Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews for Server

Great food great people
Burlington, MA, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MADecember 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at legal seafood I always felt like I was in the middle of something great it was a very exciting place to work and the food is absolutely amazing. They also offered discount to the workers and the environment was also very nice. What a great place to work I need lots of money.
Pros
Great food great customers
Cons
It’s a waitressing job
not enough money at Atlanta location
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2018
I started in May and the business will be closing. Last operating day Dec. 18, 2018. The business was slow unless an event was going on in the area. sad
Corporate Run, well managed and organized
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MA 02184October 18, 2018
Honestly working at Legal Seafoods showed me how a restaurant should be run rather than other laid back establishments I had worked for in the past. There is a lot of manager involvement in every shift, which is great for business, but can also intimidate and overwhelm the employee. High turnover rate because servers often do not make it past training or the first few weeks. I would work for this company again if given the opportunity.
Great Place!
Server (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 20, 2018
Amazing food that is easy to sell to guests. Very well known restaurant in New England. Often very busy. Management caring and helpful. If you are a people person and you like a fast paced environment, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Often Busy
Cons
No Cons
Productive, fast paced, overall smooth like place to work in.
Waiter/Host (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2018
I feel that management could be better and benefits could be more but other than that everything is smooth to me. Working at the company was a great experience and helped me with a lot of my social skills as well as knowing how to remain calm under pressure
It was alright
Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2018
Not the best experience of my life. We had all types of personalities there, so it made it tough. Hours were always available, and the money was good if the day allowed it. Some people were just rotten people. Nothing you can do about that.
Pros
Hours available, free lunch, training
Cons
sometimes no break, people working with you
Enjoyable
Server (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 22, 2018
The culture is interesting but laid back in terms of not taking advantage of servers as other restaurants do. The people are amazing. The management is either hit or miss.
Wait Staff/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 24, 2018
Corporate setting yet had a family atmosphere
Great training programs to ensure confidence
Good work life balance
Good team work
Had to know a lot about wine
Decent place to work for a college restaurant job
Server (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 2, 2018
You work really long hours (10-13) with little payout. On an average day, I would make between $150-200. Management is really unorganized. There is a lot of overtime available and there are always shifts to work.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
short breaks, bad management, job advancement possible
Fast paced, very productive and very family oriented
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 5, 2017
I would highly recommend Legal Seafoods to anyone who is looking to work in a fast paced environment. The money is really great and so is the team, everyone is very family oriented.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Short breaks
Professional and fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 10, 2017
Everyone is very nice and pleasant to work with. Management is friendly and understanding. The hardest part is working double shifts and being on your feet for 10 plus hours.
Very family oriented
Take-Out Server (Current Employee) –  Boston Logan AirportAugust 31, 2017
The managers treat you like family and the servers and cooks are all welcoming. It does get slow but when it’s busy it is very quick paced. You have to be able to deal with people.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts
Cons
Quick breaks
Life @ Legal
Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 30, 2017
I worked at Legal Sea Foods while pursuing my Master's degree. They were very cognizant of the fact that I had different responsibilities and worked with me to create a schedule that was manageable. I t was a lot of fun working in the restaurant industry. I learned a lot about food and wine. There wasn't a better place to work in the summer after relocating to the harbor-side location.
Great management, friendly work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 26, 2017
Good money. If you are willing to work hard the hours and opportunities are there for you to excel in the restaurant field. Great location in Northern Virginia.
Awesome place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 2, 2017
Understanding managers, easy to talk to, great place for advancement. Shifts begin at 11:00 am and typical work day is 4-5 hours for a single shift or 10-12 hours for a double shift.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great Staff
Very fun and productive place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 23, 2017
Great place to work for and company as well. I didn't want to leave my legal family. However they treat oh good! I loved the flexibility in my schedule
My Time at Legal Seafood
Server (Current Employee) –  dcJune 27, 2017
The Airport is a great location to work at, Legal Seafood itself is a welcoming , strong and growing corporation. I have enjoyed my employment here. I love meeting new people and the guests are friendly. They have great hours and the pay is well compensating
It is fun for a time
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 28, 2017
The pay is okay. There could be more benefits, if you work in the corporate side, I am sure it is better. Bartending there was okay, they are a little uptight about things.
Pros
lucrative
Cons
open on all holidays and it is mandatory that you work some
Mediocre
Server (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 25, 2017
Require a lot from workers. Would be better as a side job. Sometimes slow, sometimes busy. They would over staff and send people home when not needed. Had to plan around them not the other way around.
Do not work here
Server (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 14, 2017
Legal Seafoods has an amazing reputation in the industry so, many prospective employees don't hesitate to apply. BEWARE! They treat their employees poorly. The management will make you feel as if you are in middle school with their rule and agenda. I worked at legals for many years and I understand why the management responds to their employees as they do, its because the higher ups put unrealistic pressures on them and gives them bonus incentives to come down hard on their employees. DO NOT APPLY!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legal Sea Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight