Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews for Bartender

Legal Seafood
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2019
Great company to work for if you live North. They treated the Atlanta location like scum when they closed us down out of no where.The food was always subpar at this location and we got second hand tools and equipment. Luckily now they are gone.
It’s a good company to work for in terms of costumer values , yet they don’t treat their employees with 100% respect .
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2019
Good place to work over all, they offer great training in terms of beverage / seafood products , yet it feels like you are just a number in their huge game.
Pros
Good hours, cool peers, good company story
Cons
not Allowed to do overtime, need more hours, corporate not very keen on employees
Great Industry, Respectable Banner
Busser/Barback (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2019
I thoroughly enjoy the restaurant and hospitality industry. We have a diverse group of managers, with different personalities and strengths. I have a great deal of respect and appreciation for the general manager, as he is very approachable, responsible, and supportive. There are some concerns which I have encountered, but again, I am thankful for the GM for being the approachable person he is. The server staff is also very diverse, everyone has a different personality, and it is challenging and fun to interact with all of them.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
not everyone pulls their weight.
The pay is good most of the time and the environment is workable.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 29, 2018
This is an easy job to get stuck in a rut at. The pay is good enough to keep you there and the stress is just on the cusp of not being enough to make you leave. The corporate culture is exhausting and continuously makes seemingly senseless decisions. Roughly half of the managers are high quality fair people and the other half are moody and difficult to deal with. There is a strange culture of being too professional in the areas that dont matter and not professional enough in the areas that do. This job is good for some quick money over a few months to a year but getting stuck here too long will prove detrimental to your mental health.
Pros
Free employee meals, flexible hours, healthcare, decent breaks
Cons
Management, high stress environment, poor staffing, large employee turnover rate
Excellent work environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 24, 2018
Job has a wonderful, comprehensive training program for servers and bartenders, and the work environment is wonderful and supportive. Looked forward to coming to work everyday.
management
Lead Busser /Barback (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAAugust 2, 2018
management was the worst. Whenever an employee complained we got a new manager and the rules got changed. This was happening every couple of weeks the last year that I worked there.
Excellent Training Program
Lead Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 2, 2018
Legal Seafoods taught me proper restaurant standards that I still practice in my position today. They have one of the highest standard for quality that I have ever seen in my career working in hospitality. They are very dedicated to giving the proper training to all of their employees to ensure a quality and consistent dinning experience. They also have company outings and events to show appreciation for all of their employees. They provided free meals and excellent benefits for all of the employees including 401K that was matched by the company up to $1,000 per year.
Pros
Outstanding Training, and benefits
Cons
small sections for servers
Great culture and staff
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAFebruary 15, 2018
This was my first love. The standards, the culture, the knowledge, and the people I met during my time here are unmatched. I started my hospitality journey here and I recommend this place to anyone who has a passion to learn about how guest services should be done. The food was amazing the drinks were inspired and the wine list was picked by one of the top 10 sommeliers in the world. I look back at my time here with a lot of gratitude
Pros
Great service tools learned here
Cons
No cons
Productive and informative place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 5, 2017
I was first hired as a food runner in May of 2014, there i was quickly moved up to serving, and then moved up to bartender. Great Place to work. Good atmosphere, great coworkers. Was shown the basics of bartending as well as learn ample amounts about wine.
Learned a lot but glad to be out
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 21, 2017
This job allowed me to learn a lot about serving, food and beverage, however they take all the fun out of working in the restaurant industry. They treat their employees pretty terribly, despite the fact that there are people who work there for decades. Glad to have it on my resume, but THRILLED i am OUT of that place.
Cons
open 365 days a year (yes--even, christmas day)
fast paced resturant with good quality seafood
Waiter, Bartender, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lynnfield, MASeptember 6, 2017
you had small sections working here only 3-4 tables per server. this made it very hard to make good money if your tables didn't turn or if you had people that weren't looking to spend to much. But in the right circumstances you could make some real money here too.
Pros
chance to make good cash
Cons
almost no brakes and small sections
Evil corporation
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAApril 22, 2017
This place is EVIL. They treat their employees like garbage. You are required to work holidays with no holiday pay, not even overtime. You HAVE to work Thanksgiving and Christmas and they don't pay overtime, no holiday pay, not even a bonus. Scum of the earth they are. Cheap, horrible capitalistic pigs. Their customers constantly complain because they want something free. It's overpriced and not that great, so people complain often. What an awful place, steer clear!
Pros
Cons
Many
Barback and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 30, 2016
The money's great. Depending on location you may have crazy hours but usually very good at balancing personal and work life. Managers are phenomenal always looking out for their employees.
good company
Server, Bartender (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 17, 2016
Learned a lot, good company to work for, managers care about their staff, it has become very corporate.. co workers are great but their is more turnover then their needs to be
Airport Restaurant/Bar - fast-paced, corporate atmosphere
server, bartender (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 23, 2015
I was a bartender at Legal Seafoods and my main tasks were making drinks, pouring wine and beer, selling/serving food, cleaning, and other bar tasks. I was expected to be friendly and fast in the airport environment. My coworkers were a mix of veteran servers/bartenders and young people who were working to get through college. The best part of the job was working with people from around the world and helping them have a great experience not only eating drinking, but also in the airport in general.
Pros
Great food, great hours
Cons
Slow season lasts months
hard work
FISH MARKET ASSOCIATE, BARBACK, SERVER (Former Employee) –  chestnut hill maOctober 4, 2015
learned a lot loved the crew I worked with they were team players, the only bad thing about this place was the demanding clientele
Exciting workplace with good management.
Barback (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2015
Shifts were typically 6 or 7 hours. I sharpened my culinary skills slightly while enjoying interacting with management. Management was wonderful and always there when needed. Most coworkers were friendly and social, making for a productive, team environment. The only challenge I could see was the unpredictability of the airport locations due to flight schedules. Working at Legal is a wonderful experience overall especially meeting a lot of interesting people.
Pros
Free meals, meeting difefrent types of people, great team environment
Cons
Fast paced, ever evolving workplace.
Bartender / Lead Server (Current Employee) –  Park Square, Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2015
Great location/company to work with if looking for career advancement in the hospitality industry.Well respected brand in the restaurant industry, with top notch training and high expectations of its workforce.
great co workers
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 18, 2014
Loved everyone that i worked with. Management can be a little off at times but thats what happens when people believe that they know everything when in fact they know nothing at all.
very strict,servers are disposable
bartender server (Current Employee) –  virginiaAugust 13, 2014
favoritism in management level.you get only tables maximum
Pros
steady cash
Cons
you are disposable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legal Sea Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight