Legoland Discovery Center Employee Reviews

Ideal for a teenager
Admissions and Retail Host (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2018
This is the perfect starting job for a teenager who can work part time hours at a minimum wage pay rate. Also for an adult who loves working with kids in thier spare time and does not need the money.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Chaotic
Horrible place to work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2018
Management takes advantage of employees you weren't paid by salary. Long hours, hard work, little pay the employment is like a revolving door. I wouldn't even let my teenager work here
So boring
Guest Experience Host (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 12, 2018
Oh boy! you just got a job at Lego Land Discovery, you've always loved Lego Bricks and now you actually get to work there!! Except it's actually terrible. Your job consists of standing by yourself in a semi lit hallway where you push a button every 15 minutes for a group of people, who then meander off and.... that's it. Its really awesome too because you always know exactly how slow time is going by due to the precise 15 minute intervals. And that's it. Until you quit. Oh yeah, there's also cameras everywhere and if you move around in between groups [such as pacing back and forth] you will be reprimanded by management.
Fun place for a part time job; little to no advancing
Entertainment (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 29, 2018
Pros: It's a fun place to work. For a first job, it's not bad. You get to operate rides, play with kids, and create great friendships. Add a 30% discount on most items in the store, and it's a pretty nice gig. You're team will likely consist of like minded individuals of a similar age. The day passes quickly as you interact with coworkers and guests.

Cons: Customers come first and management will often put the needs of the guests over the needs of the employees and sometimes even the company. Unless you want to go into management, there is no opportunity for growth. Even then, it's not often a position comes up. The turnover rate is high and the parent company (Merlin Entertainments) only cares about money. To save money, the front line employees get shafted. Cut hours, ridiculously small raises (10-20 cents a year at most), and no bonuses after another site in another country had an accident.
Pros
Holiday pay on major holidays, other holidays catered, discounts in the store
Cons
Lack of career advancement, very few full time opportunities, managers who don't care much for employees
Its a cool place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 7, 2018
I did enjoy working here. The staff and people are extremely nice. There is free stuff so that was a plus. The pay is pretty bad but I mean its what it is. There are no benefits and that does suck but its also a company baised out in UK so yeah.
Great place for children
Exit Host/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2017
It is a GREAT PLACE for children, lacking in employee concerns. This is a great place to bring the young children and babies. It stimulate learning.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Salary, and benefits, hours
Fun place to work at with some great employees
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 13, 2017
A typical day for me was to greet customers, take care of the cashier, and restock during free time. Some of the skills that taught me during this job were patience, and ways to communicate with customers in order to fulfill their needs.
Horrible Work Place.
Coffee Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 22, 2017
While working in a Legoland Discovery Center, you would think that the atmosphere would be fun, right? This was not the case. Every day was stressful as we were understaffed in the Cafe during our busy days. Our manager often yelled in front of customers, and didn't seem to care, and often left one person alone dealing with customers. There were days that I worked alone on Saturday, our busiest day. Expecting nearly two thousand or more people to go through the attraction, how would you expect one person to demand the needs of many cranky adults and children due to closed rides and half-given excuses from managers? With all due respect, many of equal level employees were very kind to me, but the management was so wrong. Several Managers would not even come to you if you called for them unless someone was injured. I think that the management needs to be replaced with people who actually want to try and care about their job rather than seclude themselves or give their employee open to close shifts every single day for two weeks without a break day. I have seen this happen to multiple people during our busiest season. There is no need for that.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks, horrible management
Fun and very exciting, you never know what youll get walking into a shift
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAAugust 18, 2017
I had an amazing time working at Legoland. I got to interact with so many children and adults. I loved putting smiles on peoples faces and making kids laugh. The employees there were so amazing to me and friendly and accepting.
Excellent place to work
Rides Operator (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 14, 2017
I love working for Merlin Entertainments, (current owners of Legoland and Sealife aquarium) The staff is very fun and friendly. The company listens to you and you feel at home. Highly recommend.
Pros
discounts, lots of hours, very fun place to work
Cons
minimum wage, guests can difficult
Love Legoland!
Retail Hostess (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 14, 2017
Legoland has been one of my favorite places to work at. With a past manager, it lacked progression and employees often felt unappreciated and even a little mistreated. Since out newest manager Paul, there has been such an obvious effort in ensuring the staff has what they need and advancing the systems that we use. We are cared for and valued. The retail team has a positive attitude and hard working efforts from each member. The only con I would have about Legoland is that the pay could be better. They have very very recently begun experimenting with pay raises to frontline staff.
Good atmosphere
Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 31, 2017
There is always something to do at this job. It keeps you very busy and I was around amazing Co workers. Pay could of been a lot better. Would recommend if you need a part time job.
Pros
friendly environment, discounts for family
Cons
Pay
great job
Helped kitchen staff in food (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2017
it a good place to work but the pay need work..we are like a famiy at LEGOLAND . overall it a great place to work. it a good stepping stone you do have room to grow
Legoland Discovery Center Atlanta
Exit Host (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2017
LEGOLAND is a good work environment, it is an encouraging, motivating environment.

Working at LEGOLAND is always a new experience each day and often LEGOLAND staff engage in Wednesday's Child, and Merlins Make a Wish efforts.

The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with guest.
Pros
Access to Legoland entertainment for family
Cons
Lack of benefits packages for parttimers
Good for a part time job
Retail Host/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2017
If you like a fun environment, this is defientely the place for you. Meeting the different kids was exciting. The company pays minimum wage. During training, you are kind of thrown out on the floor with minimum knowledge about anything to where you have to constantly call a manager or another coworker for help.
Pros
meeting different people, seeing kids have fun
Cons
pay
Infectious roles
Commercial Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 24, 2017
My day always starts with greeting other employees, sharing a laugh or 2, and no need for mental prep. The management varies with the manager significantly however, management doesnt change often. Some managers will push you to be greater than you thought you could be while some others may not truly inspire you. The great thing though is that all of the management I've witnessed is open to improvements on how you would like to be managed as well as support you on your path to your desired position. The most enjoyable part of the job is by far the staff. Everyone feels like family. The hardest part is dealing with short staffing periods where we must all take on a lot more work.
Pros
Fun environment, great employee discount, good benefits, Advancement
Cons
positions are underpaid, alot of advancement may require you to move
Team first!
Duty Manager/Site Controller-Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2017
I have learned at this company that putting your team first and the influence that you have on them makes for a really motivated team. The hardest part is not having a supportive senior management team, the enjoyable part is the children and the team.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Pay
Friends are fun, atmosphere not so much.
Entertainment Trainer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 2, 2017
Working there was great for making friends, but when it came to the work, it just got too tiresome. Management would get benefits, where employees wouldn't for example.
Creating Great Guest Experience, Horrible Employee Experiences
Entertainment Host (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2017
As an Entertainment Host, our job was always changing. From greeting guest as a wacky mad scientist in a tour of how LEGO is made, to overseeing fun interactive rides and games, to running around a LEGO themed fun house, you are always on the prowl for fun times. It looks good on the outside looking in, as it was our job to make sure everyone was having a good time, but the treatment and compensation for such taxing work is the worst I've ever encountered. As far as this company is concerned, there will always be someone to replace you and fill with dreams of the greatest job on earth, so you will not be valued as an employee. This company boasted about it's inclination to promote within the company, but were always hiring entirely new people for standing positions. The most enjoyable part of this job is making enjoyable experiences for children and their parents. It's very rewarding, but that's where the value ends.
Pros
learning about LEGO, a fun, laidback work environment
Cons
compensation, small chance of advancement, poor management
Wonderful Place to work
Entertainment Host (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2017
Wonderful Staff and Co- Workers, Friendly Environment, Loving families to play with. Great break room and Manager feedback. Only downside is the low starting pay and commute.
Pros
Wonderful Staff, Advancement
Cons
On your feet all day, Low pay