LegalZoom.com Pay & Benefits reviews

Great work environment but unrealistic goals
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2019
The company itself is pretty awesome but with the new investors they’ve upped the sales goals making compensation almost unattainable. Experienced and top performers are leaving because their income potential has been dramatically decreased.
Good job
sale (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2019
legalzoom is a great company to work for. like every other corporation they are money driven and seek to satisfy their investors but they provide a service that is unmatched, most importantly they provide solutions for problems everyday people have, with occasional software issues now and again.. but overall this is a great company to work for they pay attention to the well-being of their employees and the pay isn't too shabby.

if you are ready to learn,work and not listen to people and opinions then a job at this company will provide
job security
advancement opportunity
very valuable learning experience
Fair-good compensation depending on lifestyle/spending habits.
B2B,outbound,account management
inbound phone sales
goals and monthly targets
Pros
food, hours, opportunities, benefits, education, co-workers and company culture, fun working there sometimes.
Cons
very competitive, too many changes too quick
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 10, 2018
Good work vibes. The management was very understandable. The company had good group activities like nerf war, karaoke night. Free lunch when you had to work late.
Pros
free lunches
Enjoyed my time there.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2018
Truly enjoyed the culture there. However, my immediate supervisor was less than forthcoming when asked about the true nature of the project/ team I was working with.
Pros
Overall great culture. Free breakfast on Fridays and good selection of lunch & snacks.
Cons
No comment
Great Company
Customer Advocate I (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2018
LegalZoom is a great company with an awesome management team in place. The culture is continually changing do to all the changes going on within the company. However the pay is competitive, the benefits are awesome, and management really cares.
Pros
The people
Cons
Company going through constant changes
Fun place to work with encouraging and supportive leadership
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2018
LegalZoom was by far the best workplace environment I’ve experienced in a long time. Leadership is encouraging and supportive. Base salary is fair with competitive monthly bonuses. It saddens me to no longer be a part of such an amazing team.
Pros
Encouraging and supportive leadership, adequate training, neat people, and free food
Cons
I opted for flex scheduling which didn’t leave me much work/life balance
legalzoom
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 6, 2018
It is a great place to work if you are looking to get great benefits out of your job. The management team was more like the employees they treated you like family. Your every concern was met with expectations from the job. The only downfall is you don't get a great salary until you have worked the whole year and the job is temporary
Pros
great benefits, discounts, flexible hours, and great management team
Cons
short breaks and low pay rate
LegalZoom
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2018
Days were fun and atmosphere invited innovation and encouraged success. Management team had some great people and had some politics but overall company looked out for their employees and customers.
Pros
Environment, Events, Brand, BEnefits
Cons
Advancement opportunities, some management politics
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2017
I worked for Sykes which had Legalzoom as one of the clients. I really liked the Job and it was very competitive , rapid , and professional. It was great because there was much overtime given.
Pros
Always had overtime
Cons
No paid holidays
Great place to work, and Friday free bagels.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CASeptember 5, 2017
Every day I would make about 100 phone calls letting customers know their processing status. I learned about DBAs and LLCs. The hardest part was the commute, due to the high traffic area. The most enjoyable part was the location, we worked by everything so lunch was great, and I could go to the gym before or after work.
Pros
Free Bagels on Fridays.
Cons
No benefits
Fun Environment and great benefits
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2017
I have been at Legalzoom for over a year and it is by far the best office environment I've worked in so far. The benefits are amazing and management is great as well.
A diverse and fun culture reflective of Austin
Lead - Customer Care and Performance Management (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 27, 2017
Working at LegalZoom is fun and challenging day in and day out. As an agent I stayed busy helping people build their dreams and during breaks and lunches there are private phone rooms where you can surf the web or tend to personal matters. There are banks of computers in the large break area for less private surfing and an occasional run away ping pong ball. Also several 60 inch flat screens with direct TV with living room style furniture to relax on. There are separate mini break rooms with free coffee as well as several different types of free milk. That's right - free milk. Whole, 2%, skim, almond and soy. There is also free Swiss Miss and tea.

LegalZoom is 100% no judgement and open. Everyone is pleasant and professional and laid back at the same time. You can have a conversation with the VP of another department just in passing or make small talk with a Director while getting free bagels on Friday. You'll see an older woman with purple hair and Converse All-Stars next to a guy with dread locks and $500 Jordan's next to a guy with a goatee, a Harley Davidson T-shirt and steel toe Doc Martins. And they are all smiling and having a great day at the Zoom.

The money and career opportunities are also great :)
Pros
Bagel Friday, Birthday Cake, Christmas party, summer mixer, barbecues, Monthly incentives, benefits, birthday holiday
Cons
You still work for a living
Great stay-at-home job
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 19, 2017
Working for Sykes was a great opportunity to try working from home. It was a very professional experience. Training was a month long. They take great care to make sure you're prepared before you're engaging the customers.

I didn't like how they just set you up with any random company that works through them. I ended up with Legalzoom. Although I was excited to learn new things, we (the rest of the class and myself) quickly realized that it would be no easy task. We started out with 45 people in the class. By the end of training, we were down to 5, including myself. Many people quit because it was too hard, and the rest quit because they realized there was no job security at all. One simple mistake, wording something in the wrong way, could lead to termination. I finished my training, but I declined the job offer.
Pros
work from home, benefits
Cons
no job security
Rising Sales Goals with Decreasing Reward
Hybrid Phone Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2017
Having a base salary with commission on top is nice but when the culture shifted to working harder for less reward, the charm left. Middle management is ultimately unempathetic or receptive to assisting after 2 months of being on the floor and suggestions for improvement fall by the wayside. Prepare for consistent changes announced after they are in effect, and lacking support.
Pros
they have a nice in house gym
Cons
consistently being pulled off the phones, limited prospecting options making it harder and harder to acheive sales goals
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 24, 2017
LegaZoom is a great caring employer. They're pay is competitive and they provide great benefits. I learned a great deal about the business documents, Intellectual product documents as well as the estate planning documents while working here.
Pros
Great people and fun environment.
Cons
I don't have any real cons to speak of about the company.
Fun workplace, Top heavy, Fun holiday parties
Quality Assurance & Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 20, 2017
The culture within LegalZoom is pretty fun. It used to have more of a startup feel but that was mostly lost as the company grew. The company is top heavy and you need to be in with the right people to move up. Compensation and benefits are pretty good too.
High pressure and click culture
Sales Specialist/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 13, 2017
While the pay and some of the benefits are excellent for LegalZoom. The overall culture and bias in the company is not good. They tend to have a certain click that if you are not part of then your chances to grow in the company reduce greatly.
If you like dead end jobs with no career advancement opportunities apply!
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 1, 2017
Management is a joke. If your in a position youre pretty much stuck there forever, unless you make a lateral move. Pay is insultingly low for the actual work that you do.
Excellent Benefits and productive environment
Senior Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 15, 2015
LegalZoom is a great company although it does not offer many opportunities for growth. Company is going through changes that may involve positions to transfer out of state or to become dissolved.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Little opportunities for growth. Company is going through changes that may effect job opportunities.
Its great place with wonderful people
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX, 78717October 9, 2014
but they did change the entire structure and compensation mid way through the year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LegalZoom.com. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight