Legal Sea Foods Employee Review

View all Legal Sea Foods reviews

Evil corporation
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAApril 22, 2017
This place is EVIL. They treat their employees like garbage. You are required to work holidays with no holiday pay, not even overtime. You HAVE to work Thanksgiving and Christmas and they don't pay overtime, no holiday pay, not even a bonus. Scum of the earth they are. Cheap, horrible capitalistic pigs. Their customers constantly complain because they want something free. It's overpriced and not that great, so people complain often. What an awful place, steer clear!
Pros
Cons
Many

Other Legal Sea Foods Employee Reviews

productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 18, 2019
Typical day required cleaning windows, confirming reservations, and greeting customers. I learned how to multitask and build communication and problem-solving skills with managers and waiters in order to try and create a calm environment for when the restaurant became extremely busy. The workplace culture did need some work due to the fact that the restaurant was under new management and that built a lot of confusion on how the restaurant would be run. The hardest part was dealing with a stressful workplace but in order to not become overwhelmed, I would take a quick break (If possible usually hard to do). I enjoyed eating with co-workers before opening and closing.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Little to no breaks, and stressful
New place cranston ri
Server (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMay 6, 2019
Servers here do not have reliable schedules and sections. Some days you have a 20 seat section and some days its only 6 seats. Unfair. Often overstaffed and hard to make any reliable money. Schedule seems to change week to week. I have only two shifts this week.

Kitchen is inflexible (and at times angry) with guests' special requests making guest contact confrontational and awkward. The attitude seems to be "OH WELL! We can always get more customers!". A visiting corporate manager actually said this to us my first week.

Some servers came here from a recently closed location and they say that this is a good company and they do care about good service and happy employees and things but I have not seen evidence of this.

Many of us new people are moving on to other places and the attitude of management is OH WELL! They can always get new servers.

Rock hard concrete floors in dining room hard of feet and back. Double shifts are particularly bad.

We are now made to wipe down plates by hand because the dishwasher doesn't work right. Dishes always covered in a greasy film. This has been a problem for months and nothing is done. And no one cares.
Pros
New place in town
Cons
Filthy plates. uncaring management