Legrand
51Below average

Legrand Employee Reviews

United States114 reviews
P&S does not value their employees...its a next man up atmosphere. Leadership is completely out of touch with the pulse of the workforce, and most employees are to scared for thier job to oppose and or speak up when issues arrive.
Endless blockades for the employees. Mandatory, unpaid overtime including weekend hours (Saturdays AND Sundays). Leadership cannot execute a change without creating major problems that last for months if not years (SAP, Tijuana factory, C2G integration).
Always room for improvement when working for a large corporation. Share holders need to see growth in the investments they have made. It is like the military, make use of the benefits.
would not go back to this place if it was the only place to work.Supervisors suck, pay sucks, don't appreciate overtime, or finding stuff that is wrong.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Light work sit all day working with copper wires putting them into what they called connectors with with wires going into different connectors and using machine to connect then
Pros
Light work
Cons
Under pay
The good about working with legrand is that its a fun environment. You are allowed to talk while still getting work done. The bad about working at Legrand is that they were not good with communicating with supervisors and leads. As they were the ones that had to communicate to the employees and it made a lot of things confusing. But never the less still a good job
It's not clear if Legrand will be able to effectively assimilate its acquisitions over the past decade. The company needs to demonstrate successful growth in one of its key businesses.
If you're looking for a "tell all" of sorts about Legrand, then look no further. Despite all of my prior experience being discredited by the staffing agency (Prologistix) I took a job at entry level with the hopes of advancing. More than a year later I am at Material Handler 3. My wife hired on there as well. Right away we observed how select people get to take it easy, even taking extra breaks while everyone else works like slaves, some to the point of injury. They haven't gone 100 days free of work related injuries since I've been there although their little safety board reports otherwise. I have watched supervisors immediately try to blame the employees who were hurt there.

After working there about 90 days a Lead position became available in my respective area. There were several prospects for the position. Myself, having over 2 decades of supervisory experience, 8 of which in a relevant field, a Trainer who had long since paid her dues to the company, an amazing Auditor who knows our systems better than anybody, and last but not least, a Loader from another department. The loader was everyone's buddy so he got the position. LESS THAN A MONTH AFTER HE GOT PROMOTED he had the nerve to become extremely volatile toward my wife, screaming, using profanity, name calling, and he even kept stepping toward her like he was about to get violent. There were at least 5 witnesses including a Supervisor. My wife ended her shift because she didn't feel safe at work and went to Human Resources the next day even though I was prepared to have our attorney meet us at work.
 - more...
I've been with the company for 11 years this year. I'm still there. Since new management has taken over, everything has gone to the dogs. This new management are all young, fresh out of college, with no real experience yet in the field. But you can't tell them that. Because they have a piece of paper that says they went to college, therefore they are smarter than you, and don't give a care in the world about anything that the older employees who have been there for years, and know how the business works, says.

They're driving themselves into the ground under the guise that things are getting better and they're more into teamwork. Yeah right. There's too many bosses and not enough workers. The left hand never knows what the right hand is doing because communication sucks and despite the effort, has never gotten better.

When I started, and up until new management took over, I was happy to come into my job. I was happy to be there and perform. I was unbothered by overtime, anything. So happy. Now, I hate everything. I hate my job. I hate the mental anguish and being put down, disrespected, and belittled by the management when i've been doing my job successfully for years.

It's not just me. You could cut the tension in this place with a knife. All the employees are on edge all the time because management keeps us this way. It's no longer an enjoyable place to work. If at all possible, i'd avoid this place like the plague. They want you to do more than just what your job entails, because without you doing more than one job, you're valueless to the company. (Yes. I had a
 - more...
Pros
It's a job if you don't have one.
Cons
The management. I feel like if they threw the new management out, things would be so much better and go back to normal.
Talk about employees behind their backs... racist... I’m Muslim
And made references to Aladdin and magic carpet for my prayer mat would never work there again
Being that I worked 2nd shift; a typical day at Pass & Seymour LeGrand was coming in a few moment prior to the shift beginning just to have a few moments before work. Then as we would come in the shift before are finishing up the last of their work before the change over to the next. I learned how to do specific paperwork for different stations.
Pros
The always find a way to incorporate prizes for the workers
Cons
Short Breaks
Yo apeendi como utilisar escaners tambien aprendi a trabajar bajo precion, decebolverme en cualquier area y mejore tecnicas para manejar el fork lift fue muy satusfactorio trabajar para legrand
Fast paced easy work but the management needs work. They have disrespected employees numerous times and have no leadership skills. The job and duties themselves are easy to adapt and learn but the management is a big con to this company. Too much favoritism
Pros
Good shift, easy work
Cons
Fernando
its a job where as long as you come to work you have a job
but you can be a temp up to 2 to 3years before hired in the door

there is advancement to move up

and you can get overtime in there heavy season
The job had a complete set of benefits and had a confident work culture when I was working there. Everyone did there job and management never overworked us and did respect us.
Pros
Good managment, solid schedule, good team members.
Cons
We had periods of low work due to business shortage.
Legrand was really good to me and gave me ample opportunity to learn and grow in my new career. They were supportive of me going to school and allowed flexibility to do so. The management was very personable. Workplace culture is very laid back and easy-going. No crazy hours expected. Workplace culture was lacking.
a fun place to work and a learning experience and can be made into a long term thing that will always impact your life the employees are also a blessing to work with
I worked there 7 months no advancement although I was told I was the best. New people got hire on because they were young girls they’re a nasty booty watchers.
All their really looking for is people that show up on time and that can assemble simple parts together. If you can do those 2 things your good to go.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Short breaks
I love working with the team, work was good the people was great I got along with bosses.my work was simple and I love.the company was good,my hours was good
I would not recommend anyone to this job Unless you like being in school or prison. You take test like your a kid again in school,you have bosses watching you like guards do prisoners every minute of the day some of the bosses talk and laugh about people but they dont realize they are no better than anyone else it just shows how immature they really are ,you have some people who are instigators they always go tell things on other people to make themselves look good when they should be working not up walking around or standing at bosses desk telling things about other people. Then you have some who gets by with coming in late ,staying out whenever they want which they should have points but never get like some people does.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legrand. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight