Legend Senior Living Employee Reviews

Compassionate. Full of love. Warm fun environment. Treated like family.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Moore RivendellOctober 9, 2018
The kitchen is ridiculously clean. You can eat off the floor! Kid you not!
The environment is fun. Very loving. The residents are amazing. People laugh all the time. Everyone is always in a good mood. Its a blessing to wake up everyday and enjoy work. Serving the needs of residents has such a deep meaning.
They have a lot of candy here. If you have a sweet tooth? You're in the right place!
Pros
Clean building. Good Insurance! 401k. Excellent teamwork.
Cons
Has its moments of stress from time to time. Can be fast pace.
Lazy management favortism
Head Cook (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 27, 2018
At first working here was cool but as new supervisors came all they do is sit around and offer no assistance even when asked. The chef never helps and comes in hungover at least three times a week
Pros
Great work associates
Cons
Management sucks
September 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. We will share your concerns with local management in Tulsa and look into the situation further. If you have already brought up these concerns with your community’s Residence Director and Regional Director of Operations, please call the Associate Care Link at 877-877-3892 to provide additional details.

It was good at first then I just couldnt take it anymore
resident aide (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 7, 2018
First of all, I really liked this job, it was a whole new experience for me; especially for a thrive to work in the health care field. The co-workers were very friendly, they respected me and all but, some of the co-workers acted like they were the boss... now I understand that you been there longer than me but, doesn't mean you need to be up under my butt247 telling me what to do while you sit there and be lazy! some of the co workers were plain out LAZY! and management would get all these reports and complaints but, don't do one thing about it. speaking of management, they allowed favoritism to the max, my schedule was all messed up and I would constantly contact management but, they wouldn't even do anything about it, I was literally not getting any hrs …. like how was I going to live off of a $200 and sometimes less paycheck when I got bills to pay. now the residents were my favorite of all, but there was one lady that had her way with manipulation and being a kisser upper to management, and ugh it was a hot mess. like I understand how hard some residents could be, and I understand that they went through a lot and had their lives changed due to disabilities, loss, and other tragedies... but, as a resident aide we are here to help you and give you what you need and I only had a problem with one resident till the point it was just too much and so much time can be taken away and less work done. this job was just too stressful to get paid such little for the large workload was ridiculous the nurses could care less on how much of a work load you had knowing it was just too much.  more... like one of the biggest things I didn't like about this job was how selfish and lazy other people were, no body wanted to act like a team instead everyone was too busy gossiping about each other and being lazy, instead of not helping each other and still keeping that professionalism at work. I left this job due to the fact that I was underpaid for dealing with a crazy amount of workload there was, place didn't value the word "team", people take advantage of you like crazy, lack of professionalism, and I wanted something better than that and I knew I could get better.  less
Pros
The resident
Cons
management, no growth to advance, barely any breaks to take a breath, no good team work abilities, low pay for crazy workload
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience with us and will look into the situation in Ocala. We know working in the assisted living industry is extremely demanding and often a thankless job, and we appreciate the care you provided to our patients. Thanks again for your review and best of luck in your next position.

Company sorry and lazy
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLAugust 3, 2018
If you want to stay sane dont work here. This place has their favorites. Management picks and chooses who to pick on and who they are afraid of. They let the employees run them and tell them what to do and bullies other employees with written statements turned in to the director for it to get torn up and throwed in the garbage. Resident complaints but nothing get done. State should really pop up in both the facilities in Lakewood Ranch and shut them down
Pros
Cons
You basically give free time
August 9, 2018

Though we’re disappointed to read your review, we appreciate that you took the time to share your impressions. We will be in contact with our Lakewood Ranch management team, and encourage you to call our Associate Care Link line at 877-877-3893 to provide additional details. You may remain anonymous if you choose. Thanks again and best of luck in your next role.

Poems. Games church
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 8, 2018
You are over worked and under paid .they packed all the work on part time worker because they don't want to hire full time and give you benefit.sometimes resident aren't treated good ..there are some wonderful people living and working there tooex
Pros
Meeting some wonderful people(resident and workers
Cons
Over worked under paid
July 10, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with us. The safety of our associates and residents is a top priority. Please consider contacting our Associate Care Link line at 877-877-3893 to provide more details. You can remain completely anonymous if you wish. Thanks again.

Not worth it
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 8, 2018
There were a handful of employees who actually worked, and the others openly chose not to help and even slept. The managers can best be described as bullies, and almost every decent employee left. It was impossible to take a lunch break, but you got in trouble if you didn’t take one.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Expensive health care, never got to take a break
July 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. It does not reflect the way Legend Senior Living strives to operate. Please call our Associate Care Link line at 877-877-3893 to provide more detail about your experiences. You can remain completely anonymous if you wish. Thank you again and best of luck in your next position.

Great residents
Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 30, 2018
Horrible management. Nurses don’t care about the residents or report accidents. Underpaid and understaffed. Corporate are often around and ignore what’s right in their face. Great residents horrible management. They are disrespectful towards workers if they do not suck up to managers.,
Pros
Residents
July 3, 2018

Thank you for your review. The well-being of our residents and employees is our priority, so we are sad to hear you did not feel that was your experience. We have shared your feedback with regional leadership and are looking into these claims right away. Please consider calling our Associate Care Link Line to provide additional details. You can remain anonymous if you choose to. Thanks again for your review and best of luck in your next role.

Great place to work and advance!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 26, 2018
This is a great place to work and advance, however the regional management do not understand what we do on a daily basis and set our goals to high and make them untrainable.
June 28, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you are enjoying and finding growth opportunities in your work. We hear your concerns and will communicate them to regional management. You are welcome to share additional feedback via our Associate Link at 877-877-3893. You can remain anonymous if you choose. Thanks again!

Current management at the Texas level lacking.
Legend Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2018
The company is more interested in the conditions of their buildings and they are the welfare of the residence in the buildings. Caregivers are overworked and seldom retained.
Pros
You're working with the elderly and that's a benefit in itself.
Cons
The current Management in the Texas region is inadequate disrespectful.
May 23, 2018

Thank you for your review. We value each employee’s feedback and take your concerns very seriously. We will share this information with our team in Texas, but if you would like to provide additional details please feel free to call us at 877-877-3893. You may remain anonymous if you choose. Thanks again and best of luck in your next role.

Its a great place to work for
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 10, 2018
I loved working for Legend Senior Living because of the resident that stay there. They made my day everytime i walk in they always greeted me with a smile
Pros
Free Lunch
May 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and will share your feedback with our Texas team. Thanks again!

Only been here over a month
Life Enrichment Director (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 3, 2018
Ive been here a little over a month. So far everything is great my job is to get residents up and out of room. When I started had around 4 residents coming to activities. in the month that I have been here now average 10 to 15 and they love coming out to the new activities that we have in place. Love seeing all the smiles and fun they are having
April 11, 2018

Thank you so much for your review and the pride you take in your work! We are glad to hear you are enjoying your job and having success with your residents. Keep up the good work!

Staff ratio needs inprovment
ACMA (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 26, 2018
Legend is a really nice place. It is in need of some good management. Coworkers are great. Residents are amazing but are not the top priority and they should be....
Pros
free lunches. the residents are amazing.
Cons
Low staff, needs Management to look out for the residents.
March 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Legend Senior Living is dedicated to providing the highest quality service, environment and care to residents and their families. Residents are our top priority. Please call our Associate Care Link line at 877-877-3893 to provide more detail about your experiences. You can remain completely anonymous if you wish. Thanks again.

Poor place to work.
Custodial Engineer/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 22, 2018
The management is not there to help when you need it. The pay is poor. and you get bad hours. I do not recommend this place as a good place to work. That's all.
Pros
Cons
Too many to count.
March 6, 2018

Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience with us. If you would like to provide additional feedback please call our Associate Care Link line. We wish you the best of luck in your next position.

Interesting interaction with senior citizens.
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKFebruary 15, 2018
I was dietary aid, i made sure the seniors had food and drinks. I made sure they ate on time based on the dietary schedule. I interacted with them to put a smile on their face.
February 16, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you had a fulfilling experience working with us and wish you the best of luck in your next role!

Very poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 22, 2018
The only good thing about this job is the residents you meet. The management is poor and won’t care about meeting your needs unless your a new hire. They were on such a budget that they let me go before my 2weeks was up. The boss in the kitchen is a joke.
Pros
The residents, co workers
Cons
They treat their workers like dirt.
I would no work there again
Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 11, 2018
The management was very poor. I never knew who my boss was. they do not accept doctors notes. the work place was very stressful. they would not let you leave if you were sick.
January 30, 2018

We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience with us. We would appreciate more information about your experience so we can look into this. Please call our Associate Care Link at 877-877-3893. Thank you.

Legends
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 23, 2017
It is a great place to start for a new CNA. It will definitely help with experience. The management needs to hire better cnas and resident aids who care about the patients and their well being.
September 27, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Interesting Place to work
staff (Current Employee) –  KansasSeptember 7, 2017
Great coworkers that are team players. Lots of changes currently happening and seem to be in a positive direction. We are currently looking to add more cnas. we have a low patient to staff ratio.
Pros
low patient ratio, free ceu's, flexible schedule
Cons
shortened breaks, typical drama
September 27, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you are seeing positive things happening and we’re glad to hear you enjoy your work and environment!

Loved working here.
Server (Former Employee) –  2050 N. Webb Rd., Wichita, KS, 67206August 30, 2017
I loved working here. All of the Residents are absolutely wonderful. If I could work here again I would, without a doubt. Hardest part of the job is not being able to help residents when they fall and having to hear and mourn when they die.
Terrible place full of liars
Former nurse (Former Employee) –  OcalaAugust 30, 2017
Don't work here unless u want to be asked to lie and do things you know are wrong just to 1.keep residents overpaying for poor service or 2.keep your job. Everyone in higher management lies! One lies because she's a snake and looking for drama but has absolute no backbone to solve the issue, another just lies to keep taking more money from residents telling them they will receive more than qualified service then they can provide and the 3rd is the just the worst of all.
Pros
Easy work
September 7, 2017

We’re disappointed to read your review but appreciate your perspective. Honesty and integrity are of the utmost importance to our organization. We encourage you to call our Care Link line at 877-877-3893 and provide more details regarding your experience. You can remain fully anonymous if you choose to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legend Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1