Legrand Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive, friendly and positive place.
Head of security department (Former Employee) –  AthensJuly 3, 2018
Good company.., good job.., friendly team.., clever chief..!
Get experience with the customer service and team work! Some of them are a part of my life today.
Missing them!
Okay place to work
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 8, 2018
It was a great place to work. I liked the people I worked with. But once they placed a new manager over my department, I was let go. She had personal issues with me. No one seemed to have a problem till she started.
Pros
Tollerent of sickness
Cons
Poor management, employee decisions by one manager.
Welcoming workplace with great people
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 18, 2018
Legrand has a wonderful staff who are willing to help. The work environment is challenging but also fun. I could not have asked for a better company to intern for.
Improvement needed
Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 5, 2018
Good working physical environment. Good people.Opportunities for advancement are available for some. Acceptance of all personalities and all people continues to be a challenge although efforts have been made.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Inability to project fairness, fails to fix problems, ineffective management
on your own, no proper training, left to sink or swim
Finance (Former Employee) –  MoraineMarch 8, 2018
Management has hands off approach when hired, no training, no new hire objectives. When you have done your job, with no complaints and the management doesn't like you, you might as well find another job. They will pluck at you until you are let go. Training was put off on co workers. Management was very rude with everyone but then turns it back on the person when addressed. Hope upper management in CT will open their eyes to the management there in Moraine. The moraine office is a division of parent company, which would be a great place if they have better management.
Cons
on your own, no proper training, have to be in the click or you are out.
Worst management team
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 4, 2018
No work/life balance. Managers werent consistent with policies for all employees. Only got your schedule the night before, so you couldnt make plans outside of work. You start off as temp and hope the manager likes you so you can get hired on. A freaking popularity contest in that place.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Terrible Management, terrible pay for the work
its a good job if your out of high school or need a part time job while in school
forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 15, 2018
work was easy just no room for advancement pay is good if your out of high school just not if you want to go anywhere there and the job is repetitive a lot of people talk and complain about the job and each other also.
Pros
good benefits, ping pong table in break room
Cons
low paw, no advancement, treat people like idiots
Good Company to work for
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 10, 2018
People are very friendly, good work life balance, career opportunities for those willing to travel. Certain departments such as Sales are still primarily male dominated.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Male dominated culture
I find it a good place to know the industry
Fiber Optic Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  New London, CTDecember 13, 2017
As an intern, I primarily worked in the research lab, analyzed datasheets, and discussed findings with the senior engineers. It's a good place with a collaborative culture.
productive and competitive for consumers
Pallet Jack Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 6, 2017
must be able to life 75 pounds or more and handle hot climate weather.great management . must be able to stand 12+ hours six days a week. great pay a weekly.
Relaxed workplace environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 5, 2017
a regular day at work would consist of picking and processing orders, and dropping them off to be loaded in a truck. I learned how to ride a electric pallet lift while I was there. The culture is relaxed, but very gossipy. hardest part is days you cant get a lift, you are forced to walk.
Work at your own pace
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 13, 2017
If you love picking and packing, then you will love this job. Fun working group of people. Days are quick and fun fill. Clean environment with lots of job perks.
Pros
Job perks weekly
Cons
Work over at last moment
great work place
Picker packer (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCOctober 24, 2017
I really enjoyed the work place. I was going through domestic violence and had to resign due to injuries that prevented me from completing my job tasks.
Very productive
MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 15, 2017
While my time working here I did enjoy the work, it was hands on building metal cabinets for computer hard-drives. I also had to inspect the frame of the cabinet to make sure it was good to be able to sell to a potential customer
Work Experiance
Packer Operator (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 10, 2017
I really like the job that I do at Legrand. I like how the jobs aren't hard and if you feel like they are they will work with you to help you find a spot you can do a good job. They are understanding of any problem you have.
Fair
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 9, 2017
Its a good company to work for. It has its pros and cons like any other company. I would recommend working here to anyone. They have really good benefits.
Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to work.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 13, 2017
Management wants us to do double the lines we currently do with no extra errors. They can't understand that we have already sacrificed quality, safety, and housekeeping to get the lines per hour that we do now. Management has also reminded us repeatedly that we are nothing to Legrand. The management team acts like they have no idea what is going on and are just making stuff up as they go. No one feels like they have been properly trained for their jobs and are told to just manage to do it.
Professional
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 7, 2017
It's a good for those wanting a career in warehousing. Stay focused on job and task at hand, work individually on your production, inform your leads of any difficulties.
Cons
Unpaid lunch break
Productive and fun workplace
Janitor (Former Employee) –  351 crestmont dr. Fort Mill, SC.July 17, 2017
I enjoyed working here because it was easy money and extra income. Also, I love to clean and that is something I've always been good at. Overall the job itself was very laid back and never had to worry about someone jumping down my back about anything and I got credit for my hard work and effort.
Pros
Break on your time.
Cons
Paid once a month
Productivity and Management
Fiber Optic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 6, 2017
One week there could be several orders and overtime would be mandatory, and the next there would be no orders and would only work one day out of that week.