LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Employee Reviews

I work in inside Legoland not at hotel
Model citizen/food and beverage employee (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 23, 2019
Hostile work environment
Some employee made it uncomfortable for you to work there.
Poor Management by letting these people still work there knowing they are making everyone else's job uncomfortable by acting like they are the boss.
This job is for is teens in school or college kids that live home with parents. You will not make enough to live with the cost of living.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Poor Management
Slow moving
Director of Hotel Engineering (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 9, 2019
Not a fast moving company has a union feel. You must ask for approval on any changes the company could be fun had to many direct reports and not allowed to make ideas reality with out votes.
Pros
Free passes
Cons
No free lunch.
Fun, Engaging
Educator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 3, 2019
Legoland is a great place to work. It is diversified and fast paced. I appreciated the level of thoughtfulness in my department, and believe that it is a wonderful family environment.
Pros
engaging fast paced
Cons
distance
Mass layoffs of the finance department
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 27, 2019
Our department recently was informed we would be laid off due to a centralization of the finance department. Until this happened it was a good place to work overall.
Great Job while in High School
Guest Experience Associate Admission (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 21, 2019
Its a really good High School job if you don't want to be overwhelmed. The hours are pretty pour and the pay starts at 9.00 the hour. Expect checks less than 300.00 biweekly.
Pros
access to other attractions, discounts on merchandise, food, and beverage
Cons
no holiday bonus, and starting pay is 9.00 and hour with less than 20 hours a week
High paced fast work
PREP COOK, LINE COOK, CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 21, 2019
Not my favorite place to work although it is very easy to get hired and the employees foster a very positive work culture. Overall not the easiest work but you definitely get paid fair for the skill level required which is next to none
Pros
Discounts
My First Job
Attractions Operator (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 18, 2019
It’s great place to gain experience. But a lot of the staff and managers were young adults/ Teens so there was a lot of petty nonsense. A lot of favoritism. People would take longer breaks than they were supposed to and as long as the manager liked them they could get away with it. The company could be better if they didn’t cut so many cornners and actually invested in what needs be fixed, that includes in manegement and the in the park. You have to be on gaurd at all times to make sure the guest didn’t do something stupid, like jump into the ride. It was like being in high school again, with lot of cliques and drama, but not everyone was terrible.
Pros
The pay was decent
Cons
Too many petty people, who don’t want to actually do their jobs
Hard to get a full time job
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 15, 2019
It’s super hard to get a full time job at LEGOLAND they say they have full time but really it’s not. You have to become a manager for LEGOLAND it super hard to get the menager at LEGOLAND. It might take up to 2-3 years to get full time and you don’t get payed that much.
Fun environment
Attractions/Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 15, 2019
I had an amazing experience at Legoland, California. With a great group of coworkers and management team, I felt fully secure and I sought room for growth and experience. I strengthened my customer service and learned how important it is to satisfy customer needs to the best of your ability. The hardest part of my job was to ensure safety while maintaining an exciting and playful environment. I loved how everyday was different at my job at Legoland.
Pros
Cheap lunches, frequent breaks
Cons
Hot (during summer)
Fast-paced work day with distracting co-workers
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 13, 2019
A typical day requires attentive and active employees, with so many guests coming through the park each day it is the goal to ensure each and every person has a great time. This is both the most challenging and enjoyable part of the job! If you enjoy socializing with lots of different types of people it is the best job. The workplace culture can be hard though because many of the other employees are more interested in socializing than doing their jobs; and when one takes o high road in focusing on the task at hand it can leave one in a position of not being part of the rest of the group.
Very FUN place to work at
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 12, 2019
The job is very difficult but also very rewarding. You are working at an amusement park, therefore, you everyone always seems to be happy even though they are swamped with work. Fun work events as well a monthly recognition to top employees in different departments. FUN FUN FUN
Stressful and not worth it.
Guest Experience Host (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 9, 2019
The Job is really really Stressful and the management is really terrible. They promise you a lot of things but they never follow their promise. They expect you to sweat your Bottom for a bare minimum wage. If you think to try and have a little fun while working, they end up on you yelling and then coach you for the dumbest reasons ever.
This place isn't worth it. I Hate Legoland.
Pros
Work with your Availability especially if you have school.
Cons
Do not pay enough with the amount of work you do.
Don't work here
Reserve and Ride associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 29, 2019
Working at Legoland was not a fun experience. Management did not care about the department I worked in and rarely checked in on us. I was often standing in the same place for hours at a time with little to no contact with anybody.
Team of integrated work and management very receptive and willing to help.
Guest Host - Operator Ride (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Working at Legoland is really cool. Everyone respects each other and helps each other. We grew up together. We work weekdays and weekends, always with a good mood.I miss the team and the public on the days when I do not work.
Pros
They always encourage and recognize you when you do something good for the park and the team.
Cons
I would like to work more days
Its a cleaning job
Grounds associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 17, 2019
I like the theme park but i didnt like the job. Maybe i should tried another job i can do in the park. But pays good and good benefits. And if the company give me another ill work there again
Fun
Attractions Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 9, 2019
The people here are very nice and it's easy to make a friend. In the summertime, it gets really hot being outside all day but the manager and coworkers make sure you stay hydrated. The food is very good as well.
Fun Job
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 8, 2019
the first one on the scene so you choose what happens and how the call gets ran which is nice if you like that. you call fire when needed and make those kinds of shots along with your supervisor.
sucked
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 8, 2019
would not help get me out of attractions and let me go somewhere else unelss i worked there for 6 months which i thought was unfair, then when they did lkaid me off still have not let me know
A wonderful place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 13, 2018
i absolutely love working at the legoland castle hotel. it always brightens my day to see the children be so excited to be there and i am proud to be one to help make their experience most memorable.
Pros
very organized
Cons
staff parking lot is far from clock in
Summer and variable work
Retail Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 8, 2018
I obtained a part-time job at Legoland for summers and weekends to compensate my other job. As a second job Legoland is great, it is also great for students living at home! They have flexible schedules and great discounts, after probation you receive tickets to the park for family and friends.
However because of the low pay rate it is difficult to sustain a family, or even a single person living alone. The leads and supervisors receive little training and are at times unprofessional. They have a great culture on paper and in some aspects, but because of the lack of educated people it is lost in translation at times. You get what you pay for, and when you are paying minimum wage and not much more, you are going to get personnel that lack the luster of professionalism.
Pros
Lego discounts, free passes to park
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEGOLAND Windsor Resort. Our community is ready to answer.