Legal Sea Foods Employee Review

View all Legal Sea Foods reviews

Fast paced, ever evolving workplace.
Bartender / Lead Server (Current Employee) –  Park Square, Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2015
Great location/company to work with if looking for career advancement in the hospitality industry.Well respected brand in the restaurant industry, with top notch training and high expectations of its workforce.

Other Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews

productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 18, 2019
Typical day required cleaning windows, confirming reservations, and greeting customers. I learned how to multitask and build communication and problem-solving skills with managers and waiters in order to try and create a calm environment for when the restaurant became extremely busy. The workplace culture did need some work due to the fact that the restaurant was under new management and that built a lot of confusion on how the restaurant would be run. The hardest part was dealing with a stressful workplace but in order to not become overwhelmed, I would take a quick break (If possible usually hard to do). I enjoyed eating with co-workers before opening and closing.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Little to no breaks, and stressful
New place cranston ri
Server (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMay 6, 2019
Servers here do not have reliable schedules and sections. Some days you have a 20 seat section and some days its only 6 seats. Unfair. Often overstaffed and hard to make any reliable money. Schedule seems to change week to week. I have only two shifts this week.

Kitchen is inflexible (and at times angry) with guests' special requests making guest contact confrontational and awkward. The attitude seems to be "OH WELL! We can always get more customers!". A visiting corporate manager actually said this to us my first week.

Some servers came here from a recently closed location and they say that this is a good company and they do care about good service and happy employees and things but I have not seen evidence of this.

Many of us new people are moving on to other places and the attitude of management is OH WELL! They can always get new servers.

Rock hard concrete floors in dining room hard of feet and back. Double shifts are particularly bad.

We are now made to wipe down plates by hand because the dishwasher doesn't work right. Dishes always covered in a greasy film. This has been a problem for months and nothing is done. And no one cares.
Pros
New place in town
Cons
Filthy plates. uncaring management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legal Sea Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight