Legend Senior Living Employee Reviews

Stressful No teamwork Not a legend
Legend of Mckinney (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 6, 2018
Lack of teamwork poor management do more work due to medteck don’t do teamwork underpaid each shift complains about every little thing you don’t do very stressful place to work
Pros
Close to work easy to get to work
Cons
Lack of teamwork
Unreasonable Expectations
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 20, 2018
Goals that were unrealistic were demanded by the hierarchy in regards to sales and occupancy. I never felt as if my career was secure, and this industry has an incredibly high turnover ratio.

My community superior was fine, however at this position you had no less than four Regional and VP positions above interacting with you day to day. I wasn't able to make unilateral decisions for sales and always had to get approval for all negotiations.

In a given day with 9 hours of work, there was really only 4 hours of actual work being accomplished as you are constantly being sidetracked by reports and meetings.

Sales Directors are a dime a dozen, look elsewhere for a career with more security and respect in the industry.
November 29, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not find your position to meet your expectations and wish you the best of luck in your next role.

Too much work, too little pay-too much management
Confidential (Former Employee) –  ConfidentialNovember 12, 2018
They expect you to perform super human feats on next to nothing pay. Resources such as budget and time are not afforded to you, yet you are expected to deliver.

Corporate calls all the shots and you are given no freedom or autonomy to do your job.

The employee doesn’t matter and neither does the senior. Only the deposits and money coming in.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
November 27, 2018

We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with us. The satisfaction of our residents and associates are two of our most coveted values. Please consider calling our Associate Care Link Line to provide additional details at 877-877-3893. You can remain anonymous if you choose to. Thanks again for your review and best of luck in your next role.

Great management!Awesome food
Cook (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLOctober 28, 2018
The new turnaround in the kitchen is extremely impressive to the residents. The chef is very talented with the minimal budget he has. The management team is great with the residents and most of the employees get along. Great work environment.
Pros
Kitchen is great
Cons
Needs Upgrade to scenery
November 27, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you are enjoying your work and thank you for the service you provide to our residents.

Former employee (Resident aide)
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLOctober 25, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE. The windsor of cape coral is not a good work enviornment! Management does not treat their employees with respect! They talk about employees behind their back! I was there for a few years and never had a problem until new management took over! They constantly have a turn over of staff. When We were short staffed they didn’t come to help out on the floor. When they did hire staff, they never stayed either because of the hostility and or not having enough training! Also one staff member is forced to do the work of what three people should be doing.. It is a very hostile work environment. Management had also created a shift rivalry. When you speak to corporate about the issues or concerns you have, NOTHING gets done about the problem. They just blow you off. Residents had break down because 3rd shift were forced to get them up before morning shift got there in the morning. I always would stay when first shift was short to help and they never changed residents in their memory care unit until before lunch. So residents were just sitting in urine and feces. And management never went back there. Apparently skin integrity isnt a concern to the nursing facility.. who would have thought.
Pros
Loved the residents
Cons
Hostility, short staffed, you have to pay for meals, lazy management, pay sucks.
November 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. The care of our patients is our number one priority, so we are concerned about what you describe in your review. Please call our Associate Care Link Line at 877-877-3893 to provide additional details so we may look into this further. Thank you.

Run away
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape CoralOctober 25, 2018
DO NOT APPLY HERE!!! I'm a former employee and was at the Cape Coral location for 4 years. Everything was great until new management was brought on. I was constantly targeted by management for things that I didn't even do because I wasn't even in the building that day. There is constant drama created by management. When you attempt to approach management about the issues you are berated in their office and told you get what you get. The building was severely understaffed. Most of the employees that were their were lazy and when you would tell management about that somehow it became your fault. I even called corporate to complain about the issues going on in the building before I quit and I was basically told to lay low. This company does not care about its employees and have no problem with treating you like garbage. Do not waste your time applying here. You won't even get adequately paid and your raises are a complete joke.
Pros
Some staff and the residents
Cons
Low pay, poor management, drama, shift "wars", no free meals, understaffed, and the company does not care about you. You are just a warm body to them
November 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. Legend Senior Living strives to provide a positive reinforcing work environment that recognizes the value of all staff and fosters individual growth and improvement. We are saddened to hear you did not find this to be the case during your time with us. Please consider calling our Associate Care Link Line to provide additional details so we may look into this further. Thank you and best of luck in your next position.

