Lehigh Carbon Community College Employee Reviews

Fun teaching, but no advancement
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAJanuary 13, 2019
Enjoy working there, but the pay per class is not very good. No full time positions available. My supervisor is great, but college is too restrictive
Pros
Fun teaching
Cons
poor salary, no benefits
Excellent Community College
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Schnecksville, PANovember 16, 2018
Still enjoy working at LCCC, but job security, despite excellence in teaching
award is not good. The pay for adjuncts is not competitive. On the positive
side: exceptional collegiality, and collaborative academic programs. The
college strives hard to stay sensitive to a wide variety of
students with disabilities. LCCC's Developmental Office is assertive in letting
such students know they are willing to work with them. The college also strives hard to be inclusive. It offers a welcoming atmosphere to students
from a wide variety of backgrounds. The caliber of instructors, including
adjunct professors, is high offering a quality education at very affordable
tuition. The campus in Schnecksville, PA is in a rural setting and is spread
out on ample acreage next to the Lehigh Valley Zoo Nature Preserve and
Zoo.
Pros
Good Education
Cons
More loyalty to long term adjuncts
Great college to start at
Student (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAOctober 31, 2018
Great college to start at to begin at classes are the best price and the class schedules are easy to work with as a returning adult. Campus is great too!
The Main Campus facilities are fantastic, however the downtown campus is lacking
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 10, 2018
I taught yoga at the downtown campus and the space in which class was held was not appropriate because it was not private (outside of a common area with a lot of foot traffic), but we made it work.
Poorly Run College
College Professor (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAAugust 3, 2018
LCCC administration placed enrollment over quality of education. As enrollment dropped they would change job titles of administrators, but, had no direction.
Work day had no boundaries, you could have a 7:30 am class, and be scheduled for 6:00 pm meetings
Pros
faculty members are dedicated
Cons
Administration has no direction
Didn't Match
Dual Enrollment Admissions (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAJuly 24, 2018
Negative Environment and by the end of the first day I debated to return. Felt like everyone just disliked their careers so badly. I actually felt badly for many of the people whom work there.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
Not a recommendable place of employment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAJuly 17, 2018
The entire human resource department at LCCC is a illegitimate joke who hires based on personal preference and pre-existing affiliations with superiors. They also discipline employees based on preferential treatment and will fire employees for minimal infractions, but allow other to commit serious infractions with no consequences.

A typical day at LCCC consisted of stocking your closet for the day/week, cleaning bathrooms (scrubbing toilets inside and out, making sure all dispensers are filled, clean mirrors, garbage, dust, sanitize, and mop), dry and wet mopping the hallways and classroom floors, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning desks/boards/garbage cans in classrooms and offices. Also cleaned the cafeteria and serving area, and salted and shoveled all over campus when it snowed or was icy. Cleaned lounge area and upholstery and waxed floors. Drove their garbage truck and went around campus with another employee to collect and dump garbage and recycling every night.
Great place for a part-time job
Adjunct Instructor - School of Business (Current Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAJune 14, 2018
Great place to work. Administration, support staff, and full-time faculty extremely friendly and helpful. Very receptive to newer ideas with course content. Excellent facilities.
Work
Instructor/State Examiner (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAApril 9, 2018
The work hours were very good although the schedule changed every week. Management turned over quite often. The toughest part of the job was having a home life.
Great Employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAMarch 22, 2018
Paid benefits package is top notch. Coworkers are great. Mission is student focused and activities reflect that in campus life. Opportunity for advancement.
Great Workplace
Student Lab Aide (Current Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAMarch 17, 2018
I have learned so much from working as a science lab aide at LCCC. It has definitely prepared me for working in industry. Both of my bosses are extremely friendly and know what they are talking about.
Hard to Keep Morale Up
Professional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PADecember 5, 2017
In my immediate experiences, my supervisors were competent and cared deeply about the success of students. Those who actually ran the school (the VP, President, and a few professors they really liked) did not seem to care about whether or not students were actually learning. Their focus was on making money regardless of how. I'm not so naive as to think colleges don't want to make money, but the attitudes displayed by the above mentioned individuals was focused on greed.
Not worth it
STEM Educator (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PANovember 21, 2017
This was an internship where you learned nothing at all about the job field you were going into. You were basically just a go to person to run errands and babysit. You got to experience at all.
Many good people to work with
Staff (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PANovember 10, 2017
The culture has changed for the worse. There are many making questionable ethical decisions. It used to be a pretty good place to work and good people to work with however the culture is definitely changing for the worse.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Cio, VP of Finance
Fun and productive experience
Adult Literacy Educator/ Student Success Counselor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 10, 2017
Working at Lehigh Carbon Community College was a fun and productive place to work at it allowed you the freedom to use your natural skills. Often times I would come in to work an encourage and inspire students to push pass various life setbacks and press toward their goals. I am naturally gifted to counsel and encourage others to look at the bright side of every situation.
Pros
Fun and Productive environment
Cons
Not enough money in salary
Great working environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAAugust 3, 2017
It was a very positive environment. The school provided training seminars, team building seminars, and was very patient in training. I particularly enjoyed working with the students, who were always grateful for the assistance they received. I wish I could have stayed, however, we relocated back to Newtown, Pennsylvania.
Pros
Free gym access, discount at bookstore.
Cons
Parking was very far from the building I worked in.
review
ASSISTANT LAB MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAJuly 26, 2017
great place to work with flexible hours and good benefits. very relaxed and you are able to do your job with little input from others. Was able to flex time for my family.
Cons
small salary
Friendly and Professor work enviroment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 13, 2017
I have worked for LCCC for several years teaching one to three courses per semester. They have a very professional staff, that is available for advising. Students at the College are interested in learning, and communicate well with the Professors.
I was fun working with students
Certified Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAMay 3, 2017
Helped students with their studies in calculus, physics, and electronic circuit classes.I was enjoying learning and helping at the same time, it was one of the best experience I had in my life.
Adjunct work is very fulfilling
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAApril 29, 2017
As an adjunct, I was able to keep teaching in a setting that allowed me to have all the pros of public school teaching, with none of the cons. My experience was extremely positive.