Legility

Working at Legility: 27 Reviews

United States27 reviews

peoplenicehourprojectflexibleteamcounselreview

Good to build resume

I was on a project that lasted a few years and gained a great deal of experience. The onsite management team was helpful and responsive when needed. I mostly worked directly with the client during my assignment. After my project ended, I worked on a few other projects that were short-term (a few weeks or so). It's great place to build your resume here or if you're retired and looking for extra cash. Flexibility depends on the project as some clients prefer you not have any outside commitments (school or 2nd job). Thankfully I was able to keep my part-time job as my project required me to be available during normal business hours (8 - 5) and no overtime.

Pros

variety of opportunities to build your resume

Cons

Poor communication on project ending

What is the best part of working at the company?The jobs are remote, somewhat good payWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?assignments are not consistent or reliable What is the work environment and culture like at the company?lax and noncommunicative, no culture due to it being remote work,presumablyWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?log on as indicated by the clients hours work, log off.

Legility insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Everyone at the company is very supportive

Legility has extremely flexible hours. Everyone is nice and there is opportunity to move up, in fact they want you to move up. However, the team lead positions tend to be as stressful as the practice of law and the pay isn't anywhere near what you can make practicing. QC positions don't pay anymore than IR. You "top out" in pay and there's never been a cost of living raise so "long timers" have started to leave in the last year or so. It's sad but I understand because housing in my city is too expensive.

Pros

Very supportive. Nice people in every position.

Cons

Pay is now comparable to other doc review jobs

Good pay during projects

The pay is good and the projects are interesting but I wish the work was a little more consistent without so much down time between projects. Training was good and team leaders made themselves very available to team members for questions, etc.

It was fine

Except as a recruiter, they sure take it personal when their slowness in responding means you got snapped up by somebody else. And there never was a single meeting that was necessary. In fact, they were usually just 1 manager roasting any questions that were asked, despite it being mandatory to ask something for the meeting to happen.

Where did you go?

I began working here in late summer 2021. People were great at the beginning and then slowly dropped away. I haven't heard from anyone since the end of September despite sending several emails. I have no idea what is going on.

Pros

People seem nice.

Cons

Silence between projects.

Decent job for temporary work

This is document review, so don't expect much in terms of career satisfaction or excitement. You click documents for a living all day so it is what it is. Legility pays more than most other doc review vendors and they are very flexible about how you can get your 8 hours/day. The project managers are generally very friendly and don't micromanage. There can be a lot of downtime between projects which means you don't get paid until another one picks up, and that can be very stressful and frustrating. If you need temporary work to pay the bills until you find a more secure job then Legility is a decent company with nice people and relatively good pay for what the job entails. However, don't expect to advance your career here or otherwise make a good living because you won't. Also keep in mind legal employers outside the doc review world don't generally look favorably on folks who have done this type of temp work because you're not learning any new skills or becoming a more skilled lawyer. If you work here, be sure to network and actively look for other jobs so you don't get sucked into this job for too long.

Pros

Flexible hours, professional and friendly managers, above market pay

Cons

No job security, no advancement opportunities, no overtime pay, doesn't look great on a resume, project downtime = no pay

The leadership team treated me like an employee rather than a temporary contract worker.

The leadership team was outstanding. They were constantly updating the team about project related issues. The quality and training meetings were productive. The flow of information to and from the team was smooth. The project support professionals were courteous and helpful.

Pros

The pay rate was above average for my area.

Cons

There are no benefits.

People are good

The people are good here and it's nice. Flexible hours and the ability to work remotely is good. I'm happy with my time spent there and the work I was able to do to help my co-workers in their tasks.

No moral and overworked staff

It started out as a fantastic job but it has slowly and very steadily hurdled towards disaster job. I wouldn't not recommend my worst enemy to apply here. The managers are all horrific micromanagers. They expect you to work basically 24/7 while there are no benefits. Was there almost 3 years and never got a bonus or raise.

Pros

Cons

work/life balance is the biggest

Great place to work and great people!

I really enjoy working at Legility's MSC in Nashville. The hours are flexible, team leads are really friendly, and there are many official and unofficial social events or contests (for example, chili cook off and St. Jude 5k)

Professional and casual at the same time.

Legility is a flexible workplace that places an emphasis on personal/professional motivation. Management teams are open and approachable. Feedback is freely given and received. it is a place to grow a a person and hone e-discovery skills which are increasingly relevant and in demand.

Pros

Ediscovery skill development

Cons

Can be repetitive for longer projects.

Great Company to work for.

Would highly recommend others to work with them. Great team, outgoing and dedicated staff. They thoughtfully place prospective employees. Very nice people great for legal professionals.

Enjoy the pay while you can

The work was tedious, but fellow worker bees were helpful and the atmosphere laid back. But you never can tell when your last day is; or worse, if or when you'll ever be called back. No feedback re quality or quality of work; or shall I say, supers will point out a procedure/detail you may have missed, but I never once got a compliment. Even though my productivity was 2-3X what they required. Be prepared to sign up with 2-3 of these type outfits, as one will NOT pay the bills.

Was making transformation into full services company

Great company moving from contract attorney staffing into eDiscovery software company. - original entrepreneur owners were in process of selling to VC with broader vision when I was there.

Pros

Great comraderie.

Cons

Vision not fully implemented with original owners.

Positive work environment that really supports its employees

I find that everyone here is reasonable and understanding about life outside of work. They still expect you to put in (at least) your 8 hours a day, but the flexible hours (avoiding rush hour) and being able to accommodate life outside of work is amazing. Not to mention, all your co-workers are extremely nice and friendly. You don't have to worry about contending with corporate politics and can really focus on your work and enjoying the camaraderie.

Pros

Friendly and positive work environment

Cons

Can't think of any

Great atmosphere

I only worked at this business for a very short time, as I conflicted out of working on their major project. However, I really enjoyed the experience.

Fast-paced and Overwhelming

Very fast-paced work environment, wearing multiple hats. There was not much balance since I was expected to answer questions/ work while on vacation, home sick or at any hour. I worked in the office and from home as the only admin support in our region for remote and in-house attorneys and paralegals, while serving as an office manager, payroll, completing onboarding and research of potential candidates.

Pros

Performance Bonuses, Interesting Environment and Company

Cons

No Work Balance at all for Admin Support

Project Managers subpar

Replace project managers in Dallas, respect the attorneys you bring on, you all are in the business of using attorneys without respecting them. Glad this was only short term.

Cons

There are way more doc review companies out there

Flexible, Top Pay for Contract Work

I have been offered less to do the same work with other contract companies. Very collegial environment. Good relationships with management. Be sure to ask for the kind of work you want from time to time. They will try and help find a good fit for you.

upfront and easy to work with

Counsel on Call was upfront about what the job entailed and did everything they could to make the position a success. I appreciated their support and their professionalism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legility. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits