Legend Senior Living Employee Reviews

Horrible work environment
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAMarch 18, 2019
Management does not care about employees or residents. Issues frequently over looked. Always under staffed. Beautiful facility on the outside but horrible management running the building.
Poor management,
Head Cook (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 17, 2019
Upper management is rude. Administator smile at you one minute then talk down to you. Horrible place to work. Always short staffing. A lot of gossiping
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long working, no day off
The worse place to work everyday
Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 14, 2019
Do not work here, they lie to you constantly they make promises and don't follow through.. VERY HIGH TURNOVER OVER IN STAFF. They don't care about you
Pros
Cons
Too many to list....do not work here
Run from this place and dont look back
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 12, 2019
Its the worst of the worst the CDM there don't know how to do a truck order and make a. Schedule not only that he cant cook they also can't keep staff you have to work by yourself. I feel so sorry for the resident they pay good money to stay there and they got employee dealing drugs out the back door. So i wouldn't. Recommend this place to my enemy. No matter if you call the corporate office nothing will get done.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
March 11, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. The care and safety of residents and employees is our top priority. Your comments are deeply concerning and we take allegations of illegal activity very seriously. We have several residences in the Wichita area and would welcome additional details so we can more promptly look into the activity described above. We encourage you to call our Associate Care Link Line at 877-877-3893 to provide more information. You may remain anonymous if you wish. Thanks again.

Excellent for residents, simply okay to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKFebruary 11, 2019
This company owns several residential buildings across the country; I've only worked at the Green Tree in Sand Springs location.

Green Tree's management falls into cliques and there is constantly high school level drama with them.
Pros
Free meals, depending on the DON
Cons
Management cliques
March 11, 2019

Thank you for your review and for the care you provide residents. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your experience overall and would love your feedback on how to improve. Please call our Associate Care Link Line at 877-877-3893 if you would like to share additional feedback or provide suggestions for improvement. Thanks again!

Horrible work place
UTILITY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2019
Worst place to work. poor management, disrespectful employees.
i have nothing good to say about this company. ........................................................
March 11, 2019

We are sorry you did not enjoy your experience and wish you the best of luck in future endeavors.

Highly recommended
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJanuary 30, 2019
I am a current employee. I would like to express how much I enjoy my job along with the residents. All I have to say is this negative feedback is from former employees. And at the time of employment I am sure they were fine up until they either quit or got let go.. it’s a given! This is a good place to work!!! Our HCC gets it done! All this bad talk has got to stop! She means well and knows her stuff! Our director knows her stuff as well and does a great job!
March 11, 2019

Thank you for your positive attitude and for the care you provide to residents! We appreciate your enthusiasm!

Working in Harmony
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 29, 2019
In working for this company, I have come to know and love my community. Daily interactions with residents, guests and fellow associates brightens my days considerably. My position entails a variety of duties and I enjoy the challenge that comes with balancing all aspects of it. Management in this community works well together to bring a harmony to the community and meet all the needs of the residents to make them comfortable and happy within their home as well as working with the associates to ensure they have the necessary support and tools to care for the residents and do their jobs.
March 11, 2019

Thank you for your review! We strive to provide a positive environment for residents and team members. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your work and thank you for the service you provide residents and their families.

Great Place To Work
RA/Med Aid (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJanuary 18, 2019
I have worked at Windsor Of Cape Coral many years. It is a GREAT company. The HCC is the Best We have had since I started working at the community. And we have had a few That really didn’t know what they were doing. Team work is nice at this community. Some prior employees they let go but feels like the DRAMA is gone from the building. Love My team here at the Windsor of Cape Coral! And really love the Resident’s and families! I wouldn’t think about leaving.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Pay for meals
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your job and thank you for the care you provide the residents!

Loved my residents. Hated managment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJanuary 5, 2019
The HCC was a complete moron. She had her favorites and everyone knew it. They never got in trouble for anything but those who did their job and did it well were over worked and ridiculed by managment. It might have just been the one I was working at, but I am terrified for how my residents are being treated now that I am gone. I loved my nurses who I worked directly under, they helped so much. I grew to loved my residents as family seeing I saw them more often than my own family. I grew to love their families as well. If you don't mimd poor managment that loses paperwork its a great company. I truly miss my residents.
Pros
Team work (sometimes), loving residents and families
Cons
Inconsistent staffing, no guarentee on meal breaks, bad managment
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and for the care you provided the residents and their families. The wellbeing of residents is our number one priority and we pride ourselves on attracting a dedicated staff that is passionate about serving seniors. We are sorry to hear you did not fully enjoy your experience with us and wish you the best of luck in your next role.

Stressful No teamwork Not a legend
Legend of Mckinney (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 6, 2018
Lack of teamwork poor management do more work due to medteck don’t do teamwork underpaid each shift complains about every little thing you don’t do very stressful place to work
Pros
Close to work easy to get to work
Cons
Lack of teamwork
December 17, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We strive to create supportive environments at all of our communities and recognize the value of all Associates. We are saddened you do not feel that kind of support and we encourage you to call our Associate Care Link Line at 877-877-3893 to provide additional information. Thank you for the work you do to care for residents.

Legend was good in the begining
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 6, 2018
Kitchen management was not professional the chef sits at the desk all day while the only cook preps two meals he never organized anything and always left early.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poor management
December 17, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We will look into the situation you describe and wish you the best of luck in your next role.

Unreasonable Expectations
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 20, 2018
Goals that were unrealistic were demanded by the hierarchy in regards to sales and occupancy. I never felt as if my career was secure, and this industry has an incredibly high turnover ratio.

My community superior was fine, however at this position you had no less than four Regional and VP positions above interacting with you day to day. I wasn't able to make unilateral decisions for sales and always had to get approval for all negotiations.

In a given day with 9 hours of work, there was really only 4 hours of actual work being accomplished as you are constantly being sidetracked by reports and meetings.

Sales Directors are a dime a dozen, look elsewhere for a career with more security and respect in the industry.
November 29, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not find your position to meet your expectations and wish you the best of luck in your next role.

Too much work, too little pay-too much management
Confidential (Former Employee) –  ConfidentialNovember 12, 2018
They expect you to perform super human feats on next to nothing pay. Resources such as budget and time are not afforded to you, yet you are expected to deliver.

Corporate calls all the shots and you are given no freedom or autonomy to do your job.

The employee doesn’t matter and neither does the senior. Only the deposits and money coming in.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
November 27, 2018

We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with us. The satisfaction of our residents and associates are two of our most coveted values. Please consider calling our Associate Care Link Line to provide additional details at 877-877-3893. You can remain anonymous if you choose to. Thanks again for your review and best of luck in your next role.

Great management!Awesome food
Cook (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLOctober 28, 2018
The new turnaround in the kitchen is extremely impressive to the residents. The chef is very talented with the minimal budget he has. The management team is great with the residents and most of the employees get along. Great work environment.
Pros
Kitchen is great
Cons
Needs Upgrade to scenery
November 27, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you are enjoying your work and thank you for the service you provide to our residents.

Former employee (Resident aide)
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLOctober 25, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE. The windsor of cape coral is not a good work enviornment! Management does not treat their employees with respect! They talk about employees behind their back! I was there for a few years and never had a problem until new management took over! They constantly have a turn over of staff. When We were short staffed they didn’t come to help out on the floor. When they did hire staff, they never stayed either because of the hostility and or not having enough training! Also one staff member is forced to do the work of what three people should be doing.. It is a very hostile work environment. Management had also created a shift rivalry. When you speak to corporate about the issues or concerns you have, NOTHING gets done about the problem. They just blow you off. Residents had break down because 3rd shift were forced to get them up before morning shift got there in the morning. I always would stay when first shift was short to help and they never changed residents in their memory care unit until before lunch. So residents were just sitting in urine and feces. And management never went back there. Apparently skin integrity isnt a concern to the nursing facility.. who would have thought.
Pros
Loved the residents
Cons
Hostility, short staffed, you have to pay for meals, lazy management, pay sucks.
November 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. The care of our patients is our number one priority, so we are concerned about what you describe in your review. Please call our Associate Care Link Line at 877-877-3893 to provide additional details so we may look into this further. Thank you.

Run away
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape CoralOctober 25, 2018
DO NOT APPLY HERE!!! I'm a former employee and was at the Cape Coral location for 4 years. Everything was great until new management was brought on. I was constantly targeted by management for things that I didn't even do because I wasn't even in the building that day. There is constant drama created by management. When you attempt to approach management about the issues you are berated in their office and told you get what you get. The building was severely understaffed. Most of the employees that were their were lazy and when you would tell management about that somehow it became your fault. I even called corporate to complain about the issues going on in the building before I quit and I was basically told to lay low. This company does not care about its employees and have no problem with treating you like garbage. Do not waste your time applying here. You won't even get adequately paid and your raises are a complete joke.
Pros
Some staff and the residents
Cons
Low pay, poor management, drama, shift "wars", no free meals, understaffed, and the company does not care about you. You are just a warm body to them
November 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. Legend Senior Living strives to provide a positive reinforcing work environment that recognizes the value of all staff and fosters individual growth and improvement. We are saddened to hear you did not find this to be the case during your time with us. Please consider calling our Associate Care Link Line to provide additional details so we may look into this further. Thank you and best of luck in your next position.

Good place to work! But understaffed!
CMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  KansasOctober 24, 2018
I love my job! My coworkers and the residents are the best part. I love having one on one time with the residents. When I am off for a couple of days, I miss them! We do a pretty good job at teamwork I would say and our facility is always joyous and bright!
However, I do believe that our employees are not paid enough for the workload that we carry. Heck people can work at Braums with no college background and make more than we do. We are med aides, caregivers, housekeepers, cooks, and nurse aides and I believe we should be paid more! I also think that the cook/cooks should have a higher budget. These residents are paying a good amount of money to stay here and should be having decent meals. Oh and one more thing. Legend has us staffed 1 to 14 people...the state is 1-17. We are staffed 1-19. How is that legal?!! Or even safe?!? Just think about that when there is a natural disaster coming our way....But other than that, an all around good place to work!
Pros
Great teamwork. Good management
Cons
Understaffed. Zero credit.
December 17, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your work. We are always looking for qualified associates to provide quality care for our residents and we strive to provide a positive work environment offering competitive compensation. We continually evaluate our staffing and budgets to ensure each team is able to provide caring service to our residents. We appreciate your conscientiousness and if you have any questions about the disaster preparedness plan for your residence, please contact your Residence Director. Thanks again for your review and for the care you provide residents!

The Cape Coral location is the worst facility I have worked at in my life
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Cape CoralOctober 21, 2018
Management does not care about their employees or residents. They are always extremely understaffed. Two of my co workers were forced to work the entire building by themselves on an over night shift leaving memory care unattended because the HCC refused to come in. The director even told one of them to bring their baby in & to let the baby sleep in an empty room with no supervision. Housekeeping rarely goes to memory care so those poor residents live in filth, always smell like urine & rooms are infested with roaches. A family member told me they pay 90,000 a year for that. Family members see it too. That much money from one resident & employees start at $10 an hour. There is a poor resident who is a 2 person assist sleeping with the bed on the floor. You’re almost always working by yourself so you’re risking a serious back injury working like that. There is so much more that can be said about this place. All of this has been brought up to management for months & nothing has been done. They do not care. I’m disgusted & traumatized from working here. I will never put a loved one in a facility after experiencing this.
Pros
The residents and some co workers
Cons
Too many to write
November 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Though there can clinical reasons for a resident’s bed to be lowered to prevent falls, we are concerned about the claims made in your review and are escalating it with our Florida leadership. The wellbeing of our residents is our number one priority. Please consider calling our Associate Care Link Line at 877-877-3893 to provide additional details so we may look into this further. Thank you.

Bad new management didn’t know how to talk respectfully to ACMA’s
ACMA (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 16, 2018
Bad place. They do not realize our first focus is the passing of meds than use us as a CNA backup. In their vision Acma should be CNA’s then do meds as a backup. Very rude management and I really truly wanted it to work out for me.
Pros
Cons
Manager disrespectful and they gossip about other employees in front of us
November 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. Please consider calling our Associate Care Link Line at 877-877-3893 to provide additional details so we may look into this further. Thank you and best of luck in your next role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legend Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1