Good place to work! But understaffed!
CMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  KansasOctober 24, 2018
I love my job! My coworkers and the residents are the best part. I love having one on one time with the residents. When I am off for a couple of days, I miss them! We do a pretty good job at teamwork I would say and our facility is always joyous and bright!
However, I do believe that our employees are not paid enough for the workload that we carry. Heck people can work at Braums with no college background and make more than we do. We are med aides, caregivers, housekeepers, cooks, and nurse aides and I believe we should be paid more! I also think that the cook/cooks should have a higher budget. These residents are paying a good amount of money to stay here and should be having decent meals. Oh and one more thing. Legend has us staffed 1 to 14 people...the state is 1-17. We are staffed 1-19. How is that legal?!! Or even safe?!? Just think about that when there is a natural disaster coming our way....But other than that, an all around good place to work!
Pros
Great teamwork. Good management
Cons
Understaffed. Zero credit.
The Cape Coral location is the worst facility I have worked at in my life
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Cape CoralOctober 21, 2018
Management does not care about their employees or residents. They are always extremely understaffed. Two of my co workers were forced to work the entire building by themselves on an over night shift leaving memory care unattended because the HCC refused to come in. The director even told one of them to bring their baby in & to let the baby sleep in an empty room with no supervision. Housekeeping rarely goes to memory care so those poor residents live in filth, always smell like urine & rooms are infested with roaches. A family member told me they pay 90,000 a year for that. Family members see it too. That much money from one resident & employees start at $10 an hour. There is a poor resident who is a 2 person assist sleeping with the bed on the floor. You’re almost always working by yourself so you’re risking a serious back injury working like that. There is so much more that can be said about this place. All of this has been brought up to management for months & nothing has been done. They do not care. I’m disgusted & traumatized from working here. I will never put a loved one in a facility after experiencing this.
Pros
The residents and some co workers
Cons
Too many to write
November 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Though there can clinical reasons for a resident’s bed to be lowered to prevent falls, we are concerned about the claims made in your review and are escalating it with our Florida leadership. The wellbeing of our residents is our number one priority. Please consider calling our Associate Care Link Line at 877-877-3893 to provide additional details so we may look into this further. Thank you.

Bad new management didn’t know how to talk respectfully to ACMA’s
ACMA (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 16, 2018
Bad place. They do not realize our first focus is the passing of meds than use us as a CNA backup. In their vision Acma should be CNA’s then do meds as a backup. Very rude management and I really truly wanted it to work out for me.
Pros
Cons
Manager disrespectful and they gossip about other employees in front of us
November 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. Please consider calling our Associate Care Link Line at 877-877-3893 to provide additional details so we may look into this further. Thank you and best of luck in your next role.

Compassionate. Full of love. Warm fun environment. Treated like family.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Moore RivendellOctober 9, 2018
The kitchen is ridiculously clean. You can eat off the floor! Kid you not!
The environment is fun. Very loving. The residents are amazing. People laugh all the time. Everyone is always in a good mood. Its a blessing to wake up everyday and enjoy work. Serving the needs of residents has such a deep meaning.
They have a lot of candy here. If you have a sweet tooth? You're in the right place!
Pros
Clean building. Good Insurance! 401k. Excellent teamwork.
Cons
Has its moments of stress from time to time. Can be fast pace.
November 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We’re happy to hear you are enjoying your work and thank you for the care you are providing our residents!

Stressful, disorganized, and frustrating
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PASeptember 20, 2018
Most days were spent doing two jobs as the staffing is short. This is because the staff come and go on a weekly basis. If you have a vision or new idea, you can leave that at the door. The company does not want innovation or forward thinkers. I constantly had to fight to get residents things they deserved. Many were denied because they were "out of budget." The resident rooms were often filled with ants, but we were told they could not afford to have someone come in to treat for the problem. The list goes on and on. The facility is absolutely beautiful on the outside, but totally lacks in resident and staff satisfaction.
October 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for qualified individuals to join our team. Our goal is to provide a positive reinforcing work environment that recognizes the value of all staff and fosters individual growth and improvement. We are saddened to hear you did not find this to be the case during your time with us. We are concerned about some of the claims made in your review. The well being of our residents is our number one priority. Please consider calling our Associate Care Link Line at 877-877-3893 to provide additional details so we may look into this further. Thank you.

Lazy management favortism
Head Cook (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 27, 2018
At first working here was cool but as new supervisors came all they do is sit around and offer no assistance even when asked. The chef never helps and comes in hungover at least three times a week
Pros
Great work associates
Cons
Management sucks
September 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. We will share your concerns with local management in Tulsa and look into the situation further. If you have already brought up these concerns with your community’s Residence Director and Regional Director of Operations, please call the Associate Care Link at 877-877-3892 to provide additional details.

It was good at first then I just couldnt take it anymore
resident aide (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 7, 2018
First of all, I really liked this job, it was a whole new experience for me; especially for a thrive to work in the health care field. The co-workers were very friendly, they respected me and all but, some of the co-workers acted like they were the boss... now I understand that you been there longer than me but, doesn't mean you need to be up under my butt247 telling me what to do while you sit there and be lazy! some of the co workers were plain out LAZY! and management would get all these reports and complaints but, don't do one thing about it. speaking of management, they allowed favoritism to the max, my schedule was all messed up and I would constantly contact management but, they wouldn't even do anything about it, I was literally not getting any hrs …. like how was I going to live off of a $200 and sometimes less paycheck when I got bills to pay. now the residents were my favorite of all, but there was one lady that had her way with manipulation and being a kisser upper to management, and ugh it was a hot mess. like I understand how hard some residents could be, and I understand that they went through a lot and had their lives changed due to disabilities, loss, and other tragedies... but, as a resident aide we are here to help you and give you what you need and I only had a problem with one resident till the point it was just too much and so much time can be taken away and less work done. this job was just too stressful to get paid such little for the large workload was ridiculous the nurses could care less on how much of a work load you had knowing it was just too much.  more... like one of the biggest things I didn't like about this job was how selfish and lazy other people were, no body wanted to act like a team instead everyone was too busy gossiping about each other and being lazy, instead of not helping each other and still keeping that professionalism at work. I left this job due to the fact that I was underpaid for dealing with a crazy amount of workload there was, place didn't value the word "team", people take advantage of you like crazy, lack of professionalism, and I wanted something better than that and I knew I could get better.  less
Pros
The resident
Cons
management, no growth to advance, barely any breaks to take a breath, no good team work abilities, low pay for crazy workload
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience with us and will look into the situation in Ocala. We know working in the assisted living industry is extremely demanding and often a thankless job, and we appreciate the care you provided to our patients. Thanks again for your review and best of luck in your next position.

Company sorry and lazy
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLAugust 3, 2018
If you want to stay sane dont work here. This place has their favorites. Management picks and chooses who to pick on and who they are afraid of. They let the employees run them and tell them what to do and bullies other employees with written statements turned in to the director for it to get torn up and throwed in the garbage. Resident complaints but nothing get done. State should really pop up in both the facilities in Lakewood Ranch and shut them down
Pros
Cons
You basically give free time
August 9, 2018

Though we’re disappointed to read your review, we appreciate that you took the time to share your impressions. We will be in contact with our Lakewood Ranch management team, and encourage you to call our Associate Care Link line at 877-877-3893 to provide additional details. You may remain anonymous if you choose. Thanks again and best of luck in your next role.

Poems. Games church
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 8, 2018
You are over worked and under paid .they packed all the work on part time worker because they don't want to hire full time and give you benefit.sometimes resident aren't treated good ..there are some wonderful people living and working there tooex
Pros
Meeting some wonderful people(resident and workers
Cons
Over worked under paid
July 10, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with us. The safety of our associates and residents is a top priority. Please consider contacting our Associate Care Link line at 877-877-3893 to provide more details. You can remain completely anonymous if you wish. Thanks again.

Not worth it
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 8, 2018
There were a handful of employees who actually worked, and the others openly chose not to help and even slept. The managers can best be described as bullies, and almost every decent employee left. It was impossible to take a lunch break, but you got in trouble if you didn’t take one.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Expensive health care, never got to take a break
July 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. It does not reflect the way Legend Senior Living strives to operate. Please call our Associate Care Link line at 877-877-3893 to provide more detail about your experiences. You can remain completely anonymous if you wish. Thank you again and best of luck in your next position.

Great residents
Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 30, 2018
Horrible management. Nurses don’t care about the residents or report accidents. Underpaid and understaffed. Corporate are often around and ignore what’s right in their face. Great residents horrible management. They are disrespectful towards workers if they do not suck up to managers.,
Pros
Residents
July 3, 2018

Thank you for your review. The well-being of our residents and employees is our priority, so we are sad to hear you did not feel that was your experience. We have shared your feedback with regional leadership and are looking into these claims right away. Please consider calling our Associate Care Link Line to provide additional details. You can remain anonymous if you choose to. Thanks again for your review and best of luck in your next role.

Great place to work and advance!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 26, 2018
This is a great place to work and advance, however the regional management do not understand what we do on a daily basis and set our goals to high and make them untrainable.
June 28, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you are enjoying and finding growth opportunities in your work. We hear your concerns and will communicate them to regional management. You are welcome to share additional feedback via our Associate Link at 877-877-3893. You can remain anonymous if you choose. Thanks again!

Current management at the Texas level lacking.
Legend Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2018
The company is more interested in the conditions of their buildings and they are the welfare of the residence in the buildings. Caregivers are overworked and seldom retained.
Pros
You're working with the elderly and that's a benefit in itself.
Cons
The current Management in the Texas region is inadequate disrespectful.
May 23, 2018

Thank you for your review. We value each employee’s feedback and take your concerns very seriously. We will share this information with our team in Texas, but if you would like to provide additional details please feel free to call us at 877-877-3893. You may remain anonymous if you choose. Thanks again and best of luck in your next role.

Its a great place to work for
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 10, 2018
I loved working for Legend Senior Living because of the resident that stay there. They made my day everytime i walk in they always greeted me with a smile
Pros
Free Lunch
May 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and will share your feedback with our Texas team. Thanks again!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legend Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1