LegalZoom.com Employee Reviews

Great Company
Customer Advocate I (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2018
LegalZoom is a great company with an awesome management team in place. The culture is continually changing do to all the changes going on within the company. However the pay is competitive, the benefits are awesome, and management really cares.
Pros
The people
Cons
Company going through constant changes
uncertainty
Sales/SET/LTV (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 29, 2018
Company is constantly changing, which is fine if they were prepared for it. Month to month services and applications change with and with out notice to both customers and agents. Metrics aren't known, and sometimes completely change, until the middle of the month so it makes it hard.
Culture is loose and co-workers are easy to get along with which are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Good
INBOUND/OUTBOUND SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 23, 2018
My time there was a good experience overall. I learned a lot from this company and will take that knowledge with me where ever I go. I recommend to those looking for a good entry into the sales field.
Legalzoom work environment
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 27, 2018
I normally worked Tuesday thru Saturday 8-5. I loved it because the environment because we treated each other with respect and always kept it fun on the sales floor. Management did at times what they could do for us. Plus there was a indoor gym and we always played basketball on lunch time.
Good Company
Account and Project Manager - Trademarks (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working there. Because Austin is a satellite sales office there is not much option to work outside sales. The HQ is in California. Most of the expansion opportunities reside in California.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Monitored calls - risk of UPL (unsolicited practice of law) when talking to customers.
Fun place to work with encouraging and supportive leadership
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2018
LegalZoom was by far the best workplace environment I’ve experienced in a long time. Leadership is encouraging and supportive. Base salary is fair with competitive monthly bonuses. It saddens me to no longer be a part of such an amazing team.
Pros
Encouraging and supportive leadership, adequate training, neat people, and free food
Cons
I opted for flex scheduling which didn’t leave me much work/life balance
Good place to build experiene and your resume
Student Loan Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2018
Good place to build experience and your resume! Work hard, be different and definitely abide by your schedule as much as possible and you will do well here!
The most stressful time of my life
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 8, 2018
I actually found Legalzoom.com through the middle man company called Sykes. Training for legalzoom was about a month and a half, paid. We started with 45 people in the class. At the end of training, there were 5 of us left. Everyone else had quit because it was that stressful. There were times I logged off at the end of the day sobbing. I was one of the 5 to finish the training but I told them there was no way I could do it. A friend that I had made in class who lived many states away from me had also made it, and he ended up staying for several months. He said he couldn't quit, he had a kid to care for, but he was so miserable. I was really happy for him when he found something else.

Every single thing you say is monitored and recorded. And anything you say can be held against you. And you can lose your job instantly if anything you say can be interpreted in any way negative or giving advice to customers. You cannot answer questions. But you're expected to answer questions.
Pros
work from home, work in your pjs, 9-5 job, never have to physically see your customers
Cons
Stress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAMay 22, 2018
I loved my job and helping people with all their business needs. The phone system was a little shaky so I lost a calls. This does make it hard to make sure calls are taken care of accurately.
Compliance Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 12, 2018
The company is enjoyable to work for and the people are friendly. You learn to be a leader. Your day is very busy. You have deadlines to meet with projects. The company does give you a change to grow and learn.
Pros
Prefer not to say
Cons
Prefer not to say
review
Customer Care Representative-Business Department (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 10, 2018
I left because the pay was too low for cost of living.
Management overly micro-managed and did not make one feel as if they were a valuable asset of the company. Requesting to move departments for growth were difficult and rarely occurred.
legalzoom
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 6, 2018
It is a great place to work if you are looking to get great benefits out of your job. The management team was more like the employees they treated you like family. Your every concern was met with expectations from the job. The only downfall is you don't get a great salary until you have worked the whole year and the job is temporary
Pros
great benefits, discounts, flexible hours, and great management team
Cons
short breaks and low pay rate
LegalZoom
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2018
Days were fun and atmosphere invited innovation and encouraged success. Management team had some great people and had some politics but overall company looked out for their employees and customers.
Pros
Environment, Events, Brand, BEnefits
Cons
Advancement opportunities, some management politics
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 20, 2017
Sales representatives provide entrepreneurs with the factual information necessary to help customers come to their own conclusion about what legal services best fit their needs. Ranging from business formations, to wills and trusts. Sales representatives walk customers through their questionnaires. While promoting Legalzoom products, building customer relations, and obtaining the highest level of commitment from their clients. Representatives also connect customers to additional resources such as attorney advice, assistance in small business management, and many other legal/business solutions.
Busy but worth the effort.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 12, 2017
This was an intense company to work for. The pace is very fast. You will need to be collaborative in order to achieve level advancement. It was both fun, and challenging but well worth the effort.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2017
I worked for Sykes which had Legalzoom as one of the clients. I really liked the Job and it was very competitive , rapid , and professional. It was great because there was much overtime given.
Pros
Always had overtime
Cons
No paid holidays
Great place that's always looking to improve.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2017
Great company that continually looks to innovate. Must be comfortable in a fast-paced atmosphere......................................................
Great place
PAYMENT RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2017
great place to work. good atmosphere to work in. Feels like a start up. We have several teams that work together helping people for their business and keep them in good standing.
No such thing as a free lunch
Manager Operations, Change & Release Controls (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 13, 2017
A typical day is a typical day if it was anything else they wouldn't call it work; one would be lucky to find himself working here however it takes hard work and determination just to get an interview in this organisation let alone get a job good luck.
Work Hard but don't expect equal pay
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 25, 2017
Preferential treatment, fast paced environment. You'll get recognized if management is your friend. Pay is horrible, unless you relocate to Austin, then you can get CA pay and think your pay is amazing
Pros
free bagels
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LegalZoom.com. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight