Legoland Discovery Center Employee Reviews

Great working experience. They really care about their employees
FUNgineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2019
Lots of fun perks for the employees, great culture. The managers really cared about the wellbeing of the employees and that you were having fun on the job.
Terrible environment
Guest experience host (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2019
I wouldn’t work here. Everyone is overworked and underpaid. Management doesn’t care about the employees. Turnover rate is very high. I started there happy about kids and Lego. I left highly stressed and feeling belittled.
There’s zero chance of career growth at this location.
Pros
Know your worth and work at another retail establishment
Cons
Don’t ever play yourself
Love working with coworkers
Guest Experience Host (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 20, 2019
I love the collaborative feel and working with coworkers. It is a job meant for teenagers (as I was 17 at the time) and not for adults. It only pays $8.50/hr at the one in Grapevine, TX.
Pros
Good amount of breaks and short shifts
Cons
No way to earn a lot of money, won't let you advance
not so good
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 17, 2019
Only work here if you are in desperate need of a position or are attending school as a full time student.
+Advancement is complicated
+Not all managers are as friendly
+So much drama caused by workers
+pay is minimum wage, exreme rare case of a small rase (more like a one-time "lucky" bounice"
+Benefits: 30% product discount; limited free tickets towards Merlin entertainments attractions.
Cons
poor management, over worked, minimal pay
It’s fun at first but the turnover rate is super high
Trainer in the Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 7, 2019
I really enjoyed my time there but the management changes so frequently that it’s hard to keep consistency within the company. There is definitely room to grow within the company but one will realize that the management is severely disconnected from the floor staff. I worked there for 2 years and when I put in my letter of resignation they did not allow me to come back to finish my remaining days. I certainly gained a lot of experience from working there but the constant change in direction and management makes it hard to work under the inconsistent working conditions. I would work 40+ hrs a week and I was still only part time. This job can consume you if one has open availability. Unless current management gets a complete overhaul and makes the effort to repair the actual problems with the facility, I wouldn’t recommend working there.
A professional Job with a fun environment!
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 15, 2019
You learn a lot about what it takes to make an attraction successful. You have daily goals and tasks that keep you busy and moving. Managing a staff of anywhere from 20-25 people helps you grown within the leadership role. Excellent and extensive training sets you up for a successful career. Great leadership from Cluster Commercial Manager.
Pros
Benefits, Fun environment, Great coworkers, Free lunch every so often.
Cons
A fun environment with poor management
Commercial Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30326February 13, 2019
I didn't mind working at Legoland. My coworkers were especially friendly and easy to work with. However management was lax and spread thin. People were often pulled from various areas to help in other areas, leaving others to struggle to keep up. Area managers are sometimes unproperly trained, leaving a feeling of "the blind leading the blind".
stressful
photo host (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 11, 2019
your constantly sick from all the germs from the kids necause they never clean, most of the time your called into work with 10 minutes notice, mangers leave early everyday and do not answer phones when needed
Fast paced and fulfilling
Cash Controller Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2019
A typical day at Legoland Discovery Center Chicago involves challenges that the team completes together. Daily, new problems arose but the team was able to work together to solve them and this led to a tight-knit operations team that willingly worked in conjunction with other departments. A drawback to this is that it was hard to find suitable replacements when gaps were formed. Difficulties in the job definitely involved working with ornery customers, but staff was well trained in helping to enhance the experience of all guests and strive to improve their overall time in the center. The best feeling was always in the gratefulness of the children after spending a few hours in the center.
Pros
Employee benefits, staff events, work environment
Cons
Management issues, pay rate
Good if you’re a student.
Guest Experience Host (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJanuary 17, 2019
The job is very good if you’re still in school. They are very flexible w. hours so that was always great! I honestly loved it but it had its down sides! Management was poor, they’d talk about about you amongst each other! Very unprofessional. Work atmosphere felt like high school. Most times you have to deal with rude customers but you get that everywhere.
Pros
Fun, benefits, long enough breaks, inventives
Cons
Poor management, whole work environment felt like high school
Very high turn over rate
Guest Service Representative/Admissions (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2019
Once you get in you’ll understand. You’re overworked and then not worked at all. You may work by yourself a few days after being trained with not much knowledge. It’s a theme park with kids pretty much. The job gets tedious, management is lacking.
It was hard to move up in this company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 30, 2018
Sometimes you find yourself doing someone else job and this would be on a daily. So managers played favors to others. And the pay was not enough to cover rent bill's and travel
Just ruin the fun!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2018
For my first job I realize so much. The employees where worst than the customers but I understood why. They where not treated right than they forgot to pay us!
Pros
Interact with children and there parents... learn how to multitask
Cons
Employees where rude, mangers didn’t not treat the employees right and had lack of experience
It was great!
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 29, 2018
I wish I didn't have to leave! The management was very understanding though and they offered to give me a wonderful reference and even a position if I ever decided to come back!
The people are hardworking and I enjoyed my time there
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 8, 2018
I worked as an admissions clerk. I greeted guest as they came in to by tickets with their children so that they could go into enjoy Legoland. A part of my job was to take their money and then take a commemorative photo either for a season pass or a family photo they could purchases in side. All of my managers where hardworking and very resourceful when it came to helping a guest with a problem I couldn't solve on my own. The hardest part of this job was trying to get the season pass printer to work when you wanted it to and the most enjoyable part was when you got the guest to smile for their photos.
Pros
free passes to other parks affiliated to Legoland around the globe
Cons
short breaks, low salary
good fun and great people, hard work and confusing structure
Entertainment (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 6, 2018
The co-workers were great and caring! there was a sense of family there. very welcoming and understanding, open to hearing from employees. a good amount of opportunities to meet co-workers outside of work. very mixed group of people and beliefs. Interacting with Children and making guests experiences better was the best part of the job, the worst was dealing with and trying to understand management decisions and rules. Most managers don't understand the work of the part-time workers. Big emphasis on safety which was good and bad, sometimes felt like an unnecessary rule other times was a good implementation. Slow days could become very long, busy days became very chaotic quick.
Pros
working with kids, great staff, legos
Cons
lacking good structure, chaotic, overwhelming at times
Always filled with laughter.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAOctober 3, 2018
It was a type of environment where even in my days off I found myself always going to work. It was always a good time with guests/kids/coworkers and even management.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
fun environment
RIDE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 10, 2018
this is a fun place to work. there are children everywhere having fun. the worst part about the job is the managers. they are all over the place and let the employees.
Fun for LEGO fans and good for part time work
Guest Experience Host (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 5, 2018
LEGOLAND Discovery Center was somewhat of a fun environment to work in. My colleagues and managers were always friendly. The work itself is easy but it can get stressful when it gets busy, especially at its peak season in the summer, when the kids get out of school. This job would be good for a first job, especially for LEGO fans.
Pros
Discounts on retail store, food court discounts, friendly staff
Cons
Disorganized management, rude customers, loud environment
not the best place to work
Past Member (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYAugust 9, 2018
managers dont care about employees

unsanitary environment

hires young kids that dont know what there doing half the time

very strict & a lot favoritism
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor managment