Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews for Server

Energetic work place, very diverse
Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2013
Trained extensively in knowledge of fine wine and dining
Cash and credit card handling in fast-paced, high customer turnover environment
Able to perform both opening and closing bar responsibilities in a restaurant setting
Best of the Best Seafood & Wine Selection.
Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 15, 2013
Training at this company is very intensive, because of seafood and shell fish allergens we have to be extra careful when serving any guest. When I originally began my career with legal, I lived in Boston. The location I worked at was home to a 10,000 bottle wine cellar and every server was inclined to build their wine knowledge. The company offered wine tastings as well as dish sampling through our training. Management was always very pleasant and helpful. All of my co-workers were very knowledgable whether it was wine and spirits, or food. The hardest part of this particular job was making tea believe it or not. We had individual cast iron tea kettles that we would bring anyone who ordered tea. It wasn't a difficult tasks by any means, just time consuming, and if you had a couple of orders of tea and it was busy and there was no cream close by, or any clean kettles, you might just be pushed into the "weeds" a bit.
Pros
family meal, great food, great wine list, great drinks, great service.
Cons
some extra time intensive tasks
A great starting point for recent grads and current students
Server (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 4, 2013
The work is rewarding in some areas. Typically the shifts are relatively short and the team atmosphere is great. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the chance to train with one of the few sommeliers of the world.
Pros
flexible schedules, discounted food
Cons
health care, lack of growth within company
good product and label to work for
Waiter, Functions, Mgmt, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 29, 2013
Follow sop to a clean and well organized opening of the restaurant. Participate in daily wine/beverage tasting, food tasting, role/plays, development of product sales techniques. Management was very motivational, sometimes lax however supportive of development and improvements. I progressed my knowledge further into the realm of wine/fine wine/dining/fine-dining/cocktails and fine food. Had my first restaurant management experience that was positive yet turned out to not be what I had wanted to forward my career. Job was not difficult, the more difficult situations transpired from tolerating irrational work habits of senior staff and management. Most enjoyable was the ability to apply new knowledge from wine/food/beverage directly to the work place.
Pros
staff meal plan, advanced trainings, worldly food and beverage exposure
Cons
inconsistancy in workplace structure
Great Co-workers
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Short Hills New JerseyJuly 3, 2012
A typical day at work is a fun day. They put me in a great mood at all times no matter what, and that rub off on the guest that I come in contact with.
food server
Waiter / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2012
ok job. hired full time but hours cut to part time when ever they hired new people.tooo many times
Pros
money
Cons
some managert
Fun.
Server (Current Employee) –  Huntington, NYMay 22, 2012
My co-workers are what keeps me coming back to work.
The hardest part of the job can be the demanding customers.
I have learned a great deal about human nature, behaviors, and also about nutrition and caloric contents of the foods we serve.