and learn as much as you can from the industry. but must be quick on your feet if you are to survive in this job. recommended to work at.
Fun
Part-time Employee (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 11, 2018
Easy going, can get stressful
flexible schedule
good food
i dont have anything else to say so i will just type my thoughts
annoyed that this is required and I regret committing to this
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late into night
Great
Back of the HOUSE/Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 21, 2017
The typical day at work is great. I learn new things every single day. Management makes things easy on us. The workplace culture is healthy. The hardest part of the job was the customers, The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
nice management,
Host (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 26, 2017
i like the overall experience. there were long breaks. awesome people. it wasnt hard to host. i liked the atmosphere. management was great. the foods delicious. just dont work with nela.
Pros
free food, huge discount, long break.
Very Professional and High Class Service
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 6, 2015
The clientele at Legal Seafoods are typically people who are willing to spend a lot of money for not just the food but for great service and experience. With that in mind, you don't just have to sell food, you have to sell yourself as well. I learned that guest experience is a lot and you have to be willing to commit your entire attention and time on keeping your guests happy and wanting to come back. The change from a more relaxed atmosphere at Friendly's, to Legals was different but drove me to be a more efficient worker.
good product and label to work for
Waiter, Functions, Mgmt, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 29, 2013
Follow sop to a clean and well organized opening of the restaurant. Participate in daily wine/beverage tasting, food tasting, role/plays, development of product sales techniques. Management was very motivational, sometimes lax however supportive of development and improvements. I progressed my knowledge further into the realm of wine/fine wine/dining/fine-dining/cocktails and fine food. Had my first restaurant management experience that was positive yet turned out to not be what I had wanted to forward my career. Job was not difficult, the more difficult situations transpired from tolerating irrational work habits of senior staff and management. Most enjoyable was the ability to apply new knowledge from wine/food/beverage directly to the work place.
Pros
staff meal plan, advanced trainings, worldly food and beverage exposure
Cons
inconsistancy in workplace structure