LegalZoom.com Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Sr. Systems Genesys Engineer (Former Employee) –  austin, TXMarch 14, 2019
The IT and Operations section does not have a clue what they want. The turn around is high, and the mgmt's head will spin if you call them out. Person I reported to asked me if I knew how to read. The concept is awesome; turnaround is high due to the wall of manager's pride. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Contract worker
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 21, 2019
Contract worker I am sure legal zoom treated employees on site better than us. We were treated as nobodies and did all the work just didn't seem fair at all.
Pros
Cons
less money and did all the work
Good job
sale (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2019
legalzoom is a great company to work for. like every other corporation they are money driven and seek to satisfy their investors but they provide a service that is unmatched, most importantly they provide solutions for problems everyday people have, with occasional software issues now and again.. but overall this is a great company to work for they pay attention to the well-being of their employees and the pay isn't too shabby.

if you are ready to learn,work and not listen to people and opinions then a job at this company will provide
job security
advancement opportunity
very valuable learning experience
Fair-good compensation depending on lifestyle/spending habits.
B2B,outbound,account management
inbound phone sales
goals and monthly targets
Pros
food, hours, opportunities, benefits, education, co-workers and company culture, fun working there sometimes.
Cons
very competitive, too many changes too quick
Great people and competitive climate.
PAYMENT RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 17, 2018
Great job. It can be stressful like any job. They give you the tools to help you succeed. It's your job to make the effort to learn and grow. The only hard part is to have patience with your customers.
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 10, 2018
Good work vibes. The management was very understandable. The company had good group activities like nerf war, karaoke night. Free lunch when you had to work late.
Pros
free lunches
My impression is that it's a good company
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 9, 2018
Unfortunately I landed in a team with a poor manager. However I don't believe this reflects on the rest of the company.

Work load is fine.

Work environment is fine
Pros
Current on technology stack
Email Specialist
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Austin County, TXDecember 9, 2018
Assist customer with issues with their order and provide education and guidance how to resolve issues.

Chatted with customer and assist customer with their issues and moved their order forward.

The best about the company is the customers and managers.

The word part of the company is the pay and sick time. The job offer 6 days off per year. Majority of the times 6 days is not enough when you are expected to use those days for doctors, dental, and vision appointments.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Enjoyed my time there.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2018
Truly enjoyed the culture there. However, my immediate supervisor was less than forthcoming when asked about the true nature of the project/ team I was working with.
Pros
Overall great culture. Free breakfast on Fridays and good selection of lunch & snacks.
Cons
No comment
Great Company
Customer Advocate I (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2018
LegalZoom is a great company with an awesome management team in place. The culture is continually changing do to all the changes going on within the company. However the pay is competitive, the benefits are awesome, and management really cares.
Pros
The people
Cons
Company going through constant changes
uncertainty
Sales/SET/LTV (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 29, 2018
Company is constantly changing, which is fine if they were prepared for it. Month to month services and applications change with and with out notice to both customers and agents. Metrics aren't known, and sometimes completely change, until the middle of the month so it makes it hard.
Culture is loose and co-workers are easy to get along with which are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Legalzoom work environment
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 27, 2018
I normally worked Tuesday thru Saturday 8-5. I loved it because the environment because we treated each other with respect and always kept it fun on the sales floor. Management did at times what they could do for us. Plus there was a indoor gym and we always played basketball on lunch time.
Good Company
Account and Project Manager - Trademarks (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working there. Because Austin is a satellite sales office there is not much option to work outside sales. The HQ is in California. Most of the expansion opportunities reside in California.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Monitored calls - risk of UPL (unsolicited practice of law) when talking to customers.
Fun place to work with encouraging and supportive leadership
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2018
LegalZoom was by far the best workplace environment I’ve experienced in a long time. Leadership is encouraging and supportive. Base salary is fair with competitive monthly bonuses. It saddens me to no longer be a part of such an amazing team.
Pros
Encouraging and supportive leadership, adequate training, neat people, and free food
Cons
I opted for flex scheduling which didn’t leave me much work/life balance
Good place to build experiene and your resume
Student Loan Debt Counselor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2018
Good place to build experience and your resume! Work hard, be different and definitely abide by your schedule as much as possible and you will do well here!
The most stressful time of my life
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 8, 2018
I actually found Legalzoom.com through the middle man company called Sykes. Training for legalzoom was about a month and a half, paid. We started with 45 people in the class. At the end of training, there were 5 of us left. Everyone else had quit because it was that stressful. There were times I logged off at the end of the day sobbing. I was one of the 5 to finish the training but I told them there was no way I could do it. A friend that I had made in class who lived many states away from me had also made it, and he ended up staying for several months. He said he couldn't quit, he had a kid to care for, but he was so miserable. I was really happy for him when he found something else.

Every single thing you say is monitored and recorded. And anything you say can be held against you. And you can lose your job instantly if anything you say can be interpreted in any way negative or giving advice to customers. You cannot answer questions. But you're expected to answer questions.
Pros
work from home, work in your pjs, 9-5 job, never have to physically see your customers
Cons
Stress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAMay 22, 2018
I loved my job and helping people with all their business needs. The phone system was a little shaky so I lost a calls. This does make it hard to make sure calls are taken care of accurately.
Compliance Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 12, 2018
The company is enjoyable to work for and the people are friendly. You learn to be a leader. Your day is very busy. You have deadlines to meet with projects. The company does give you a change to grow and learn.
Pros
Prefer not to say
Cons
Prefer not to say
review
Customer Care Representative-Business Department (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 10, 2018
I left because the pay was too low for cost of living.
Management overly micro-managed and did not make one feel as if they were a valuable asset of the company. Requesting to move departments for growth were difficult and rarely occurred.
legalzoom
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 6, 2018
It is a great place to work if you are looking to get great benefits out of your job. The management team was more like the employees they treated you like family. Your every concern was met with expectations from the job. The only downfall is you don't get a great salary until you have worked the whole year and the job is temporary
Pros
great benefits, discounts, flexible hours, and great management team
Cons
short breaks and low pay rate
LegalZoom
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2018
Days were fun and atmosphere invited innovation and encouraged success. Management team had some great people and had some politics but overall company looked out for their employees and customers.
Pros
Environment, Events, Brand, BEnefits
Cons
Advancement opportunities, some management politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LegalZoom.com. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight